GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 298,751
Threads: 114,168
Posts: 2,150,990
Welcome to our newest member, Johneddf
» Online Users: 301
4 members and 297 guests
peteojayy, zgdttakpt
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10-16-2003, 11:22 AM
ThetaPrincess24 ThetaPrincess24 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 5,720
I am a republican-----I have voted independent (though rare), but NEVER democrat.

I do consider myself a more moderate republican in the sense that i do think there should be more stricter laws regarding the environment.

Other than that, I'm republican all the way, I support Ernie Fletcher for Kentucky Governor this year, I support George W. Bush, and especially our troops at home and abroad.
__________________
Kappa Alpha Theta-Life Loyal Member
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-16-2003, 11:27 AM
ZTAngel's Avatar
ZTAngel ZTAngel is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Stuck in I-285 Traffic
Posts: 7,922
I am a registered Democrat. If I think another candidate would do a better job, I'll vote for them. But, so far, that hasn't happened.
__________________
ZTA
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-16-2003, 12:36 PM
Rudey Rudey is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Taking lessons at Cobra Kai Karate!
Posts: 14,939
Quote:
Originally posted by ThetaPrincess24
I am a republican-----I have voted independent (though rare), but NEVER democrat.

I do consider myself a more moderate republican in the sense that i do think there should be more stricter laws regarding the environment.

Other than that, I'm republican all the way, I support Ernie Fletcher for Kentucky Governor this year, I support George W. Bush, and especially our troops at home and abroad.
I think you should support Lyndon Larouche.

-Rudey
--He's making a comeback.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-16-2003, 03:10 PM
wreckingcrew
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
all you moderators that have posted your political affiliation on this thread had better go back and delete your posts.

Don't you know that in order to be a "good" and "fair" moderator you can't have any opinions of your own and must be a straight down the middle kind of person? Oh wait, unless you're a liberal of course

FOR SHAME on you moderators that have political leanings, you have no legitimacy in my eyes.

Kitso
KS 361 mods on GC that need to be plain, boring vanilla
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-16-2003, 03:14 PM
Rudey Rudey is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Taking lessons at Cobra Kai Karate!
Posts: 14,939
Quote:
Originally posted by AggieSigmaNu361
all you moderators that have posted your political affiliation on this thread had better go back and delete your posts.

Don't you know that in order to be a "good" and "fair" moderator you can't have any opinions of your own and must be a straight down the middle kind of person? Oh wait, unless you're a liberal of course

FOR SHAME on you moderators that have political leanings, you have no legitimacy in my eyes.

Kitso
KS 361 mods on GC that need to be plain, boring vanilla
Wanna join the Green Party?

-Rudey
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-16-2003, 03:16 PM
wreckingcrew
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
Wanna join the Green Party?

-Rudey
I can't rudey.

I'm conservative.

Or as some on GC have apparantly decided, an uber-Nazi.

Kitso
KS 361 well wishes for your Green Party though
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-16-2003, 03:19 PM
Rudey Rudey is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Taking lessons at Cobra Kai Karate!
Posts: 14,939
Quote:
Originally posted by AggieSigmaNu361
I can't rudey.

I'm conservative.

Or as some on GC have apparantly decided, an uber-Nazi.

Kitso
KS 361 well wishes for your Green Party though
Communist

-Rudey
--He's pink...burn him!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-16-2003, 03:22 PM
wreckingcrew
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
Communist

-Rudey
--He's pink...burn him!
whoa whoa

Pink? burning?

I ain't no flamer. We Uber-nazis despise homosexuals. We even have special pieces of flair we make them wear. Little Rainbow 'A's for ABBA.

Kitso
KS 361 times i can't be a Nazi and a Commie
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-16-2003, 03:38 PM
DeltAlum DeltAlum is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Mile High America
Posts: 17,102
Quote:
Originally posted by AggieSigmaNu361
FOR SHAME on you moderators that have political leanings, you have no legitimacy in my eyes.
OH NO!

Am I OK since my leanings are so "vanilla?" Or do I need to take an unyielding stance one way or the other -- depending on which of my fellow mods you listen to, the conservatives or liberals? Yes, believe it or not, I think we have both.

I hate to start off this moderator thing with two strikes against me.

On the other hand, not cleaving to one strict ideology makes it so much easier in the voting booth when the choice is between a reasonably qualified candidate whom I like vs. some idiot from a group I generally claim to be a part of who has ideas I find stupid.

But, then, I usually feel like both "sides" have some decent planks in their platform, and choose the side I agree with most.

