GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 297,088
Threads: 114,114
Posts: 2,150,321
Welcome to our newest member, tfgjhkjhk
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8941  
Old 03-13-2013, 10:23 PM
PrettyBoy PrettyBoy is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Knowing that, I think it would be fair to say that we wouldn't be compatible with each other.
LOL if someone would have asked me the same question let's say like, 6 years ago or more, my reply would have been the same or similar to yours. Be careful when you say that. Just because she doesn't believe in premarital sex, and you do, doesn't necessarily mean the two of you wouldn't be "compatible".

Don't pass up a good thing when you see it, because you'll find upon meeting (and getting to know) the right woman that your entire mindset on a lot of things (including sex) will change. I've learned that some of the best gifts come in the most interesting packages.
__________________
1911
Krème de la Kreme
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
The most hated organization within the Divine 9
We know it and you know it too

Last edited by PrettyBoy; 03-13-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8942  
Old 03-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Munchkin03 Munchkin03 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Home.
Posts: 8,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizeree I2K View Post
Question: We've had some discussions on here about sex. Let's say you met a female who was cool as hell, looked good to you, and was pretty much what you've been looking for in a relationship. The only thing was she said she wasn't trying to give it up to you -- she didn't believe in premarital sex. Knowing this, would you still continue to kick it with her, or would you dip?
I'm not sure if you directed this specifically to Phrozen Sands, but I'll answer from my perspective. The only people I've ever come across who are saving themselves for marriage are extremely devout Christians. I am not Christian. Therefore, they'd probably be incompatible with me for that reason alone. If, for some statistically unlikely reason, I meet a non-Christian who is saving himself (because, lets face it, it's almost always women who make these public announcements as adults), he'd probably be incompatible with me for reasons beyond that (i.e., sex is very important to me and its part of chemistry).

So, Munchkin would dip. But, again, it's unlikely that such a man would even be compatible with me once we got past niceties.
__________________
"The only thing that sustains one through life is the consciousness of the immense inferiority of everybody else, and this is a feeling that I have always cultivated." --Oscar Wilde
Reply With Quote
  #8943  
Old 03-14-2013, 03:37 AM
StealthMode StealthMode is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: in the Cali sun!
Posts: 1,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
LOL if someone would have asked me the same question let's say like, 6 years ago or more, my reply would have been the same or similar to yours.
LOL I remember you giving me that answer--and I'm sure that post is less than 6 years old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
The only people I've ever come across who are saving themselves for marriage are extremely devout Christians.
You know, I've come across a few non-Christians who have made that choice. It's more common than people think (just like devout Christians who absolutely don't want to wait is also common). I remember the first time I posted I had made the decision to wait before I became a Christian. A user (I think valkyrie) couldn't even wrap her head around it--her response sounded so confused.

ETA: Two of my non-Christian friends are living together and have been together for just over 3 years--still waiting for marriage. I don't understand how they (don't) do it. At all. They sleep together and even shower together but still hold out. I'm not sure what confuses me more--why they would be naked around each other when they are trying not to have sex or how they refrain from having sex when they're constantly naked around each other.
__________________
"You're adorable. " ~ DrPhil

All of my love, my peace, and happiness...I'm gonna give it to DELTA.

Last edited by StealthMode; 03-14-2013 at 03:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8944  
Old 03-14-2013, 10:56 AM
Mizeree I2K Mizeree I2K is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
LOL if someone would have asked me the same question let's say like, 6 years ago or more, my reply would have been the same or similar to yours. Be careful when you say that. Just because she doesn't believe in premarital sex, and you do, doesn't necessarily mean the two of you wouldn't be "compatible".

Don't pass up a good thing when you see it, because you'll find upon meeting (and getting to know) the right woman that your entire mindset on a lot of things (including sex) will change. I've learned that some of the best gifts come in the most interesting packages.
But this is like forcing the compatibilty. The first time a female told me that she was a Christian and meant it by not giving it up, I bounced. I didn't even waste her time or mine. I'm just trippin, because you said y'all road trip a lot and spend a lot of time at Niagara Falls, assuming y'all sleep in the same bed. That in itself doesn't make sense. If you sleep with your girl and you're not fuckn her, what are y'all doing? -- staring at the ceiling, and speaking in tongues? LOL! I'm fuckn with you about the tongues part, but for real question to the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
I'm not sure if you directed this specifically to Phrozen Sands, but I'll answer from my perspective. The only people I've ever come across who are saving themselves for marriage are extremely devout Christians. I am not Christian. Therefore, they'd probably be incompatible with me for that reason alone. If, for some statistically unlikely reason, I meet a non-Christian who is saving himself (because, lets face it, it's almost always women who make these public announcements as adults), he'd probably be incompatible with me for reasons beyond that
So, Munchkin would dip. But, again, it's unlikely that such a man would even be compatible with me once we got past niceties.
CTFU!!!! I feel you. But like you said, I don't know a dude who's saving himself for marriage, although there are some. I think that's more of a female thing. Me and my girl have been going through our premarital counseling with her pastor, and she tried holding out on me about a week ago, because of what he was pulling out the Bible, which I would have been cool with knowing that we're getting married in May. But I asked her how much sense does that make when we've been fuckn since we've been together, and then right after we left our first counseling session with the pastor LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
(i.e., sex is very important to me and its part of chemistry).
Me too, and I feel you LOL!
http://youtu.be/5cSbB_0MeZo

