GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 296,802
Threads: 114,103
Welcome to our newest member, DrIris

Old 05-06-2005, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

What ever ended up happening with the SDT chapter at Bama? How many girls did they take?
Old 05-06-2005, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wine&SilverBlue
ughh.. khaki shorts REQUIRED??? I don't own (or particularly like) khaki shorts! (it's not like I'm rushing at Bama, but I'd be pissed off if I had to go out and buy khaki shorts..booo)
I wouldn't see why you couldn't wear black chino shorts or something along those lines. I don't think they are advocating the pleated soccer mom shorts.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

PLEATED shorts? You are kidding me!!

I've told my daughter and several other PNMs that a good compromise on Philanthropy Day would be capris. Not much dressier than shorts but more flattering on almost everybody!
Old 05-06-2005, 02:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to Angels&Arrows
Quote:
Originally posted by KLPDaisy
What ever ended up happening with the SDT chapter at Bama? How many girls did they take?
'bama's greek life stats can be found at this link: Grades.

However, these are the numbers at the end of the semester, it does not included how many were offered bids. If you are interested in that information, it can be found at this link: UA Sorority Pledges Announced
Old 05-06-2005, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Either almost in Mississippi or almost in Georgia, or traveling in between
Send a message via AIM to bekibug
Quote:
ughh.. khaki shorts REQUIRED??? I don't own (or particularly like) khaki shorts! (it's not like I'm rushing at Bama, but I'd be pissed off if I had to go out and buy khaki shorts..booo)
I'm pretty sure they'll take any kind of shorts (denim, black, etc.) or capris. Jeans would probably be ok too.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Me too -- first of all, shorts are gross and second of all, I would be pissed off if they were telling me what to wear in such great detail. Is someone going to get cut first round because her "fun summer top" wasn't FUN enough? LOL.

Open Houses: The first day of Recruitment. Capri’s or summer pants paired with a fun summer top. It is strongly suggested for the PNM’s not to wear skirts or dresses…this is a new rule as of this year!

First of all, it's capris not capri's and PNMs not PNM's. Second of all, is it STRONGLY SUGGESTED or is it a RULE?

Preference Night: The most important party of recruitment. You will need to wear a dress. Preferably NOT black. A “Sunday” dress will do. The girls want to see your personality.

Uh, can they not see your personality if you're wearing a black dress?
Old 05-06-2005, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
Me too -- first of all, shorts are gross
Shorts are gross?

I think the personality comment is them saying "don't wear a black dress just because it is "proper" dress, wear a color you really like." That's easier said than done though...I tried like hell to get a non-black cute dress to wear to our office party that was flattering and I ended up with a print on, you guessed it, black.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I never wear shorts, except when exercising. I'd be really ticked if I HAD to wear shorts to rush.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I have a couple of friends who went through recruitment at Bama last fall and they said that SDT did not participate in formal recruitment but had several COB events following rush. I do not know how they did, but that is the reason that SDT is not listed on the site posted above.

Also, for those who were inquiring, my roommate is an SDT at UGA. They did NOT lose their house and I think that they took about 45 girls in the fall. Though I am aware that SDT as a whole is not completely Jewish, the UGA chapter is, but it seems to work well for them. A lot of girls go through rush only to join SDT. So no worries, SDT at UGA is still doing great.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 33girl
Shorts are gross?
LOL, I think they are, unless you're at the gym. There are like 25 people who look really good in them.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:11 PM

and the alternative's what, miniskirts? I don't wear capris at all.

They can wear a skort to philanthropy day I'm sure...the point is to not have your crotch showing when you sit on the floor.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 33girl
and the alternative's what, miniskirts? I don't wear capris at all.

They can wear a skort to philanthropy day I'm sure...the point is to not have your crotch showing when you sit on the floor.
People don't still wear skorts, do they?

I guess my point is I think it's pretty ridiculous to tell rushees that they have to wear shorts, especially when there are at least a few people out there who hate shorts. I'd rather wear capris or even a knee length skirt (even if I was sitting on the floor -- I think it can be done without flashing the world) than shorts. The way they're saying WEAR KHAKI SHORTS makes me think this isn't Bama -- it's Nazi Germany!!!
Old 05-06-2005, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie

First of all, it's capris not capri's and PNMs not PNM's. Second of all, is it STRONGLY SUGGESTED or is it a RULE?
Usually in large, Southern recruitments like Bama, strongly suggested might as well say rule.

Lakers Nation.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JocelynC
Usually in large, Southern recruitments like Bama, strongly suggested might as well say rule.
Good point. This would weed out the northern girls who didn't realize that and show up wearing the wrong thing.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

I've always felt like the reason that many Southern schools put out a booklet with pictures and suggestions of what to wear is because they want all the PNMs to feel prepared and not be embarrassed by feeling underdressed. If you didn't have the booklet, you might have several girls, maybe from small country towns, perhaps showing up at parties in casual sundresses on Pref Day or (name other situation that would embarrass the PNM). No one wants PNMs to be humiliated....I think the booklets are for the benefit of the PNMs, not to come off like Nazis.