GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 300,295
Threads: 114,212
Welcome to our newest member, fhgdytjnh

Old 12-10-2007, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ealymc
One shirt we had was South Park themed:

"SIGMA NU
Bigger, Longer, and Cut"

The back of the shirt was the policeman version of Cartman:

"RESPECT MY FRATERNITAH!"

It was a favorite among Greeks that year.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Our rush shirt for fall semester was insane....

we just got our fraternity house this year...so on the front it says "we found a new place to stick our trojan" it has the trojan helmet on it..
on the back theres a sketch of our house and a silloute of a girl bendin over in front of the house with the door between her legs and it says "and her doors are wide open"

everybody wanted one...and sorority girls actully loved it despite what dirtyness ha
Old 12-14-2007, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKTtrojan229 View Post
Our rush shirt for fall semester was insane....

we just got our fraternity house this year...so on the front it says "we found a new place to stick our trojan" it has the trojan helmet on it..
on the back theres a sketch of our house and a silloute of a girl bendin over in front of the house with the door between her legs and it says "and her doors are wide open"

everybody wanted one...and sorority girls actully loved it despite what dirtyness ha
WOW that is really dirty!
Old 01-04-2008, 01:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Well one we had a while back was "Psi U. Pimping since 1833." of course you put your fraternity's name and founding year on instead.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tkehippy06 Send a message via MSN to tkehippy06 Send a message via Yahoo to tkehippy06
Our latest rush shirt was yellow with green print (our President is a big John Deere fan), had a skull and crossbones on the front, along with "TAU KAPPA EPSILON", and on the back it had our triple triangle and the quote "In life there are leaders and followers. Take note - you're reading the back of my shirt."

Great color choice, considering nowhere else do we use either of those colors.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Great Rush Shirt

On the Front it Says
See dick then a pic of a guy alone
See Dick Pledge then a guy with letters on his chest
See Girls Want Dick - the same guy with letters on with girls around him
Old 09-28-2009, 05:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macallan25 View Post
Most chapters I know of make simple rush shirts and give them to the girls.......pretty much the girls in top sororities.

Wearing your own rush shirt is pretty douchebaggish in my opinion.
What's douchebaggish about wearing a rush shirt for your own fraternity? Isn't that kind of the point?

Our Fraternity had shirts made that have a pretty cool design involving our letters on the front (designed by a brother from another Chapter who is a graphic designer in his spare time). On the back, they say "Rush [Our Fraternity]"

I don't think that's douchebaggish at all. In fact, the shirts have been great at increasing our visibility on Campus. Once a week, the brothers meet at the house with our new shirts on and eat at a central location on campus (like a dining hall). It definitely turns a few heads.

EDIT: Just realized how old this thread was. Sorry.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltNick View Post
I don't think that's douchebaggish at all. In fact, the shirts have been great at increasing our visibility on Campus. Once a week, the brothers meet at the house with our new shirts on and eat at a central location on campus (like a dining hall). It definitely turns a few heads.

EDIT: Just realized how old this thread was. Sorry.
Because you shouldn't have to have wear your own rush shirt. You should just give it to girls and people like that.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance it happens very far away way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 09-28-2009, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Well every campus is different... always keep that in mind.

Σ Φ Ε
Old 09-28-2009, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

What is the logic behind having no brothers where your rush shirts in the first place? This is an honest question because I just don't understand.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
What is the logic behind having no brothers where your rush shirts in the first place? This is an honest question because I just don't understand.
DeltNick was talking about using it to become "visible" on campus.

Depending completely on your campus culture, visibility isn't really an issue. Shit, no one at my old campus wore jerseys (or whatever those are called when you wear your letters real big on a solid color shirt), people simply knew what you were by how you looked/talk/who you were. Visibility isn't an issue.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance it happens very far away way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 09-28-2009, 05:52 PM
GreekChat Member

No I agree with him at that point. But you were saying you should get girls and other people to wear them instead. I don't understand the logic in that.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
No I agree with him at that point. But you were saying you should get girls and other people to wear them instead. I don't understand the logic in that.
Oh sorry...

Because it's weird if brothers are encouraging people to rush a certain house. It seems a little desperate to me. Seems just awkward. We usually give the shirts to girls and guys who already got a bid (it's their first letter shirt).
Old 09-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Lots of hot girls from the top sororities seen wearing a particular fraternity's shirt implies that chapter's success with the ladies, which of course is one of the reasons to join a fraternity (or so I've heard.)
Old 09-28-2009, 06:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie's_Rush View Post
Lots of hot girls from the top sororities seen wearing a particular fraternity's shirt implies that chapter's success with the ladies, which of course is one of the reasons to join a fraternity (or so I've heard.)
That's what I thought. Though if you get people who want to join just because they can sleep with the hottest girls on campus, do you really want them?