Pardon me for butting in on your thread!
I'm a Vegas fanatic. Been there many times (and yes, got married there)
You all are going to have fun!
1. flight....try to get a window seat on the right side of the plane...ain't nothing like seeing the strip as you land!
2. Stop by Walgreen's on the strip next to MGM and stock up on bottled water....the tap water SUCKS in Vegas!
3. Wear comfy shoes. There is a long distance between hotels and at 100+ degrees...you might be hating it!
4. If you are staying at Bally's, Paris or Aladdin, try to get on a high floor facing the Bellagio. The dancing fountains are to die for.
5. There is a mall on the strip near Treasure Island called the Fashion Show Mall. It is huge and just put a new Nordstrom there.
6. The Forum Shops at Caesar's are to die for!
If you are there on Sunday, try a champagne brunch buffet.
or The Gospel Brunch at the House of Blues at Mandalay Bay. (I think they still have it)
7. Try to rent a car. Most hotels do NOT have shuttles going to malls! Vegas is VERY easy to drive around....
And you MUST drive up the strip at night!
8. If you are not renting a car, take the shuttle or limo from the airport. LVL (Las Vegas Limos) charges $4.50 per person (plus tip)
Cheaper than a cab (who will try to shaft ya)
Speaking of tips, have plenty of $1 bills for tipping. 80% of Las Vegas residents are in the service industry.
If ya want info on places where to eat and where NOT to eat, I can tell you that too!
If I am intruding, I apologize.