GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 296,839
Threads: 114,104
Welcome to our newest member, kurtimipsa

Old 10-26-2000, 09:33 PM
Give me a break!

Quote:
Originally posted by MaMaBuddha:
yes, Delta Sigma Theta is the largest sorority with over 200,000 members.
Weren't ALL 22 of your fast ass, unappreciative,dissenting ass, ingrateful, Judas-like, founders once members of the sorority that BS1908 mistakingly gave credit to for having the most members?
And I thought elephants never forget *tsk tsk* You ladies sure forgot where yall came from. Your founders didn't leave AKA to create something better
*Hearing Nellie saying "Yall don't gotta go home, but yall gotta get the F***........"

Remember: It's Quality, NOT quantity so don't be so quick to start calling out numbers. Your org let's dam near anybody in, so what do you expect?
Old 10-26-2000, 09:41 PM
aggreed

Thumbs up

eventhough crude I agree with gimme a break's post, Delta's always have lines with 100+ people, you mean to tell me that with the equal interest in DST and AKA that DST has the most members... true but I prefer quality over quanity , (before you sceam my head off realize this is my opinion and I have the right to issue it respectfully without getting my head bitten off.) can 100+ ladies REALLY HAVE THE BOND THAT YOU TALK OF?
Respect your roots perpetrators! AKA is the first and definitely the finest!
Old 10-26-2000, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

To 'Give me a break!'

If you have nothing positive to contribute to this board, please refrain from using it.
Old 10-26-2000, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM DISRESPECTING MY SORORITY AND MY FOUNDER BY USING SUCH UNLADY LIKE, VULGAR LANGUAGE IN THE SAME BREATH!

YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO EXPRESS HOW YOU FEEL, BUT DANG...

**SHAKING MY HEAD**

LET IT GO! LET IT GO!
THERE IS TOO MUCH WORK THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE!

LEAVE IT ALONE AND GET TO WORK!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by AKA2D '91 (edited October 26, 2000).]
Old 10-27-2000, 08:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Let me pose a question:

XYZ sorority had 300 interest and accepted 100.

ABC sorority had 80 interest and accepted 70.

Which one is more selective? You do the math!

BTW if you are not a Delta or an AKA, how could you POSSIBLY know what REALLY happened in 1913 and why?? If you were not selected by EITHER sorority, LET IT GO!!

...and please GROW UP, profanity is used by those whose vocabulary is limited by their small, UNREGISTERED minds.

nuff said

------------------
mccoyred

Dynamic
Salient
Temperate
Old 10-27-2000, 06:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Why?

Give me a break and aggreed, why?

The original question of who had the largest sorority was in response to the person who "claimed" he/she was giving up the handshake (despite the fact that that's not even what the original question pertained to) of the largest fraternal organization (BS1980). BS1908 then asked (very innocently, I presume) who was the largest sorority. My Soror, 12dn4dst recognized the attempts to once again, slander Chi Omega. The issue of whether DST of AKA was the largest was brought up by people who are not in either organization (sure about this with Nupe4Life, not sure with kuu_kuu)but were simply delivering information to those who may have been wondering what BS1980 was talking about. Members of neither AKA nor DST jumped in to argue about who was the largest, nor who was the first. Members of the organizations KNOW that information, therefore there is no need for discussion.

Soror MamaBuddha, Soror mccoyred and
AKA2D '91 thank you for representing our and your organization with dignity and respect the way real ladies would. Our respective Founders would be proud.

I will however, digress...

For the unregistered losers (oops, I mean USERS) please refrain from speaking on that which you have no clue.

I am sorry, I had to do it...forgive me.

PEACE ALL.

Old 10-27-2000, 06:33 PM
knowledge234

Although I am not a member of any sorority, I do know the basic facts. Yes, Delta Sigma Theta is the largest sorority of the BGLOs and no most of their lines are NOT 100+ And if ignorant people really want to learn about the history of the year 1913, they would pick up a book and then would know that the 22 founders of DST were not ungrateful or disrespectful, they just wanted a more politically-active sorority rather than a more socially-inclined sorority. And remember, a beautiful paper always starts out with a rough draft.
Old 10-28-2000, 08:19 AM
Give me a break!

Please delete the post. i apologize to everyone involved.
Old 10-28-2000, 10:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

To Knowledge:

When writing THAT PAPER, and going through ALL of those ROUGH drafts... didn't you end up finding that the ORIGINAL was what you ALWAYS wanted?

Didn't it become a BEAUTIFUL piece of work?

Old 10-28-2000, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

IF it wasn't for the PROTOTYPE, then the REST would NOT be a reality! BUGS and ALL!

