GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi Omega
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,677
1 members and 1,676 guests
annetaedarky158

Old 11-24-2003, 12:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Brother and Gamma Sig Killed in Accident

(Lebanon Valley College is in Pennsylvania; the APO Chapter there is Nu Delta)

Members of the Lebanon Valley Community,

It is my very sad responsibility to inform you that yesterday afternoon, four students were involved in an auto accident on Interstate 81, South of Harrisburg. Three of the four students were fatally injured. The students, all members of the College Taekwondo club, were on their way to the 3rd Annual Mid-Atlantic Taekwondo Championship in Winston-Salem, NC.

Chelsey Morris, a sophomore political science major from Enola, Pa.; Mariko Furukawa, a sophomore chemistry major from Kagoshima, Japan; and, Michael Videtto, a senior music recording technology major from Aldan, Pa., did not survive the accident. The fourth student, a sophomore biology major, is in the Hershey Medical Center.

Morris was a member of the LVC women’s swimming team, a member of the College’s History and Political Science Club (HyPE) and a graduate of East Pennsboro High School. Furukawa was a member of the chemistry’s summer research team, worked in the Suzanne H. Arnold Art Gallery and the Alumni Relations Office on campus, and was a sister in Gamma Sigma Sigma, a service and social sorority. Videtto was vice president of the student-run Taekwondo Club, a manager of the College student center, a disc jockey in the College’s Underground, a brother in the Alpha Phi Omega national service fraternity and was scheduled to study abroad in Italy this spring.

The College will be holding a memorial service for the students after each family has determined its respective memorial plans. All LVC students, faculty and staff are encouraged to use the College’s support services, including those offered by Reverend Woomer (ext. 6135), to help get through this time of suffering. Counselors will be available in the Miller Chapel.

Please be assured that we will provide you with additional information as soon as it becomes available.

G. David Pollick, President

http://www.lvc.edu/news-events/index.aspx?id=543
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-24-2003, 12:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

Thats so sad. I think I met him about two weeks ago at Region II weekend and service project but I'm not sure. My thoughts are for that chapter and for his family.
Old 11-24-2003, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gamma_girl52 Send a message via Yahoo to gamma_girl52
Oh my goodness! How sad. My prayers go out to the family of our departed soror, to our Beta Chi Chapter, and our Nu Delta brothers.

"Life is filled with many things to Befriend, Love, and Serve..."
Old 12-15-2003, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Attractive#7 Send a message via Yahoo to Attractive#7
So Sad

That is so sad. My prayers will be with the family of our brother, and all of the families of the students involved in the accident.