GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Cool Sites

Cool Sites Know of a unique, cool & useful website? Please tell us about it here.


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 299,076
Threads: 114,182
Posts: 2,151,068
Welcome to our newest member, humloropso
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 03-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Psi U MC Vito Psi U MC Vito is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: nasty and inebriated
Posts: 5,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
Another sorority secret:

"I'm having sex with my sorority sister"

Talk about taking the idea of sisterly love a little far.
__________________
And he took a cup of coffee and gave thanks to God for it, saying, 'Each of you drink from it. This is my caffeine, which gives life.'
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-21-2010, 01:31 PM
pshsx1 pshsx1 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 2,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPA85 View Post
Finally a positive Greek secret!!! Just posted about half an hour ago.

"I knew things were changing when my Fraternity Brothers threw a guy out of the house for making fun of me for being gay."
That's great! I want to see that one!

I just stumbled on this on Google: "My 'Brother' did gay porn to save our Fraternity." and then it had the name of the fraternity at the bottom and their coat of arms.
__________________
Our Mission: Building Balanced Men
Our Principles: Virtue, Diligence, & Brotherly Love
Our Practice: Sound Mind, Sound Body

Σ Φ Ε
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-22-2010, 06:02 PM
ExcitedSoph ExcitedSoph is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 17
I absolutely love post secret! I found it after some of the secrets were featured in the "Dirty Little Secret" music video. I've checked the site every Sunday since! :]

Every time I see a Post Secret book in the store, I always flip through to see if anyone added their own post card.. no luck yet. :[
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-31-2010, 05:05 AM
TPA85 TPA85 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 919
One of the secrets posted on the website right now is on a postcard I made. The secret isn't mine, just the card.... I can't help but wonder if the secret belongs to and old roommate and I also wonder who it's about.....
__________________
The girls are fun,
in GOLD & BLUE,
and I'M SO GLAD, TO BE ONE TOO!

Θ Φ Α

Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-31-2010, 10:09 AM
33girl 33girl is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Hotel Oceanview
Posts: 33,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPA85 View Post
One of the secrets posted on the website right now is on a postcard I made. The secret isn't mine, just the card.... I can't help but wonder if the secret belongs to and old roommate and I also wonder who it's about.....
That would freak me the eff out.
__________________
It is all 33girl's fault. ~DrPhil
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-01-2010, 12:52 AM
deltag_girl deltag_girl is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by xomanadaxo View Post
We actually did a "post secret" bonding thing with my sorority. Someone passed out index cards and we all wrote a secret on them, then went up and put them in a box. They were shuffled and redistributed so that everyone read someone elses' card...that way no one knew whose was whose. It was a really cool exercise that helped us all realize not everyone is perfect. After all, we all have secrets!

Postsecret is totally my Sunday addiction. I get so sad when I've read all the ones for the week...I always crave more!
we did this too! and it was an ah-mazing activity! we (myself-adviser, my standards adviser, and the VP in charge of the activity) read them out loud to the chapter. they were heartbreaking, funny, sad, and just emotional overall.

the hardest ones to read were the ones (yes, multiple) about being raped.

one new member even felt her bond grow after this activity since she could relate to another secret and then felt if that sister could feel comfortable at the house then so could she.

i highly recommended doing this for a fun chapter! and then, of course, we mailed them all to postsecret!
__________________
ΔΓ
for hope. for strength. for life.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-01-2010, 01:00 AM
thetaj thetaj is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 883
It's been over a year since this card was on the side, but it's been my motto ever since.



"life is good. everyone just overreacts. even me."
__________________
WWBLHD?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-07-2011, 10:26 AM
ASTalumna06 ASTalumna06 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oahu, Hawaii
Posts: 5,581
There is currently a secret posted that has a picture of Frank Warren at a PostSecret event on one side, and on the other it reads:

"I came here tonight with two of my sisters, one blood and one sorority. Both have saved my life once. Neither knows it.
__________________
I believe in the values of friendship and fidelity to purpose

@~/~~~~
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-06-2011, 01:15 PM
minDyG minDyG is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somewhere near the Savannah River. Think central.
Posts: 528
Send a message via AIM to minDyG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
There is currently a secret posted that has a picture of Frank Warren at a PostSecret event on one side, and on the other it reads:

"I came here tonight with two of my sisters, one blood and one sorority. Both have saved my life once. Neither knows it.
I saw that one too! I don't keep up with Post Secret religiously anymore but it warms my heart on the weeks I happen to check it and there happens to be a Greek Life affiliated secret.
__________________
Ain't nothin finer in the land than a sweet, adorable DELTA GAM!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-07-2011, 04:30 AM
christiangirl christiangirl is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: in the midst of a 90s playlist
Posts: 9,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by minDyG View Post
I saw that one too! I don't keep up with Post Secret religiously anymore but it warms my heart on the weeks I happen to check it and there happens to be a Greek Life affiliated secret.
Silly me, I thought the whole save-a-life thing was the heart-warming part!