OH... NOT REGISTERED...WON'T BE RESPONDING ANYMORE!

MUCH RESPECT TO MY REGISTERED SISTERS AND BROTHERS IN GREEKDOM!
Old 10-28-2000, 03:03 PM
Svengali

Wink

Who won't be responding?
Old 10-28-2000, 03:04 PM
Svengali

Whoo won't be responding?
Old 10-28-2000, 05:37 PM
knowledge234

Sorry AKA2d, but the original obviously wasn't what was wanted or else there would be no need for improvement. According to the facts of 1913, AKA was unincorporated, was not a legal entity, had no way of establishing a relationship between the graduates and undergraduates, seemed more of a derivation of Alpha Phi Alpha (Alpha Kappa Alpha) than something unique, and was more concerned with being a social club. There is NOTHING WRONG with that. If that is what AKA wanted to be, that is fine. But the fact remains that the 22 founders of DST wanted something MORE, they wanted to be involved in the political issues of the day, so then how could they really have wanted to be AKAs?!? Given the fact that they had the choice to still remain AKAs or dive out into the unknown in search of something more, and that they chose to dive out, obviously means they DID NOT WANT THE ORIGINAL!!
Old 10-28-2000, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

This is stupid.

OK, so Delta had its founding through AKA. There was a need for it as far as their founders were concerned. HOWEVER, if AKA served NO purpose she would not be here today.

If you are neither, mind your business.

None of us know the exact details, we only know what our BIASED sides have passed down to us.

If you are a Delta, you have nothing to be insecure about so ignore the ignorance.
If you are an AKA you have nothing to be ashamed of so ignore the ignorance. People will always criticize that which they know nothing about.

My thing is, if you are proud of which organization you belong to, you don't have to put down others to make yours look good.

Why is Delta better because you accept 100 out of 300?
Why is AKA better because we may have smaller lines.

The point is, we are where we are today because OUR RESPECTIVE FOUNDERS took the time to improve the status of our orgs and the community. OK maybe Delta wanted to be more service oriented. Maybe AKA WAS more social, but we both have powerful orgs.

I think that AKA is great because that was my interest. Not to detract from Delta.

Some of you out there need to get it together.

Let me give some of you a little history lesson.
(I have read both history books)
As an AKA I am not ashamed of the fact that my organization was initially founded as a more social organization (although we also did service community). But do you know why?
Delta Sigma Theta did not originate women's suffrage, their founders wanted to JOIN the movement and that was very commendable. In other words, AKA, Delta, Zeta,And SGRHo were founded at different times to serve a purpose that was necessary at THE time it was founded.
When AKA was founded, there was no need to worry about womens sufferage. The founders suffered enough as the only women in the college at the time. They needed to bond as women blazing a path for others. What is so horrible about that? Both organizations leave things to be desired to differnet people. That is why people chose one or the other or neither.

So maybe we owe each other something. The Deltas would have never been if their founders has not chosen to change their affilation, for that they can be grateful.
And the AKAs can be grateful to the Deltas founders for helping us realize just how significant we are so much so that they inspired our incorporators to get on the ball.

People need to read BOTH histories before they go calling judgement in either direction.

Everyone needs to be proud of what you are and leave others alone.

Much love to ALL of the Divine Nine.

------------------
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
L.R.O.G.
#1 Fall 97
Omicron Pi

[This message has been edited by lluvmook98 (edited October 28, 2000).]
Old 10-28-2000, 07:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by knowledge234:
Sorry AKA2d, but the original obviously wasn't what was wanted or else there would be no need for improvement. According to the facts of 1913, AKA was unincorporated, was not a legal entity, had no way of establishing a relationship between the graduates and undergraduates, seemed more of a derivation of Alpha Phi Alpha (Alpha Kappa Alpha) than something unique, and was more concerned with being a social club.
Alrighty now, sounds like someone has read In Search of Sisterhood....

I'm going to keep it real for a minute. There are about 44 women who really and truly know what happened. Alas, they are not walking this earth with us, may God rest their souls. My question is, why is this up for debate on this forum? AKA has her agenda and Delta has hers. If someone with no interest in either sorority took a look at each sorority's accomplishments, it is clear each organization has made TREMENDOUS strides on all fronts and both continue to do so. Each sorority is WONDERFUL and ILLUSTRIOUS. The only place where one sorority is "better" than the other is in the hearts and minds of the respective members. I suggest we leave this debate where it started: as FRIENDLY competition between AKAs and Deltas. We don't need assistance from 3rd parties. We can tease each other very well on our own, thank you.

------------------
Kelli
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
12-Delta Nu-94
MAL, Southern Region
Savannah State University c/o 1997