GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 297,119
Threads: 114,117
Welcome to our newest member, cynthiakams

Old 07-25-2004, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

When I worked, the only thing with my letters that I wore was my lavalier. I have a pullover jacket that I would take with me when it rained out. I never wore t-shirts with my letters to work, not even on Casual Friday.

I think wearing a lavalier, necklace, pin, bracelet or earring with your letters and/or symbols to work is fine regardless of whether the place of employment is casual or formal

The Trolls have taken over the Asylum!
Old 07-26-2004, 08:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LawyerGal1908
I agree w/ what everyone else has said thus far heck I'm an Atty and I wear my ivy leaf AKA charm almost everyday!
Old 07-26-2004, 10:08 AM
GreekChat Member

I wear by Beta Sigma Phi charm bracelet a lot! I am a teacher, so it jingles around when I write on the board. That way, I am always reminded of the support of my sisters.

Erica

Alpha Phi Omega
Old 07-26-2004, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to JupiterTC
It can actually inspire others when you wear your letters. David, my fiance (who is not Greek), has a friend who is an Alpha Phi Alpha at work. His friend has a lanyard, and told David that he is an Alpha for life. David thought that was the coolest thing, even though he never joined a GLO in college.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Somewhere between Good Morning America and Jerry Springer.
I wear my Beta Sigma Phi bracelet often, too. I'm very proud of it. No charms on it yet, but I'll probably have at least one tomorrow night when I have my pledge ritual.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Up at school when I'm working in Enrollment I'm supposed to represent just Butler so I try not to wear anything unless it's Butler Greeks. Here for the summer I regularly wear my arrow bracelet and I occasionally wear my silver lavalier. Since I'm going to be disaffiliated in the fall for Panhellenic Exec I'm trying to not wear anything showing my affiliation. It's a challenge!
Old 07-26-2004, 02:03 PM

Location: Hoping the freaking BATSH*T psychos would disappear
Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
I lost my bracelet I have to get another one...

Quote:
Originally posted by ragtimerose
I wear my Beta Sigma Phi bracelet often, too. I'm very proud of it. No charms on it yet, but I'll probably have at least one tomorrow night when I have my pledge ritual.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I work in an office around campus and I have to dress "business casual" (which still makes no sense to me) and I alway wear my Sigma Kappa braclet. As long as I'm not wearing a letter T-shirt my boss doesn't care because I'm supposed to represent all of UT not just my little corner. Most employers don't care as long as it is tasteful.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jill1228
I wear my lavalier and a lanyard that has my timecard on it. I need the time card not only to punch the time clock, but to enter and exit the building

My lanyard looks like this:

The lanyard was the first thing I bought when I got the bid

ETA: Wearing my card around my neck saves a lot of time rummaging thru pockets and stuff to get my time card, especially when you are ready to GTFO at quitting time!

GTFO=Get the F Out!

That's the coolest thing. When I worked at the call center, I should have thought about getting a lanyard for my badge. I wore my lavlier at work all the time. Nobody knew I was greek unless I told them so it was never a problem.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 1heart1way
Thanks...I don't know why I felt weird about the subject. haha...I'm going to wear my lavalier tomorrow!

I wear mine EVERY DAY! whether i'm at work or at the beach. It's really nice and it's just like wearing any piece of jewelry. I've never had any complaints or concerns with it at all. I feel naked with out it!
Old 07-27-2004, 03:16 AM
GreekChat Member

I wear the 'unofficial' fraternity ring. Its kinda become a tradition in this part of the US for Lambda Chis to get this ring from James Avery and wear it because it has part of our creed on it. Its the 'faith, hope and love' ring.

Old 07-27-2004, 02:19 PM

I don't wear anything related to my sorority at work. It's a business-casual environment, so lettered shirts/sweatshirts would be inappropriate. It would be looked on as a little "odd" if I wore my pin (plus I'd be afraid of losing it if I wore it every day), and I don't own a lavalier.

I know at least a few of my coworkers are greeks, but I have never seen anyone representing at all - with one exception: there is a car I often see in the lot where I park, that has an AKA license plate frame.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MsCongeniality3 Send a message via Yahoo to MsCongeniality3
Where I work most are college students (at night). I work in a pharmacy. However, the pharmacist is an ATO brother from the mid 50s. Then again, he doesn't care if I wear a rush shirt under my smock because he can't see it. I wore one of my intern shirts under my smock the other day- a campaign I have been working on.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
I almost always wear my lavalier to work (except now, I'm wearing my maple leaf)

I wore my badge on badge day and chapter appreciation day and I recieved postive comments from my manager about it.

I see nothing wrong with wearing anything greek related as long as it's appropriate. if people have a problem with it, then too bad for them.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

lavalier

im at work right now and im wearing my lavalier... (i work at a law firm for the summer)... on the days where i have to get dressed up for court (blazer and slacks etc) i was considering wearing my pin, but ended up deciding against it. i also have a silver/crystal bracelet w/ letters and an arrow charm that i wear sometimes too... i feel that lettered tee's would be too casual for my job though