Last edited by Mizeree I2K; 03-14-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8945  
Old 03-14-2013, 01:39 PM
cheerfulgreek cheerfulgreek is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 13,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizeree I2K View Post
You actually make me believe in reincarnation. No one can be this stupid in one lifetime. Are you always this dumb and perverted or are you just making a special effort today?
__________________
Phi Sigma Society
"Understanding is the fountain of life to those who have it" -Proverbs 16:22
"You couldn't make a more incorrect statement if you spent a week trying" -TonyB06
Reply With Quote
  #8946  
Old 03-14-2013, 06:17 PM
Mizeree I2K Mizeree I2K is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
You actually make me believe in reincarnation. No one can be this stupid in one lifetime. Are you always this dumb and perverted or are you just making a special effort today?
http://youtu.be/3uJCKcEmqvE
Reply With Quote
  #8947  
Old 03-14-2013, 06:31 PM
XAntoftheSkyX XAntoftheSkyX is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bay State, Oh Bay State...
Posts: 1,682
I've completely forgotten how to do the whole 'asking someone out' thing.

__________________
ΔX - Founding Father, Massachusetts Chapter
Reply With Quote
  #8948  
Old 03-14-2013, 06:53 PM
Phrozen Sands Phrozen Sands is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthMode View Post
ETA: Two of my non-Christian friends are living together and have been together for just over 3 years--still waiting for marriage. I don't understand how they (don't) do it. At all. They sleep together and even shower together but still hold out. I'm not sure what confuses me more--why they would be naked around each other when they are trying not to have sex or how they refrain from having sex when they're constantly naked around each other.
Nothing against people who prefer to save themselves for marriage. I can respect that. But, I can't get past what you posted here about your friends. I think what a lot of Christians do is they try to follow what the Bible says by not having sex, but at the same time, they do other things that are totally against what the Bible teaches. If they're living together, sleeping in the same bed, have seen each other naked, and shower together, then why not just have sex. They're already doing everything that the Bible teaches against.

I remember when I was at Vanderbilt, my ex was one of those Christians who was trying to save herself for marriage. Funny thing is she would do everything else under the sun. I guess what I'm saying, if they're going to save themselves for marriage, then why not follow the other rules the Bible teaches?
__________________
"First of all; Servants of all; We shall transcend all"
"Whether you are referencing skid marks from tires on a car, or "skid marks" from someone's unwiped, dirty ass, the root is the same." - CG

Last edited by Phrozen Sands; 03-14-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8949  
Old 03-14-2013, 08:34 PM
PrettyBoy PrettyBoy is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthMode View Post
LOL I remember you giving me that answer--and I'm sure that post is less than 6 years old.
I knew it was around the end of 2007ish/08ish, that I changed. So, I think you're right, it may have been a little less than 6-years ago.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizeree I2K View Post
But this is like forcing the compatibilty.
Oh okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizeree I2K View Post
The first time a female told me that she was a Christian and meant it by not giving it up, I bounced. I didn't even waste her time or mine.
I agree here. If I was still single, the first time a woman told me she wasn't a "Christian, and meant it", I'd tell the waiter/waitress to bring the bill, and a doggie/to go bag -"let me get your coat..." -cut that mess off right then and there. But I would know that before I wasted my time and money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizeree I2K View Post
I'm just trippin, because you said y'all road trip a lot and spend a lot of time at Niagara Falls, assuming y'all sleep in the same bed. That in itself doesn't make sense. If you sleep with your girl and you're not fuckn her, what are y'all doing?
Depends on the mood. Sometimes we sit back and laugh at your dumb azz posts. Keep up the good work LOL!

