GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Lambda > Lambda Chi Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 297,068
Threads: 114,117
Welcome to our newest member, tuiouyiikd

Old 03-01-2004, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to john1082 Send a message via AIM to john1082 Send a message via MSN to john1082 Send a message via Yahoo to john1082
Question C & SC in text format

Does anyone have a copy of both the Constitution and the Statutory Code in WordPerfect, MS Word, or some similar form?

I could attempt to scan it, then do an OCR on it, but that seems like it would be a great deal of work. If someone has an editable text version, would they share it wih me?

Thanks

GreekChat.com - The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network
Old 03-02-2004, 09:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

John, would you beleive, there is a copy on ebay!!

Fraternity/Soroity site just posted today!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 03-03-2004, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jbn566 Send a message via Yahoo to jbn566
links to the C&SC

Hey guys.....ok so I figure it is about time to write on this board...I have been coming here from quite sometime but have been holding back posting anything because once I get going I get going... just ask my fellow Beta Nu's ....

anyways I hear someone was looking for a "C & SC" i have uploaded my pdf copy of it on my website so people can download it....

http://www.jbsquared.com/lcadocs/code2000.pdf

You requested a MSword version of it... I aim to please....I converted the pdf already for you...

http://www.jbsquared.com/lcadocs/code2000.doc

what is that? you wanted just a plain version of it? Say no more

http://www.jbsquared.com/lcadocs/code2000.txt

I am currently working on a mp3 version of it where you can sit back and hear some boring guy read it to you haha

in ZAX
Joshua Allen Bennett (JB)
BN 566

Old 03-03-2004, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Brother JB, knowing you are from A Tech. School I know you have to be enough of a NERDO to do stuff like this!

LX Z # 1
Alumni

Last edited by Tom Earp; 03-05-2004 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to john1082 Send a message via AIM to john1082 Send a message via MSN to john1082 Send a message via Yahoo to john1082
Talking Got a copy - thanks gang

I wanted to say thanks to the gang here on the Forum. A well placed, high level source sent a copy to me via e-mail, and he did so in response to my plea here in this Forum. Never had a clue that he read the posts here. Had I not received it from him I would have gotten it from JB. Again, many thanks.

Old 03-04-2004, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Ooh yes, they're watching us all the time. Never speak; just watching, sitting on their haunches, lurking and monitoring us.

(Kinda like those flying monkeys in the Wizard Of Oz)

I don't consider them my brothers. Brothers wouldn't (or shouldn't) do that. I don't know what they are, and it's not for me to speculate.

I'm here to be me. I have nothing to hide. The others should be kicked off if they don't post within a certain period of time. That includes all the..."higher ups". Especially them.

Yours in ZAX!
Jono

"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."...Oscar Wilde
Old 03-04-2004, 09:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

JB, sorry, wires were crossed, was a picture of Chip that I had in mind when I typed the post!!

Oh, Jono Nice Shrine area!

Got item from P B yesterday! Nice, need to clean it a little to get shineier.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 03-04-2004, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Jono,

John Gezelius got the Word version of the 2002 C&SC from me. I was with him (and GC participants Eric Berger and Bill Foltz) at the High Pi Conference in Indianapolis this past weekend. Iím sure Johnís GC request arose out of our discussion of Fraternity law at that Conference, and I was pleased to share with him my own working copy. I will of course make it available to anyone else who wants one.

In ZAX,
Lynn Chipperfield
Old 03-04-2004, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Brother Chipperfield, glad to see you aboard and making comments!

Yes there are people who monitor the GC Site! I for one am glad! To see what Brothers think, how they interact, aid and abide by each others thoughts, ideals and what they want to do to Help Any Brother in trouble or any thing else!

As you know, I have talked with you along with many if not most of the Brothers on G C! I am always open to call them at my Nickle and enjoy it more than a lot know! Sharing among Brothers from Different Zetas is an important part of what LXA is!

Yes, in the words of a wise Man, I Pee purple, Green, and Gold lowe these 38 years, just as all of the Brothers hear do!

What can I for just a Brother say other than Damn I am Thankful to be a LXA!

In ZAX To All of The Brothers !!!!!!!!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 03-04-2004, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member

High level source...

My play on the words " A high level source" came from my involvement with the Department of Defense, the Intelligence Community, and the cryptic references that reporters use; perhaps it was an ill-fated attempt at humor.

You've heard the phrase "I have friends in high places"

You know what's better than that: Having friends in low places because that's where the work gets done!

Old 03-06-2004, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Brothers,

Regarding my post of a couple days ago, it wasn't my intention to "out" anyone at HQ in particular. It began as a satirical, tongue-in-cheek thing, but my true feelings came through in the end, I can see as I read it now.

I know that Lambda Chi Alpha is one of the best things that's ever happened to me, and I think I came down too hard on those who have our best interest in mind.

I guess it's just been bugging me for awhile that, even though it's their option, some of our senior members choose not to come forth.

I just want them to know that even the HA, CEO or COO could post here and banter with us common folk, and we'd all be the better for it.

My apologies otherwise.

In ZAX,
Jono

Old 03-08-2004, 03:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Jono,

No need to apologize because no offense was taken.

I read the GC posts as part of an overall due diligence effort to gain a better sense of the concerns that exist among our members. I also read them so that GHZ decisions can be fully-informed and made against a background of reality. My experience has been that the GC posts are a great source of that insight. I have participated in the past, but only when there was apparent confusion about Fraternity law Ė the recent discussion of withdrawing from the Fraternity being an example.

I have elected not to participate more broadly because statements made by an officer of the General Fraternity might wrongly be relied upon by others (within and without the Fraternity) as policy statements or binding interpretations. This is not the appropriate forum for that, and it would be unfair to the Fraternity and to other members of the GHZ and Staff.

In the meantime, I'll continue to listen in. To continue with your Wizard of Oz theme: Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

I hope all is well with you, Jono, and best regards to all GC participants. Keep the fires burning.

Sincerely in ZAX,
Lynn Chipperfield
Grand High Pi
Old 03-09-2004, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Lynn,

You are most gracious in your reply You gave me more when I deserved much less.

I am thankful for your continued efforts toward the betterment of this fraternity. In short, I appreciate and admire you.

Yours in ZAX,
Jono Hren
Pres. Alumni Assoc.
(B-N Zeta)