GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 321,984
Threads: 115,245
Welcome to our newest member, MarjorieTi
Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Noble and High-minded?

I've read many vitriolic posts on these boards the past few weeks, and I'm incredulous that so many people who consider themselves noble, high-minded leaders of the nation should stoop to the level of "attack writing" that one would associate with non-Greeks. There are (apparently) two members of SAE who go after each other, and there are LOTS of people who heap ridicule upon Mr. Earp. I've had posts that were thought-provoking, humorous, inciteful, that have been removed by individuals who probably thought that their organizations were being challenged. Some of these same people, objecting to my posts and proclaiming their superiority, skewer each other as mortal enemies, not simply people with whom they have a strong disagreement.

"No matter what the letter, Greeks do it better." According to what I've read from some here, that maxim also applies to viciousness.
-Prunetacos
Old 09-03-2006, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

And your point would be...?
Old 09-03-2006, 07:35 PM

Dear Prune:

Your main objective on this board seems to be trying to drag skeletons out of closets. We've all got members we aren't proud of. I'm sure you would say the same for your own family.

If this is something you feel so strongly about, start your own website on which Greeks were SLA members/Manson girls/Barney cast members.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpiucf
And your point would be...?
My point is that when it comes to disemboweling antagonists, nobody does it as well as some of the Greek posters here - and their noble sisters and brothers.

It really wants to make others trust, follow and obey....:

-Prunetacos
Old 09-03-2006, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prunetacos
My point is that when it comes to disemboweling antagonists, nobody does it as well as some of the Greek posters here - and their noble sisters and brothers.

It really wants to make others trust, follow and obey....:

-Prunetacos
It has nothing to do with the fact that we're Greek. It has to do with the fact that many members on here don't like to put up with bullshit.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

So if you're so bothered by us, well...adios. Don't hang out and try to "innocently" get information (Sally Ride) and then attempt to zap us by what you've read and think you know. We couldn't care less about your opinions.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl
Dear Prune:

Your main objective on this board seems to be trying to drag skeletons out of closets. We've all got members we aren't proud of. I'm sure you would say the same for your own family.

If this is something you feel so strongly about, start your own website on which Greeks were SLA members/Manson girls/Barney cast members.
The skeletons are all out, 33girl. I'm having a devil of a time rounding them back up. Let's see...how about mom who was an undiagnosed paranoid schizophrenic, a brother who was a wife-beater, who left her shortly before their baby was born - didn't want to pay child support - and who was fired from several jobs for stealing? Is that bones enough? Oh...by the way...a few years ago he went to an SAE house and tried to get into it, saying that he was a member. When they found out he was lying, they kicked his butt to the curb. Just like my brother....
What's your GLO?
-Prunetacos
Old 09-03-2006, 07:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
It has nothing to do with the fact that we're Greek. It has to do with the fact that many members on here don't like to put up with bullshit.
Perhaps we can disavow cow manure not by slinging it, but by pointing out where others are wrong. It doesn't take much to be nasty. It takes a lot to present a strong and reasoned argument that's not ad hominem.
-Prunetacos
Old 09-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs down

Got us another weird one, guys....
Old 09-03-2006, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I've read many vitriolic posts on these boards the past few weeks, and I'm incredulous that so many people who consider themselves noble, high-minded leaders of the nation should stoop to the level of "attack writing" that one would associate with non-Greeks. There are (apparently) two members of SAE who go after each other, and there are LOTS of people who heap ridicule upon Mr. Earp. I've had posts that were thought-provoking, humorous, inciteful, that have been removed by individuals who probably thought that their organizations were being challenged. Some of these same people, objecting to my posts and proclaiming their superiority, skewer each other as mortal enemies, not simply people with whom they have a strong disagreement.

"No matter what the letter, Greeks do it better." According to what I've read from some here, that maxim also applies to viciousness.
-Prunetacos

As one of the two "apparent" SAE's you spoke of I have to say I find your comment funny. I have never taken any posting or persons agument personaly. As someone else posted all families have disagreements. Friends have disagreements on some subject but still remain friends. I will tell you flat out that I could and would have drinks or dinner any Friday or Saturday afternoon or evening with TEX without a problem. Face to face, we both may solve all the worlds problems. As long as we do not go out with or meet any ANZACS or South Africans-done that twice and the third time I fear would kill me.

And Prunetocos, while very obvious, not only are we 'all" Greeks here, we are all people, humans with our own thoughts, beliefs, upbringing, et al.

We just hang out here and open up to each other.....

And since you brought it up and asked--what is your GLO????

Last edited by jon1856; 09-03-2006 at 08:02 PM.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation
So if you're so bothered by us, well...adios. Don't hang out and try to "innocently" get information (Sally Ride) and then attempt to zap us by what you've read and think you know. We couldn't care less about your opinions.
Dear Carnation: Gee, I hope I can stay! I promise not to say mean things about anybody except non-Greeks, who don't know better anyway. PEOPLE don't bother me. Certain attitudes and behaviors bother me. A few years ago I made a comment about Sally Ride not being in a sorority, and I was told in the firmest of terms that I was completely wrong. I've been trying to find out ever since what she was in. Maybe an honorary? Maybe one devoted to science (like Sigma Xi)? Maybe a service organization? Don't know. What I do know is that I've never found an answer. You can google "Sally Ride" and "sorority" and come up with a list of outstanding Americans - she among them - who are in GLOs.

I've been privately chewed out about "The Urban Legend of Carla Sander." It's not an urban legend, folks. Sorry.

I suppose now I should say that two of the people (yes, they're friends) that I admire most in my life are a KKG and a Chi O. Both are world-renowned scientists and pioneers in their respective fields.

"Accentuate the positive. Eliminate the negative" - songwriter Johnny Mercer

-Prunetacos
Old 09-03-2006, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1856
As one of the two "apparent" SAE's you spoke of I have to say I find your comment funny. I have never taken any posting or persons agument personaly. As someone else posted all families have disagreements. Friends have disagreements on some subject but still remain friends. I will tell you flat out that I could and would have drinks or dinner any Friday or Saturday afternoon or evening with TEX without a problem. Face to face, we both may solve all the worlds problems. As long as we do not go out with or meet any ANZACS or South Africans-done that twice and the third time I fear would kill me.

And Prunetocos, while very obvious, not only are we 'all" Greeks here, we are all people, humans with our own thoughts, beliefs, upbringing, et al.

We just hang out here and open up to each other.....
Excellent points, very well said, Jon1856!
-Prunetacos
Old 09-03-2006, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Dear Carnation: Gee, I hope I can stay! I promise not to say mean things about anybody except non-Greeks, who don't know better anyway. PEOPLE don't bother me. Certain attitudes and behaviors bother me.
Do you make a habit of going onto message boards as a newbie (August 2006) and insulting people? You must be well liked!

You won't find any wrongdoing to expose here or open anybody's eyes to what Greeks are "really" like. If you want to cause trouble, there are other boards that are a lot more vituperative.

This is a weird thread. I believe I'll find better elsewhere.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Here, here......
Old 09-03-2006, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Why are people so irritated with Mr. Earp?

A little off-subject, perhaps, and hopefully somebody who's been here for a few years can answer the question - Why are people here frequently angry at Tom Earp? Maybe I should have gone back to much earlier posts.

I have another brother (not the skeleton) who is a pharmacist and who joined Alpha Sigma Phi many years ago. He had a good time, has a lot of great stories, but I don't know if he keeps up with many of his old fraternity brothers.

Perhaps the tenor, color and quality of one's GLO experience depend upon three things - the individual, the academic institution, and the GLO.
- Prunetacos
Closed Thread