GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 308,664
Threads: 114,860
Welcome to our newest member, ElijahWood

Old 12-29-2000, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Now I know you all didn't forget the process of elimination when deciding who was going to be the freezer in freeze tag or who would be the one chasing the other kids around in hide-and-go-seek?

Everybody had to put one foot in while another person went "ini meni mini moe, catch a ..." (hope I spelled all that right) and the poor soul's whose foot was last had to be "it".
Lastly, I know this wasn't game but since ya'll took me back I had to bring it up. Passing notes in class to a cute boy with it asking "do you like me check yes or no". Didn't it just burn you up when some of them had the nerve to create a new box saying maybe? LOL

------------------
Wisemen Speak Because They Have Something To Say, Fools Because They Have To Say Something!
Failure To Plan Is Planning To Fail!!!
Old 12-29-2000, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AKA2D '91:
ya'll I JUST REMEMBERED THIS ONE...
IT JUST CAME TO ME...

HOLLYWOOD SWINGIN'
HOLLYWOOD (KEEP) SWINGIN'
HOLLYWOOD SWINGIN'
HOLLYWOOD KEEP SWINGIN'
MY NAME IS (?) I'M NUMBER ONE
MY REPUTATION IS HAVING FUN
SO IF YOU SEE ME
JUST STEP ASIDE,
CAUSE MIGHTY (?)
DON'T TAKE NO JIVE!

REPEAT CHORUS

REPEAT...I'M NUMBER 2
MY REP..IS LOVING YOU....
IT GOES ON AND ON AND ON AND ON!

HAVE MERCY!
I'LL TRY NOT TO POST ANYTHING ELSE!
You lost me! I've been with yall 100% until this one. I've been trying to chat this one to spark a memory, but I'm lost! Dang

Old 12-30-2000, 12:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrettyPetite
Cool

Ya'll are taking me back! Does anyone remember that handslapping game that went something like this:

"Mama's having a baby...daddy's going crazy...if it's a boy, I'll give it a toy. If it's a girl, I'll give it a curl. If it's two twins, I'll wrap it up in toilet paper...send it down the elevator...first floor STOP! Second Floor STOP! Third Floor STOP! Don't stop 'til your hands get hot!"

Then, you would keep handclapping as fast as you could until you got tired....LOL

How about this: remember this game that was played, usually with five or more people, and you have to name a certain number of things that was related to a particular subject? The chant went something like this: "HANDS DOWN VANILLA FIVE (CLAP CLAP) GONNA GET (CLAP CLAP) ONE-A-PIECE (CLAP CLAP) TO NO-A-PIECE (CLAP CLAP) NO HESITATION...(CLAP CLAP) NO DEMONSTRATION (CLAP CLAP) SUBJECT (CLAP CLAP) NAMES OF (CLAP CLAP) (enter subject name here)" Usually, the subject name was boys, or cars, or teachers....and after each round, the number of things you had to name went up....that used to be my FAVORITE GAME!! lol
Old 12-30-2000, 01:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

This is too funny!
I remember that one about the Big Mac, etc.
It went:
Big Mac, Filet o'Fish, Quarter Pounder, French Fry, Icy Coke, Thick Shake, Sundae and Apple Pie. You deserve a break today at McDonald's and the cup ran away with the spoon...YEAH!

Quote:
I'm a nut (I'm a nut [hand clapping]...in a hut [more handclapping]...I stole my mama's pantyhose so what...)
Optimistic, I used to LOVE "I'm a nut"

I'm a nut
In a hut
(we used to say) I stole an apple off the tree
so what
I'm craaaaazy
I'm fooooolish
I'm crazy, I'm foolish, I'm crazy, I'm foolish
I'm cool!

Anyone remember this?:
"Zing, zing, zing, like a washing machine
We gonna rock in the treetops allll day long,
Huffing and a puffing and singing that song
All the little birdies on jay bird street,
love to hear the robins go
tweet, tweet, tweet
Rocking robin
Tweet, twee-da-lee....."

LMAO! Wow, I can't believe I remember all that!
Old 12-30-2000, 03:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tickledpink
Talking

LOL

123 I don't wanna go to Mexico no more more more
There's a fat policeman at the door door door
If he gets you by the colla(r) boy you betta holla
I don't wanna go to Mexico no more more more...

or my all time favorite (to pick who's it)
"Bubblegum, Bubblegum in the dish, how many bubble gum do you wish?"

or what about just standing in the school yard @ recess time saying cheers:
Scorpio, sco scorpio...
My name is _______ "scorpiooo, sco scorpio.."
And I'm a Taurus "scorpio..." (why we called it scorpio, I'll never know...)

or jumping Double Dutch ("I was not out ~ you turn double handed!")
Old 12-30-2000, 05:05 AM
GreekChat Member

I HAD TO JUMP IN HERE....

Although it was a white valley girl expression anyone that grew-up in the 80's should remember the term "Gag me with a spoon"

"Little Sally Walker walking down the street she didn't know what to do so she jumped in front of me (then the person in the middle would jump in front of someone and dance) Gone girl do yo thang do yo thang...gone girl do yo thang do yo thang STOP."

"Mailman Mailman do your duty here comes the lady with the African Booty."

Did you ever call someone an African Booty Scratcher?