__________________
1911
Krème de la Kreme
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
The most hated organization within the Divine 9
We know it and you know it too
Reply With Quote
  #8950  
Old 03-14-2013, 11:33 PM
StealthMode StealthMode is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: in the Cali sun!
Posts: 1,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
I think what a lot of Christians do is they try to follow what the Bible says by not having sex, but at the same time, they do other things that are totally against what the Bible teaches. If they're living together, sleeping in the same bed, have seen each other naked, and shower together, then why not just have sex. They're already doing everything that the Bible teaches against.
While I don't disagree, you did read the first sentence where I said neither of them are Christian, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
I agree here. If I was still single, the first time a woman told me she wasn't a "Christian, and meant it", I'd tell the waiter/waitress to bring the bill, and a doggie/to go bag -"let me get your coat..." -cut that mess off right then and there. But I would know that before I wasted my time and money.
That sounds like a song. Oh wait: http://youtu.be/1KAzX3i5aeU
__________________
"You're adorable. " ~ DrPhil

All of my love, my peace, and happiness...I'm gonna give it to DELTA.
Reply With Quote
  #8951  
Old 03-15-2013, 03:01 AM
cheerfulgreek cheerfulgreek is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 13,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
I think what a lot of Christians do is they try to follow what the Bible says by not having sex, but at the same time, they do other things that are totally against what the Bible teaches.
While I agree with this part of your post, you also need to understand that some people have other reasons for not having premarital sex that are not just spiritually based.

I look forward to sex just like the next woman. It's just that I think it is misused as much as it is enjoyed. I just don't think physical intimacy (sex) should be introduced prematurely. I believe it is appropriate only after a permanent link has been established. I just believe that premarital sex for a lot of couples creates a less-than-stable platform for the rest of the realtionship to function on. I've been there one time before, and I'm not going there again.

With that said, for me, my first non-negotiable is that he is a believer who has a committed relationship with Christ. Faithful, honest, loving and having a sense of vision is another non-negotiable at the top of my list.

I know as a woman, that selfish, sex crazed men will get rid of themselves when they can't get sex from a woman they are interested in. Anyone can maintain a facade for a certain length of time, but patience is a revealer. If you (in general) wait, patterns of consistency and inconsistency will eventually surface. If a man is truly mine, he will be there when the time is right with or without premarital sex.

When you (in general) "fall in love", patience is not one of the things you feel. That's because "falling in love" and love are two different issues. "Falling in love" is about how I feel. Love is what I do for others. When it is love, waiting won't seem long or unreasonable.
__________________
Phi Sigma Society
"Understanding is the fountain of life to those who have it" -Proverbs 16:22
"You couldn't make a more incorrect statement if you spent a week trying" -TonyB06

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 03-15-2013 at 05:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8952  
Old 03-15-2013, 06:23 AM
AGDee AGDee is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,764
Some people are smart enough to wait until they're willing for their partner to be the parent of their child. Abstinence is the only 100% effective method of birth control. Every other method has resulted in children. I'm lucky my "one in a million" happened with the man I was marrying. Aside from any moral or religious reasons, being prepared to deal with the possible consequences is a very good reason to postpone intercourse.
__________________
AGD
Live with Purpose!
Reply With Quote
  #8953  
Old 03-15-2013, 03:45 PM
StealthMode StealthMode is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: in the Cali sun!
Posts: 1,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Abstinence is the only 100% effective method of birth control. Every other method has resulted in children.
This is the reason of the couple I mentioned in the previous post. There be some moral reasons they are both struggling with but bottom line (even though they do want to get married), she is terrified of getting pregnant before they are financially stable and ready for children.
__________________
"You're adorable. " ~ DrPhil

All of my love, my peace, and happiness...I'm gonna give it to DELTA.
Reply With Quote
  #8954  
Old 03-15-2013, 11:14 PM
PrettyBoy PrettyBoy is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
I remember when I was at Vanderbilt, my ex was one of those Christians who was trying to save herself for marriage. Funny thing is she would do everything else under the sun. I guess what I'm saying, if they're going to save themselves for marriage, then why not follow the other rules the Bible teaches?
You went to Vanderbilt? Nashville, right? My brother and his wife graduated from Meharry. You know about Meharry, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthMode View Post
That sounds like a song. Oh wait: http://youtu.be/1KAzX3i5aeU
LOL loved it!
__________________
1911
Krème de la Kreme
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
The most hated organization within the Divine 9
We know it and you know it too
Reply With Quote
  #8955  
Old 03-16-2013, 02:57 AM
StealthMode StealthMode is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: in the Cali sun!
Posts: 1,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
LOL loved it!
So did I. Got quite a few years of username off that joint. My favorite part is when the applause is hella delayed because the whole crowd says "Ooooohhh daaaaaang!"
__________________
"You're adorable. " ~ DrPhil

All of my love, my peace, and happiness...I'm gonna give it to DELTA.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
D&D Random PhiPsiRuss Dating & Relationships 39 11-18-2005 12:25 PM
Phi Mu Random PM_Mama00 Phi Mu 39 07-05-2005 02:09 PM
Random AOX81 Recruitment 2 10-09-2002 03:27 PM
Random AOX81 Locals 2 10-09-2002 03:26 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.