GreekChat.com Forums

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 185,424
Threads: 108,648
Posts: 2,106,590
Welcome to our newest member, ihkwqroz
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 02-26-2005, 11:21 PM
ms_gwyn ms_gwyn is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Stuck in the 80s
Posts: 1,865
Re: I have fallen in love with this gown!

Quote:
Originally posted by LeslieAGD
It's a little too grand, and too expensive...but I can dream!
Leslie......

NOTHING is ever to grand for a girl's wedding dress

Simply Gorgeous

The only thing that I can think of that this dress maybe not fitting is an informal day wedding.

We can tailor ANY setting to our dress, that is a given right
Reply With Quote

Please contribute to help with the costs of running GreekChat.

Donations can be made via PayPal or Fundly.

Everyone who chips in towards this GreekChat fundraiser will have a GC premium membership added to their account (or extended, for those who already have GC premium memberships). [discuss]

  #62  
Old 02-28-2005, 02:37 PM
Peaches-n-Cream Peaches-n-Cream is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,830
Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
I didn't go dress shopping this weekend. Maybe next weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-11-2005, 02:12 AM
BetteDavisEyes BetteDavisEyes is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: USS Insanity
Posts: 4,975
This is the picture of my dress from the Davids Bridal website. I bought it a few weeks ago & will receive it in May.

My Wedding Dress
__________________
By the time a woman realizes her mother was right, she has a daughter who thinks she is wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-15-2005, 12:24 PM
AznSAE AznSAE is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 1,526
Send a message via AIM to AznSAE
is it gucci or is it hoochie?

go to http://www.kiddlive.com/ShowPics/showpics.html and click on the photo on the left side, about the 4th one down. would you ladies where that?
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-15-2005, 01:09 PM
LeslieAGD LeslieAGD is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,867
Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
AznSAE, who let her leave the house in that train wreck?!?
__________________
AGD
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-15-2005, 02:44 PM
Honeykiss1974 Honeykiss1974 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: ?
Posts: 5,888
Quote:
Originally posted by BetteDavisEyes
This is the picture of my dress from the Davids Bridal website. I bought it a few weeks ago & will receive it in May.

My Wedding Dress
That is SOOO pretty! As yall can tell, I love dresses that wrap/nip at the waist.

I love the front "slit" too.
__________________
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone."
- Bill Cosby
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-15-2005, 02:56 PM
sageofages sageofages is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,935
Send a message via AIM to sageofages
Re: my dress

Quote:
Originally posted by bcdphie

This what the guys are wearing:


some model - not my fiance...
Curious minds want to know....will it be a completely *traditional* wearing of the kilt??
__________________
"Pam" Bäckström, DY '81, WSU, Dayton, OH - Bloomington, IN
Phi Mu - Love.Honor.Truth - 1852 - Imagine.Believe.Achieve - 2013 - 161Years of Wonderful -
Proud to be a member of the Macon Magnolias - Phi Mu + Alpha Delta Pi
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-15-2005, 03:07 PM
honeychile honeychile is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Counting my blessings.
Posts: 24,208
Re: Re: my dress

Quote:
Originally posted by sageofages
Curious minds want to know....will it be a completely *traditional* wearing of the kilt??
I would hope so!!
__________________
~*~ honeychile - ~ *~"ADPi until I die!"~*~
Proud to be a Macon Magnolia
I am Strong. I am Invincible. I am Blessed!
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 03-15-2005, 03:17 PM
bcdphie bcdphie is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The 2010 Winter Olympics
Posts: 1,067
Re: Re: my dress

Quote:
Originally posted by sageofages
Curious minds want to know....will it be a completely *traditional* wearing of the kilt??
They should be - but because they are rented I think there is some policy about not going commando. But I am sure most of the guys will wear it the traditional way anways, including my future husband.

