GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,421
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, LeahArguet
» Online Users: 2,580
4 members and 2,576 guests
Cookiez17, John
Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Local going National

Hi,

I am the Expansion chair for the Alumni Board of my local sorority. We have decided to go national. If there are any locals out there that would like information, or if you would like to start a local sorority please contact me! I will send you tons of information and answer any questions you may have.

Thanks,

Missy Kramer
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-07-2007, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
What's the name of your sorority and when was it established?
Old 09-07-2007, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

where are you guys located at?
Old 09-07-2007, 07:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Delts Xi Omega, Beta Epsilon and our Alpha Chapter is in Eastern Washington.

If anybody wants to look at our website it is:

www.deltaxiomegaewu.com

or PM me if you like....we dont care where a chapter is located as long as they are willing to make it work we will make it work too. We have a strong Alumnea board that is excited to get this new venture off the ground, and if it doesn't we will have fun meeting new people and about their sisterhood's.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Unregistered-

Okay wait.

You guys started off as Beta Epsilon.

Then you guys became a chapter of the Delta Xi Omega sorority (aka the one featured on MTV's Sorority Life 2)

You guys then decided that Delta Xi Omega ideals did not meet the needs of your chapter (according to your website), you guys are back to being a local at EWU, but call yourselves Delta Xi Omega, Beta Epsilon? You guys went back to being a local but still use the Delta Xi Omega name? Do your shirts read DXQ, BE ?

Now you want to expand to other campuses as Delta Xi Omega, Beta Epsilon? So your second chapter would then be Delta Xi Omega, Beta Epsilon, Beta Chapter?

ETA: Now I know why this looked familiar...they were the local that swiped Sigma Kappa's stuff a few years back. GC old-timers might remember that debacle. I knew I'd seen this somewhere!!! Glad to know that you guys changed your symbols!

Last edited by Unregistered-; 09-07-2007 at 07:59 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyKramer View Post
Hi,

I am the Expansion chair for the Alumni Board of my local sorority. We have decided to go national. If there are any locals out there that would like information, or if you would like to start a local sorority please contact me! I will send you tons of information and answer any questions you may have.

Thanks,

Missy Kramer
I'm confused--do you want to form a new national organization? If so, then wouldn't you be looking for locals interested in going national, not those who want to start a local?

Also, curious why you are taking your group national instead of pursuing affiliation with an already established organization.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Delts Xi Omega, Beta Epsilon and our Alpha Chapter is in Eastern Washington.

If anybody wants to look at our website it is:

www.deltaxiomegaewu.com

or PM me if you like....we dont care where a chapter is located as long as they are willing to make it work we will make it work too. We have a strong Alumnea board that is excited to get this new venture off the ground, and if it doesn't we will have fun meeting new people and about their sisterhood's.
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks,

Missy Kramer
How do you plan to form strong, stable chapters at other schools when your sorority has been through 3 different incarnations in the last 3 years - one of which was a direct rip off of an NPC group, and another that was a chapter of the MTV sorority life season 2 trainwreck group? And how can you "not care" where your future chapters would be located? A responsible expansion would care about campus climate and proximity of alumni to work with the new chapter, among other things.

Seriously, your sorority needs to take some time, and develop the existing chapter as a stable organization before trying to expand beyond the one chapter you have. Nothing good will come from expanding too fast.

ETA - looks like OTW beat me to it.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrigamiTulip View Post
ETA - looks like OTW beat me to it.
We have a good memory!
Old 09-07-2007, 09:49 PM
GreekChat Member

This whole thing is so freakin' confusing! If you severed your ties with Delta Xi Omega, why didn't you just go back to being called Beta Epsilon to simplify everything? That's what your roots seem to be. Or maybe it would just be easier to be called SKEPI.....
Old 09-08-2007, 01:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Not that it matters but yes we did severe our ties with the Delta Xi Omega in New York, since they dont own the name Delta Xi Omega we retained it as a part of our history since we did have their name however we operated on our own. As far as not caring where our other chapters would be yes we care. But we have Alumni in several states to help the expansion process. I am not going to get into a long drwan out arguement over things in the past. Our organization has grown strong, made a few mistakes (and who hasn't) we corrected those mistakes and have moved on. Maybe you should do the same. If you don't like the idea of us going national then don't apply to be a chapter. I thank you for your concern in our chapters history, and wish you all well with your own organizations.

Missy
Old 09-08-2007, 04:49 AM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Not that it matters but yes we did severe our ties with the Delta Xi Omega in New York, since they dont own the name Delta Xi Omega we retained it as a part of our history since we did have their name however we operated on our own. As far as not caring where our other chapters would be yes we care. But we have Alumni in several states to help the expansion process. I am not going to get into a long drwan out arguement over things in the past. Our organization has grown strong, made a few mistakes (and who hasn't) we corrected those mistakes and have moved on. Maybe you should do the same. If you don't like the idea of us going national then don't apply to be a chapter. I thank you for your concern in our chapters history, and wish you all well with your own organizations.

Missy
They don't own the name? Can you cite your source for this? So you're telling me that even though Beta Epsilon was a separate entity that petitioned Delta Xi Omega to become a part of that organization you guys feel that you have a right to retain that name?

Do you realize how much confusion you're causing by retaining their name? Sure, you were a part of Delta Xi Omega for a while, but according to your website, the ideals didn't fulfill your needs, so why bother keeping the name? Why not just be "Beta Epsilon" and stick to your roots? If you claim to have operated on your own, why attach yourself to DZO?

Judging by the discussion we've had here on Beta Epsilon/DZO, how do you expect to sell yourself to groups and expand?
Old 09-08-2007, 07:13 AM
GreekChat Member

But, OTW, BE doesn't have all sorts of cool, squiggily Greek looking letters like DXW!!!!!!
Closed Thread