Kinda reminds me of that old cheer: "Lean to the "Left", Lean to the "Right", Stand Up, Sit Down, Upchuck twice. Wait, I think I made that last part up. Just the way I feel presently.

All of this because I don't want to be painted with the same brush as 74 other moderators. I doubt that any of us do.

Edited to fix another dumb typo.
__________________
Fraternally,
DeltAlum
DTD
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.

Last edited by DeltAlum; 10-16-2003 at 04:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-16-2003, 03:48 PM
wreckingcrew
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by DeltAlum
OH NO!

Am I OK since my leanings are so "vanilla?" Or do I need to take an unielding stance one way or the other -- depending on which of my fellow mods you listen to, the conservatives or liberals? Yes, believe it or not, I think we have both.

I hate to start off this moderator thing with two strikes against me.

On the other hand, not cleaving to one strict ideology makes it so much easier in the voting booth when the choice is between a reasonably qualified candidate whom I like vs. some idiot from a group I generally claim to be a part of who has ideas I find stupid.

But, then, I usually feel like both "sides" have some decent planks in their platform, and choose the side I agree with most.

Kinda reminds me of that old cheer: "Lean to the "Left", Lean to the "Right", Stand Up, Sit Down, Upchuck twice. Wait, I think I made that last part up. Just the way I feel presently.

All of this because I don't want to be painted with the same brush as 74 other moderators. I doubt that any of us do.
DA,

Was merely pointing out that some apparantly believe that one's political affiliation plays a major part in their ability to moderate a Greek website. I for one think that one's political stance has little to no bearing on their abliltiy to be a fair and capable moderator. Although Munchkin and I (Munch, just using you for an example) do not see eye to eye on some things, i think she is a relatively level-headed person and think she would make a fair mod.

My entire post was meant tongue-in-cheek for certain individuals who know who they are.

Kitso
KS 361 times it's SARCASM folks
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 10-16-2003, 03:49 PM
Rudey Rudey is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Taking lessons at Cobra Kai Karate!
Posts: 14,939
Quote:
Originally posted by AggieSigmaNu361
DA,

Was merely pointing out that some apparantly believe that one's political affiliation plays a major part in their ability to moderate a Greek website. I for one think that one's political stance has little to no bearing on their abliltiy to be a fair and capable moderator. Although Munchkin and I (Munch, just using you for an example) do not see eye to eye on some things, i think she is a relatively level-headed person and think she would make a fair mod.

My entire post was meant tongue-in-cheek for certain individuals who know who they are.

Kitso
KS 361 times it's SARCASM folks
Burn this pansy liberal!

-Rudey
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-16-2003, 03:51 PM
GeekyPenguin GeekyPenguin is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: in a fancy chair behind an important desk
Posts: 9,966
Quote:
Originally posted by DeltAlum
All of this because I don't want to be painted with the same brush as 74 other moderators. I doubt that any of us do.
Exactly...and as an example, I don't think AXO Alum and I could differ any more on political issues.

Plus, I don't see how my voting affects my ability to moderate the Gamma Phi Beta forum. If it did, I'm pretty sure I never would have been approved to be a mod, because we all know how much my little heart bleeds. ETA: I do, however, think my political ability would impair my ability to mod any type of political thread, since I have a huge bias in one direction. This, among many other reasons, is why I should never be a Chit-Chat mod.

Kitso, maybe you should shoot John a PM and ask him about this, he might be able to help you.

-------------------------------------

And to bust this back on track, when I was little I was a Republican. I mean really little - like 8. It was the "cool" thing to do at my Catholic school.

Last edited by GeekyPenguin; 10-16-2003 at 04:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-16-2003, 03:54 PM
wreckingcrew
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
Plus, I don't see how my voting affects my ability to moderate the Gamma Phi Beta forum. If it did, I'm pretty sure I never would have been approved to be a mod, because we all know how much my little heart bleeds.

thank you.

you have proven my point well.

Kitso
KS 361
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-16-2003, 03:56 PM
DeltAlum DeltAlum is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Mile High America
Posts: 17,102
Hey Kitso,

I believe you -- but I know it's hard to express sarcasm in the printed word -- unlike with vocal or facial expressions.

Especially when someone having a difficult day like me reads it.

In any event, the member who originally began this thread did so with the express hope that it didn't get into a political argument -- but rather out of curiousity of how we label ourselves.
__________________
Fraternally,
DeltAlum
DTD
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-16-2003, 03:58 PM
moe.ron moe.ron is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Southeast Asia
Posts: 8,948
Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
I voted in the Marijuana Party
__________________
Spambot Killer
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.