GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Psi


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 297,199
Threads: 114,119
Posts: 2,150,376
Welcome to our newest member, abrdayandext938
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 10-31-2008, 04:02 AM
PrettyBoy PrettyBoy is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,778
Before I post this chant I just want to say that I by no means smoke anything, do drugs, or drink.

I'm not sure if this chant is at other chapters but at DZ we had this one. Though I don't do it, I sure have fun chanting it.

"YO BABAAAY, YO BABAAAY, YO BABAAAY, YO BABAAAY! WE SMOKE THE DOPE, WE DRINK THE WINE, NUPE NUPE M___F___ IT'S PARTY TIME! NUPE NUPE M___F___ NUPE NUPE!"

__________________
1911
Krème de la Kreme
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
The most hated organization within the Divine 9
We know it and you know it too
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-19-2008, 10:58 PM
K_I_A_Nupe K_I_A_Nupe is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 166
We had a brah bring a chant down from Indiana for my line bekuz we kept messing up. Usually we death marched to the "Road to Kappaland"...I'm 24, my tre is 45, duece 38, ace 34, 5 27, and 6 32. Pikture us getting that march down....Maybe you had to be there, lol
__________________
If we were chickens and I had to explain how Phresh I am, I'm still alive and you're in the package...think about it ~PHI V~ www.stpetekappas.com..... GO USF BULLS!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-01-2008, 11:40 AM
StriKtlyNupe StriKtlyNupe is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 10
Send a message via AIM to StriKtlyNupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhSoVeryLadylike View Post
Lol OBVIOUSLY I am NOT a Kappa...and I am not sure if this would be a chant or a song, but the Kappas at my university always did a piece during probate that started like this:

K A PP A A L and a PHA P S I, Oh Phi Nu Pi, I wanna be a member of KAPsi...A little boy once was I....

It was always so nicely done...
Familiar?
...never knew the meaning of Phi Nu Pi.

There's a lot more to the song. That's one of my favorites.
__________________
In the year of 1911...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Kappachino3Klub Kappachino3Klub is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 61
Send a message via Yahoo to Kappachino3Klub
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
Before I post this chant I just want to say that I by no means smoke anything, do drugs, or drink.

I'm not sure if this chant is at other chapters but at DZ we had this one. Though I don't do it, I sure have fun chanting it.

"YO BABAAAY, YO BABAAAY, YO BABAAAY, YO BABAAAY! WE SMOKE THE DOPE, WE DRINK THE WINE, NUPE NUPE M___F___ IT'S PARTY TIME! NUPE NUPE M___F___ NUPE NUPE!"


"....WE WEAR THE CLOTHES, WE PIMP THE HO3S, NUPE,NUPE M_F_ THAT'S THE WAY IT GOES! DO THIS..YO BABAAAY"

definately one of my favorites.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-02-2009, 07:03 PM
KAPPAtivating KAPPAtivating is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Somewhere in a Hood near you!
Posts: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappachino3Klub View Post
"....WE WEAR THE CLOTHES, WE PIMP THE HO3S, NUPE,NUPE M_F_ THAT'S THE WAY IT GOES! DO THIS..YO BABAAAY"

definately one of my favorites.
"Throw dis..."
__________________
"The heart of a champion isn't measured by the victories, but whether or not you will rise to face the challenge even when you stand alone." ~KAPPAtivating
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-04-2009, 02:50 AM
prettygirllulu prettygirllulu is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4
Clearly, I'm not a Kappa, and this is not a Scroller chant, but I used to find this one particularly charming when I was in undergrad...

"rise, rise, shake those hips and spread those thighs, and gimme, gimme, gimme, gimmie some of that phi nu pi . . . "

I mean I really loved it and found it totally hilarious. I needed to raise my standards.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-06-2009, 01:00 PM
PrettyBoy PrettyBoy is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygirllulu View Post
I needed to raise my standards.
Good idea.
__________________
1911
Krème de la Kreme
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
The most hated organization within the Divine 9
We know it and you know it too
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-07-2009, 10:23 AM
ONE P.M. ONE P.M. is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gulfport, MS
Posts: 12
Send a message via Yahoo to ONE P.M.
I went to England to visit the Queen...she saw I was a NUPE and krowned me king...I threw her the YO, she played the part...now the Queen of England is a KAPPA SWEETHEART...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-07-2009, 04:00 PM
PrettyBoy PrettyBoy is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE P.M. View Post
I went to England to visit the Queen...she saw I was a NUPE and krowned me king...I threw her the YO, she played the part...now the Queen of England is a KAPPA SWEETHEART...
That's a good one.
__________________
1911
Krème de la Kreme
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
The most hated organization within the Divine 9
We know it and you know it too
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-07-2009, 11:07 PM
K_I_A_Nupe K_I_A_Nupe is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 166
I was looking for the name of this but I kouldn't find it. This is the chant a Brother from "O.G." gave us:

"Brothers.....I don't know, I don't know if I can make it into Kappa Alpha Psi....OHHHHHHHHHHHH....Big Brother said we couldn't make it, Huhhh....but we got a big surprise.....We're gonna cross those burning sands, We're gonna make into Kappa Alpha Psi....OHHHHHHHHHHH"
__________________
If we were chickens and I had to explain how Phresh I am, I'm still alive and you're in the package...think about it ~PHI V~ www.stpetekappas.com..... GO USF BULLS!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-08-2009, 09:07 AM
PrettyBoy PrettyBoy is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_I_A_Nupe View Post
I was looking for the name of this but I kouldn't find it. This is the chant a Brother from "O.G." gave us:

"Brothers.....I don't know, I don't know if I can make it into Kappa Alpha Psi....OHHHHHHHHHHHH....Big Brother said we couldn't make it, Huhhh....but we got a big surprise.....We're gonna cross those burning sands, We're gonna make into Kappa Alpha Psi....OHHHHHHHHHHH"
Oh hell no!!! LMAO!! We said that same chant when we were scrollers. I thought that was just at DZ. I didn't know it was national. Good post.
__________________
1911
Krème de la Kreme
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
The most hated organization within the Divine 9
We know it and you know it too
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Kappachino3Klub Kappachino3Klub is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 61
Send a message via Yahoo to Kappachino3Klub
Ohhhh The memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
Oh hell no!!! LMAO!! We said that same chant when we were scrollers. I thought that was just at DZ. I didn't know it was national. Good post.

Yup. We did the same chant as scrollers down here @GL with a few substituted words. (Gamma Lamda) Huston-Tillotson University.


"Scrollers..I don't know, I don't know if we can make it over...Scrollers, I don't know if we can make it into Kappa Alpha Psi..OHHHHHHHH, if we can make it into Kappa Alpha Psi...Big Brother said, we wouldn't make it but we got a big suprise..we're going to cross those burning sands alive, we're going to make it into Kappa Alpha Psi"


I remember the night we learned that song..after that my LB's and I decided we would bump the song from "The Lox" called "We gon' make it" before "sets." Everytime I hear that song now I have flashbacks.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-08-2009, 07:11 PM
PrettyBoy PrettyBoy is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappachino3Klub View Post
Yup. We did the same chant as scrollers down here @GL with a few substituted words. (Gamma Lamda) Huston-Tillotson University.


"Scrollers..I don't know, I don't know if we can make it over...Scrollers, I don't know if we can make it into Kappa Alpha Psi..OHHHHHHHH, if we can make it into Kappa Alpha Psi...Big Brother said, we wouldn't make it but we got a big suprise..we're going to cross those burning sands alive, we're going to make it into Kappa Alpha Psi"


I remember the night we learned that song..after that my LB's and I decided we would bump the song from "The Lox" called "We gon' make it" before "sets." Everytime I hear that song now I have flashbacks.
I'm trippin' off of all of this. That's pretty narrow minded of me to only think that these chants were only at DZ. This is kool.

__________________
1911
Krème de la Kreme
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
The most hated organization within the Divine 9
We know it and you know it too
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-08-2009, 07:18 PM
PrettyBoy PrettyBoy is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,778
What about

"Writing letters to the big brothers, having sessions down at the house. Gettin' signatures for our little red books, trying to make us meek as a mouse....we're holdin' steady, holdin' steady, right there why we get it, and I reckon that we're gonna get it, cuz we pledge...we're pledgin' Kappa and we still got a whole lot of soul...zoooooom, zoom, zooma zooma zoom, zooooom, zoom, zooma zooma zoom, a zoom zoom.

That's just part of it. I can't remember the rest. Anyone use this chant?
__________________
1911
Krème de la Kreme
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
The most hated organization within the Divine 9
We know it and you know it too
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-08-2009, 09:56 PM
K_I_A_Nupe K_I_A_Nupe is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappachino3Klub View Post
"We gon' make it" before "sets." Everytime I hear that song now I have flashbacks.
LOL....I feel you on that....Kollectively, "Lawd, Its so hard Pledging K A Psi..." but personally, I used to listen to Kayne West "Can't tell me nothing" because I need to get my money right and when I was on, I played "I Wonder".....That first line "I've been waiting for this all my life" describe my lust for Kappa at the time.
__________________
If we were chickens and I had to explain how Phresh I am, I'm still alive and you're in the package...think about it ~PHI V~ www.stpetekappas.com..... GO USF BULLS!!!!

Last edited by K_I_A_Nupe; 02-24-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kappa Kappa Gamma Woman Dies in Chicago Porch Collapse Blue Violets Kappa Kappa Gamma 6 05-04-2009 12:36 PM
She's a Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Gamma Girl... KerriMarie Kappa Kappa Gamma 13 12-23-2008 04:21 PM
Scroller Club Konfusion Kappa Alpha Psi 11 04-16-2006 11:45 AM
scroller club, phinx club,lamps,sigma? Carlos Woodson Kappa Alpha Psi 15 04-13-2006 03:31 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.