GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Omega > Omega Psi Phi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 321,948
Threads: 115,243
Welcome to our newest member, madelynrw60
» Online Users: 359
4 members and 355 guests
AlwaysSAI, atbeatsdrdre, navane

Old 12-14-2022, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Nativity (Christmas) Presentation by Fraternity

Friday, 12/23/22, the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. will present via Zoom The Christmas Story, a Christian telling/celebration of the Nativity of Jesus Christ. This is a continuation of our effort to recommit ourselves to Christian Manhood by worshipping and honoring Jesus Christ, as related by our 41st Grand Basileus David Marion and now extended into the administration of 42nd Grand Basileus Ricky Lewis.

The Christmas Story
https://oppf.org/the-christmas-story/

Words from the Cross (Good Friday 2021)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HmL5ulORG0

GreekChat.com - The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network
Old 12-14-2022, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

I wanted to put a like, no a love on this and I keep forgetting we don't have one here!
Old 12-14-2022, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

How beautiful! Thank you for this. For some reason this year it hasn't felt like Christmas (for me)...until I saw this. Thank you.
Old 12-14-2022, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

I want to expound on my love for this. The NPC sororities are cowering and sniveling in their attempts to not offend any non-Christians in their groups--even if it means removing Christian parts of their rituals. And here is Omega Psi Phi, having this wonderful event for their men...well, God bless you. You are standing up for your roots!
Old 12-14-2022, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh that's wonderful, Wolfman. Thank you for sharing word of your Christmas event.

Also, when clicking the link, I noticed that Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. holds a monthly prayer call hosted by your international Grand Chaplain. I think that's a very worthy and commendable thing and yet so uncommon in our times.

True and Constant
Old 12-14-2022, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator

Bravo to the Gentlemen of Omega Psi Phi and a Merry Christmas to all.
Old 12-14-2022, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
I want to expound on my love for this. The NPC sororities are cowering and sniveling in their attempts to not offend any non-Christians in their groups--even if it means removing Christian parts of their rituals. And here is Omega Psi Phi, having this wonderful event for their men...well, God bless you. You are standing up for your roots!
Couldn't have said it better myself. Bravo to the men of Omega Psi Phi!
Old 12-15-2022, 08:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Blessings on anybody who shines a bright light during this Holiday Season. The men of Omega Psi Phi should make us ALL proud to be members of the Greek Community!
Old 12-15-2022, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGD-GRAD View Post
Blessings on anybody who shines a bright light during this Holiday Season. The men of Omega Psi Phi should make us ALL proud to be members of the Greek Community!
AMEN!!!! Thank you for sharing this!
Old 12-15-2022, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you so much for sharing. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-15-2022, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
I simply can't see *that* many of the NIC/NPC/NPHC groups that are more than 50 years old having in 2011 their National First Vice President starting an article/letter in the National Magazine "Brothers, I greet you in the name of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." https://oppf.org/wp-content/uploads/...centennial.pdf
Old 12-15-2022, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGD-GRAD View Post
Hear, Hear!
Old 12-21-2022, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

In my experience of 42 years as a Que, there is a type of duality to the Men of Omega Psi Phi. In the popular imagination there is a common stereotype of Omega as the "wild guys" fraternity as told by the late Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall (APhiA). My wife uses the terminology of "gregarious" to describe us. It is true. But there is another aspect too: a very strong, traditional Christian ethos rooted in our our origins and history. When I was pledging in the Spring of '80, my line had to put on a social event. We threw a keg party. We had visiting Brothers there and the normal hazing happening. One Brother spoke to me "off the record" and told me a couple of things that would serve me well as a Brother: one was that the Fraternity is religious, that is, is very much rooted in Christian tradition. It is a matter of pride for me, even though we do have some religious diversity. It is a strength. It used to be that pledgees had to attend church on Sunday. A lot of our songs are based on African American Spirituals. Today that traditional continues. Districts hold Revival Services, chapters have Church Visitation, some chapters have Bible Study, etc. It is important that we reamin true to our heritage, not in a prejudiced or narrow sense but as holding true to a life-giving Reality that has been the foundation of African American people in our struggle for freedom, justice and human dignity.

GreekChat.com - The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network