GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 299,897
Threads: 114,206
Welcome to our newest member, cristvalen

Old 10-18-2004, 12:57 AM
GreekChat Member

My sorority has definately had our share of psycho stalkers!!
The year I went through 2 girls fell in love with my soroity and ended up getting tattoos while we were still going through rush! They showed my now sisters and it really freaked them out. They ended up going a different sorority!!!

Another girl on my campus who was in a diffferent sorority liked us more than her own sorority. Since the day she pledged she has bragged about how she loves my sorority better than hers. She even rushed girls for us!! Her sorority ended up asking her to quit.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by B_R_E_A_N_N_A

Another girl on my campus who was in a diffferent sorority liked us more than her own sorority. Since the day she pledged she has bragged about how she loves my sorority better than hers. She even rushed girls for us!! Her sorority ended up asking her to quit.
Wow, that's crazy.

Lakers Nation.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BlondeGurl
Were the tattoos specific to your org? I wonder what the sorority they ended up joining thought f that.
Old 10-18-2004, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry!! I didn't specify the tattoos! Yes they were of our symbols!!!
Old 10-19-2004, 10:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow. I can't believe they found time and energy to do anything in the evenings after those recruitment parties!

I can't imagine ever getting a tattoo, so to be so cavalier as to get ones during recruitment with symbols of sororities in the hopes you'll get a bid.... wow! Not terribly well thought-out.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:49 AM

Maybe they could fix it to say Wino Forever.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
LOL at 33, but I think it could depend on the girl and chapter. Say I am Irish, and I get a shamrock...doesn't mean I want to go KD. I happen to know a ton of people with turtles, dolphins, moons, etc. However, you get a fleur-de-les or something, that is weird.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Unless you got the tatoo specifically when you were rushing, I don't think a fleur-de-lis tattoo would be that weird. I know that some people just like them and think that they're pretty. There's a little store in Jackson Heights, Queens that's one of those pricey card/candle/gift stores and the woman has fleur-de-lis EVERYWHERE. There's even a fleur-de-lis on the store's business card. I asked the owner of the store if she's a Kappa one time when I was in there and she just looked at me like I had 5 heads and asked me what Kappa is. Turns out she didn't go to college so she's not a Kappa, she just likes them a lot.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltaBetaBaby
However, you get a fleur-de-les or something, that is weird.
I am of French decent so the fleur-de-lis is important to me also - I have a lot of them in my home although I am obviously not a Kappa.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Sorry, no offense intended. I just learned something new. I was just trying to think of an example that was pretty unique to a sorority.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chioprincess
stalker

So one year we had this girl come through recruitment. She wasn't memorable or anything. Anyways after recruitment, I went out for breakfast and I saw her, not remembering who she was and she was talking to me about how much she loved my sorority etc.. I was flattered and thanked her. She then told me she didn't get a bid and was practically crying over it. I have a soft spot for people who cry so I felt bad for her, and tried to console her.

A couple days later we received a letter from her telling us how much she loved us and how she wishes she was one of us and blah blah blah. It was touching but we had quota and there was obviously a reason she was dropped before hand. The next thing you know she is sending us chocolates and leaving letters for us all the time. She was roomates with one of our new members and her mother called up the new member and asked what was so great about her that we accepted her and not her daughter. It was so scary.

Sometimes she would just invite herself over the house and just sit on our couch. We were like.. umm you have to go now, we're getting ready for chapter. I felt so bad, but it was sort of scary and irritating.

I think she got the hint, and I do see her around campus and I say hi but I'm still a little freaked out by her!
Old 02-21-2005, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SDTSarah
I know this is an old thread, but I have a story.

We had a PNM repeatedly out one of our Rho Gammas. She was trying to tell everyone about how many girls she knew in SDT (she actually knew a fair amount of girls)...I guess she thought she was cool because she knew the PG's affiliation? Anyway, after the first time, another sister who knew her sat her down and said that it was perfectly fine to talk about the SDTs she knew, etc. etc...but obviously to refrain from talking about the PG. The PNM continued, even talking about it during mock rush. Here's the best part...
When the sister confronted her again, the PNM said our rush chair had outed the PG! Hahahaha...yeah, right.

Obvoiusly, she got cut, although she did get a bid from another sorority.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Long-distance information, give me Memphis, Tennessee!
Quote:
Originally posted by elizlang_ast
Okay, this wasn't just an individual psycho PNM, it was a whole group...

AST is on a few campuses where they are the only NPC sorority. On this particular campus, AST had been there a good 40+ years. Anyway, one of the local groups, not knowing the official way of "going National" and not bothering to find out, decided on their choice by looking up the other NPC sororities on the internet. Once they found the sorority they liked (btw, it was b/c of the colors and the mascot that they made their choice), they all went out and got letter shirts, t-shirts, buttons, car stickers, etc. and proclaimed themselves members of XYZ! Needless to say, XYZ's headquarters got word of their "new chapter" rather quickly and called the group to say that they were flattered by their choice, but they had gone about it the wrong way...
Aww, cute but sad
Old 09-01-2006, 12:26 PM

This is an oldie but goodie that I started, annnnd it's that time of year again!

Lakers Nation.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM_Mama00
Maybe she was a decoy from a rival sorority? Trying to get you guys to break recruitment rules? That sounds like a really fishy story if she didn't even go through.
That's actually what I thought when I read that.