ETA: Wow. The postcard about the man who decided not to walk into traffic and the responses to it was really touching. Sad, yes, but really touching.
__________________
"We have letters. You have dreams." ~Senusret I

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl

Last edited by christiangirl; 04-07-2011 at 04:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 05-03-2011, 02:07 AM
FHwku FHwku is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Posts: 2,003

Last edited by FHwku; 05-03-2011 at 02:08 AM. Reason: lol "varts"
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-20-2011, 01:28 AM
TPA85 TPA85 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 919
Yay! A new Sorority-related secret :-D




ETA: Someone submitted an email response:
-----Email-----
I joined the sorority to stop as well. Its amazing how much sisterhood can feel like hate. Getting kicked out was the greatest thing to ever happen to me. It allowed me to figure out who my real "sisters" were.
It bugs me when people respond like this, like they're saying "Your secret is dumb. Here's how I feel about the subject. And I'm right."

__________________
The girls are fun,
in GOLD & BLUE,
and I'M SO GLAD, TO BE ONE TOO!

Θ Φ Α


Last edited by TPA85; 11-21-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 05-29-2012, 07:21 PM
ASTalumna06 ASTalumna06 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oahu, Hawaii
Posts: 5,581
A secret posted this past Sunday:



And the comments to follow:

-----Email-----
Dear Frank,
If I had a son and he was at a party, watched a girl drink more than she meant to, saw her pass out, and made the decision to rape her... I would blame him. He would be a rapist.



-----Email-----
I was raped after attending a frat party freshman year. I hope the daughter of the parent who sent this never goes through that; knowing I wouldn't have my parents' support made me never report it.


-----Email-----
My sister went to a frat party alone, drank shots on an empty stomach, and passed out on the couch. No one raped her. Someone made her an omelet.
__________________
I believe in the values of friendship and fidelity to purpose

@~/~~~~
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 05-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Mevara Mevara is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltag_girl View Post
we did this too! and it was an ah-mazing activity! we (myself-adviser, my standards adviser, and the VP in charge of the activity) read them out loud to the chapter. they were heartbreaking, funny, sad, and just emotional overall.

the hardest ones to read were the ones (yes, multiple) about being raped.

one new member even felt her bond grow after this activity since she could relate to another secret and then felt if that sister could feel comfortable at the house then so could she.

i highly recommended doing this for a fun chapter! and then, of course, we mailed them all to postsecret!
This sounds like a great activity... I will recommend it to our chapter.
__________________
The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear. - Socrates
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 05-29-2012, 11:02 PM
pshsx1 pshsx1 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 2,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by xomanadaxo View Post
We actually did a "post secret" bonding thing with my sorority. Someone passed out index cards and we all wrote a secret on them, then went up and put them in a box. They were shuffled and redistributed so that everyone read someone elses' card...that way no one knew whose was whose. It was a really cool exercise that helped us all realize not everyone is perfect. After all, we all have secrets!

Postsecret is totally my Sunday addiction. I get so sad when I've read all the ones for the week...I always crave more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltag_girl View Post
we did this too! and it was an ah-mazing activity! we (myself-adviser, my standards adviser, and the VP in charge of the activity) read them out loud to the chapter. they were heartbreaking, funny, sad, and just emotional overall.

the hardest ones to read were the ones (yes, multiple) about being raped.

one new member even felt her bond grow after this activity since she could relate to another secret and then felt if that sister could feel comfortable at the house then so could she.

i highly recommended doing this for a fun chapter! and then, of course, we mailed them all to postsecret!
Wow. That's a great idea!!
__________________
Our Mission: Building Balanced Men
Our Principles: Virtue, Diligence, & Brotherly Love
Our Practice: Sound Mind, Sound Body

Σ Φ Ε
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.