One of our guests, though, likes to check and make sure the guys are wearing their kilts "properly". She's lifted a few at past Robbie Burns dinners (after a few drinks of course).
__________________
DFE
Delta Phi Epsilon
Justice*Sisterhood*Love
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 03-15-2005, 03:19 PM
texas*princess texas*princess is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: ooooooh snap!
Posts: 11,172
Quote:
Originally posted by AznSAE
is it gucci or is it hoochie?

go to http://www.kiddlive.com/ShowPics/showpics.html and click on the photo on the left side, about the 4th one down. would you ladies where that?
yikes... that is one of the scariest dresses I've ever seen! This bride was probably an attention-whore :P
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 03-15-2005, 03:24 PM
Munchkin03 Munchkin03 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Home.
Posts: 7,985
Re: Re: Re: my dress

Quote:
Originally posted by bcdphie
They should be - but because they are rented I think there is some policy about not going commando. But I am sure most of the guys will wear it the traditional way anways, including my future husband.

One of our guests, though, likes to check and make sure the guys are wearing their kilts "properly". She's lifted a few at past Robbie Burns dinners (after a few drinks of course).
How are you going about getting your tartans? The Mr. wants his own kilt for an event; his last name is unusual, so it will be necessary to buy one from Scotland.

Is your FH's last name common enough that they'll be able to rent kilts (and not just the jacket and accoutrements), or are you buying them?
__________________
"The only thing that sustains one through life is the consciousness of the immense inferiority of everybody else, and this is a feeling that I have always cultivated." --Oscar Wilde
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 03-15-2005, 03:42 PM
Peaches-n-Cream Peaches-n-Cream is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,830
Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Re: Re: Re: Re: my dress

Quote:
Originally posted by Munchkin03
How are you going about getting your tartans? The Mr. wants his own kilt for an event; his last name is unusual, so it will be necessary to buy one from Scotland.

Is your FH's last name common enough that they'll be able to rent kilts (and not just the jacket and accoutrements), or are you buying them?
In case my sister doesn't get a chance to answer, I think that you can try https://www.scotyard.com/tartanfinder/. I hope it helps you.

They have Irish tartans by county also.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 03-15-2005, 03:57 PM
Munchkin03 Munchkin03 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Home.
Posts: 7,985
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: my dress

Quote:
Originally posted by Peaches-n-Cream
In case my sister doesn't get a chance to answer, I think that you can try https://www.scotyard.com/tartanfinder/. I hope it helps you.

They have Irish tartans by county also.
We looked at all those, thanks. The tartan isn't hard to find--it's finding a loom in North America willing to make it that's the problem! The least expensive kilt is still about $400, and if we find an American maker, it should cut the price down considerably.
__________________
"The only thing that sustains one through life is the consciousness of the immense inferiority of everybody else, and this is a feeling that I have always cultivated." --Oscar Wilde
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 03-15-2005, 04:11 PM
bcdphie bcdphie is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The 2010 Winter Olympics
Posts: 1,067
We looked all over Vancouver for specific tartans for the wedding party and family members.

My family McKinnon, wasn't available even though it is quite popular. My fiance's last name is Blackstock, but their tartan is not commercially available.
I believe the wedding party will all be wearing either Royal Stewart or Hunting Stewart, along with my fiance's dad. My dad and his brother are going to wear the Blackwatch, as we had family members in the Blackwatch.

We looked into purchasing a kilt for my fiance, but they run about $2000; whereas renting kilts is actually cheaper then renting tuxes.

A good place for kilt rentals are costume stores if you end up going that route. If you want to purchase one, if you have local Scottish stores they can work everything out for you and import it from Scotland.
__________________
DFE
Delta Phi Epsilon
Justice*Sisterhood*Love
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 03-15-2005, 04:29 PM
Peaches-n-Cream Peaches-n-Cream is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,830
Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: my dress

Quote:
Originally posted by Munchkin03
We looked at all those, thanks. The tartan isn't hard to find--it's finding a loom in North America willing to make it that's the problem! The least expensive kilt is still about $400, and if we find an American maker, it should cut the price down considerably.
Oh, I thought it was a problem finding the right tartan. I plan to attend a formal on St. Patrick's Day. If you would like, I can ask the men where they purchased their kilts and pass the information along to you.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.