GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Rush at Georgia Southern! (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=69270)

BBelleADPi 08-10-2005 07:05 PM

Rush at Georgia Southern!

http://students.georgiasouthern.edu/greeklife/sorority_recruit/phaschedule.htm

Orientation at Georgia Southern University was today, rush starts tomorrow! I wrote recs for three girls, one who was a KD legacy (mom). Can't wait to see where they all end up!!

Edited to try to fix link. No luck.

FSUZeta 08-10-2005 07:20 PM

hooray, bbelleadpi!!two of my good zeta friends here in naples graduated from ga. southern please keep us informed.

TSteven 08-10-2005 08:09 PM

Try this.

Panhellenic Association 2005 Formal Recruitment Schedule

AGDLynn 08-10-2005 08:42 PM

Maybe Alpha Gam will return one day!!

And to Savannah too! (Cool place to have a chapter!;) )

BBelleADPi 08-10-2005 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TSteven
Try this.

Panhellenic Association 2005 Formal Recruitment Schedule

Thank you very much, kind sir.

AGDLynn: Re: Maybe Alpha Gam will return one day!!
I didn't know AGD was there! When? I do know that, sadly, the Kappa Kappa Gamma chapter just closed. I do hope they'll be able to recolonize, their house is so nice! DZ was also here at one time, but I think it was before Greek Row was built.

If I can find out recruitment numbers going through, I'll post it.

carnation 08-10-2005 09:03 PM

Are you sure that AGD was there? I know that Kappa, AZD, and Delta Zeta were but I never heard about AGD!

I don't think there are any local PNMs at Southern. Seems like ASLFRose would've gotten a phone call to write an AOII rec!

I adore that campus.

AGDLynn 08-10-2005 09:13 PM

Gamma Rho opened 1970 at then Armstrong State.

Theta Gamma opened 1980 at Ga. Southern.

Not sure when they closed.

These are the only 2 Ga chapters to close.

GPhiBLtColonel 08-11-2005 04:21 AM

The daughter of our local GPhiB alum chapter president is a Zeta there at GA Southern and very excited about rush! I wish them and all the sororities there well!
:)

FloridaTish 08-11-2005 09:30 AM

Quote:

DZ was also here at one time, but I think it was before Greek Row was built.
I think that DZ was one of the first sororities on campus in 1968 (Ithink they left in late 70's early 80's). They came to campus in the 1990-1991 school year and did a presentation and some organizational get togethers, but they never wound up starting a colony. Kappa Kappa Gamma had just come to campus the year before (1989).

I loved the Kappa house. Three of my college roommates were Kappas at GSU.

dgdramadawg 08-11-2005 06:47 PM

I wish DG had a chapter at Southern... we only have one chapter in Georgia! Best of luck to everyone going through recruitment at Southern this year.

AOIIBrandi 08-12-2005 04:46 PM

Chi Omega also had a chapter there, but it was closed in 92 or 93 I think...

As I am an alum from Georgia Southern I would love to read any updates that can be given :D

FloridaTish 08-13-2005 07:30 AM

Actually, I believe Chi Omega closed at Georgia Southern sometime during the 1993-1994 school year. A friend of mine was a member and they were still doing actively recruiting in the Spring of 1993.

PKTKKG 08-13-2005 09:06 AM

Here is what Baird's manual has on Georgia Southern:

DZ was founded in 1968 and was still active when the 1991 version was published.

Chi Omega was founded in 1976 and was still active when the 1991 version was published.

Inactive groups are listed as Alpha Xi Delta (1968-1979) and Alpha Gamma Delta (1980-1984).

Of course now DZ is inactive, Chi O is inactive, and KKG was there from 1990-2005.

BBelleADPi 08-13-2005 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AOIIBrandi

As I am an alum from Georgia Southern I would love to read any updates that can be given :D

Yeah, me too!! My older sister was a member of ADPi's very first pledge class after colonization (1968), and her picture is on the first composite, which now hangs in the foyer of ADPi's very beautiful Southern-style chapter home. I was a member of the third pledge class in 1971. To be in on the beginnings of such a fine chapter is more gratifying than can be put into words. We originally started in lodges built especially for us, which were very beautiful in themselves, but small-had a chapter room and kitchen downstairs, and officers' bedrooms upstairs. All the sorority lodges were in a row at that time-ADPi, ZTA, KD, Panhellenic office in the middle, then Phi Mu, DZ, and AZDelta. So to see the existence of Greek Row now at Southern is especially gratifying. (Fraternity houses were in various places around town, if indeed, the fraternity had one at all.) And, back to rush-bid day is tomorrow, and I can't wait to find out where (hopefully!) three girls pledged!

GPhiBLtColonel 08-13-2005 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PKTKKG
Here is what Baird's manual has on Georgia Southern:

DZ was founded in 1968 and was still active when the 1991 version was published.

Chi Omega was founded in 1976 and was still active when the 1991 version was published.

Inactive groups are listed as Alpha Xi Delta (1968-1979) and Alpha Gamma Delta (1980-1984).

Of course now DZ is inactive, Chi O is inactive, and KKG was there from 1990-2005.

Geesh! Makes me wonder what the heck happened to cause so many chapters to de-activate? Is it solely lower numbers of female students or something else?

I get the impression now that Greek life is flourishing at GA Southern...is that accurate?