"Down by the river with the hanky panky here the bullfrogs jump from bank to banky...."

My cousins and I use to sing:
"Fat Albert got some stanky draws. I saw him when he took them off. He put them in the washing machine...but the washing machine broke down...he put'em on Santa Claus...Ho Ho who's these funky draws?"

Those were the days

[This message has been edited by Anydaynow (edited December 30, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Anydaynow (edited December 30, 2000).]
Old 12-30-2000, 11:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Anydaynow:
[B]

"Down by the river with the hanky panky here the bullfrogs jump from bank to banky...."

B]
I remember this one! as well as many of the other's you've named! LOL We we're so serious about it then too. Rollin' our necks at people and callin' other girls messy! LOL
Old 12-30-2000, 12:14 PM
GreekChat Member

the boys were MANISH!

the girls were FASSSSSSSSS (NOT FAST)
Old 12-30-2000, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
How about this: remember this game that was played, usually with five or more people, and you have to name a certain number of things that was related to a particular subject? The chant went something like this: "HANDS DOWN VANILLA FIVE (CLAP CLAP) GONNA GET (CLAP CLAP) ONE-A-PIECE (CLAP CLAP) TO NO-A-PIECE (CLAP CLAP) NO HESITATION...(CLAP CLAP) NO DEMONSTRATION (CLAP CLAP) SUBJECT (CLAP CLAP) NAMES OF (CLAP CLAP) (enter subject name here)" Usually, the subject name was boys, or cars, or teachers....and after each round, the number of things you had to name went up....that used to be my FAVORITE GAME!! lol

Hey I remember this one too! But we said it different. Ours went like this (here I go again) :

"Hands up to eighty-five (clap, clap), Gonna get (clap, clap), Names of (clap, clap),_________(fill in the blank w/ names of boys, colors, food, whatever), No hesitation (clap, clap), No demonstration (clap, clap) So let's go...."

Aww the memories I completely forgot about "Bubble gum, bubble gum" and "eni meni miney mo" (how ever it's spelled)

[This message has been edited by ZChi4Life (edited December 30, 2000).]
Old 12-30-2000, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

remember at the end of eeniee meenie minie mo...you wanted ANYONE TO BE IT, BUT NOT YOU...

WE ENDED OURS...

A) my mommie told me to pick this one right over here...

B) engine, engine number 9 going down chicago line...if the train should dump the track, do you want your money back?
if they said YES, you would spell Y-E-S OR NO N-O...
Old 12-30-2000, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I just finished reading all of these and I am ROTFL!! We used to do a chant where we all made a circle and somebody stood in the middle. The words in parenthesis are what the person in the middle would say:

Chili chili bang bang, Let me see you do yo' thang, (I cant!), Why not?, (I just can't), Why not?, (My back hurt, my bra too tight, my hips shake to the left, to the right, to the left and to the right! Hey!) And the girl in the middle had to move her hips as she sang. It was sooooo funny then because we all thought we were FINE anyway! ROTFL!!
Old 12-30-2000, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Greetings Sisterfriends,

I hope you guys do not mind me commenting on the topic. I have a few that I would like to add. Do you remember . . .

*Four people in the circle and you pick who is going up top or on the bottom first.
Tweet lele, tweet lele ....
Rocking in the tree top all day long, huffing and puffing and a singing that song . . .

*See that house on top of the hill, that's where me and my boyfriend live. Chasing the chickens, chasing the bread, come on boy let's go to bed.

I had another one, but I just forgot it. I will be back if I will remember it.

ZETA PHI BETA AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE !!!
Old 12-30-2000, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrettyPetite
Talking

I just remembered one...I don't remember how it started off, but it went something like this:

"let's get the rhythm of the head ding dong...let's get the rhythm of the head ding dong....let's get the rhythm of the hands (clap clap) let's get the rhythm of the hands (clap clap) let's get the rhythm of the feet (stomp stomp) let's get the rhythm of the feet (stomp stomp) let's get the rhythm of the HOT DOG (you would move your body in some weird way)....put all together and what do you get? (ding dong...clap clap...stomp stomp...hot dog) put it all backwards and what do you get? (hot dog...stomp stomp...clap clap...ding dong)

ROTFLOL...I miss being a kid....

PrettyPetite
Old 01-01-2001, 09:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Diamon
Okay....our Hands up for 85 wnet like this:

Hands up for '85 (clap clap) it's gonna be (clap clap) a big surprise (clap clap) no repeats or hesitation-concentration (clap clap) naaames oooof _____________ (category) (clap clap) starting with ___________(persons name).

It's interesting to see how the same hand game had different verses. I wonder if it depended on your region or your era )
Old 01-01-2001, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey Yall are takin me back!!!
Does anyone remeber the cheers we used to do?

Really uh uh really uh uh
Really my name is kisses
really my sign is sropio
say what
scorpio
say what
cause I'm more than a dollar I can make your boyfriend holler cause I'm sweet and fine like a bottle of wine cause I'm a pro
say what
a P R O
say what
I'm a triple P triple R triple O
a sexy pro.

Or the jump rope games like. Lady on one foot one foot one foot, lady one two foot two foot two foot....... lady jumps out!!

I will post more later on when I remember more!!

Tooooooo
Funny