GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 317,833
Threads: 114,739
Welcome to our newest member, l_ella_

Old 02-13-2021, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKT4LIFE View Post
Was it because there was extra vaccine left in the bottles at the end of the day and instead of wasting the vaccine, hospital staff opted to call people in to receive it? This is going on a lot.........

Seems to me they should have a stand by list where you may be called last minute at the end of the day and you have 30 minutes to arrive for your appointment. Kaiser here in the bay area is doing this.
No. The newspaper said that they were setting up appointments for them. I had wondered what was going on. I called a month ago to try to get an appointment and the receptionist said that they were only vaccinating staff members and their relatives. I didn't realize that it meant relatives who were young and perfectly healthy!
Old 02-13-2021, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

I think the system is so locally controlled, there are a lot of people jumping the line...just from the anecdotes I'm hearing from some colleagues who've been vaccinated and the reasons they give for getting a slot. In Michigan, it depends on your location, too. Areas with a high population of socially vulnerable people are getting more doses.

Meanwhile, my husband got his second Moderna dose two days ago...no pain or side effects again.
Old 02-17-2021, 01:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Got my second dose of Moderna today. Arm pain about 4/10. And my husband got his first dose yesterday, the Pfizer, no pain or side effects. God bless him, he did supper and dishes tonight. He does that anyway, but still...
Old 02-17-2021, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

My husband got his second Pfizer last week-no side effects whatsoever.
Old 02-19-2021, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I got my second (and last) Covid vaccine shot—Pfizer—early this morning. I’ve felt okay all day but in the last half hour—about 10 hours out—I’m crashing a bit: terribly sore shoulder (difficult to raise) and extreme lethargy.

But like everybody else, it’s a small price to pay for the protection and peace of mind it affords.

You ALL stay safe!!!
Old 02-20-2021, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

OKAY!! Glad I’m the next one to post. I’ll continue my second Pfizer shot saga ⬆️ from yesterday...last night was ROUGH: I slept 10 hours, alternating freezing and sweating all night; one hour I couldn’t get warm enough, the next hour I was throwing off covers. I had a sore throat and kept rolling over on my sore arm which was at least a 6/10 when I went to bed. This morning my eyes were almost matted shut...like I’ve had from the effects of the flu.

This morning—I’m OVER THE HUMP! I woke up much improved and starved! I drank a quick cup of coffee and downed a yogurt and toast. My arm is still sore (4/10) but overall I’m better. No headache fortunately.

So that’s my saga. PLEASE you all—keep these going. Your previous stories helped me immensely in knowing what to expect.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

Well, I'll prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

I desperately want to be scheduled for a Friday so I won't get side effects in front of my class.
Old 02-20-2021, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I was scheduled for my second Pfizer shot on 2/22. Received a call yesterday letting me know it will have to be delayed. Because of the midwest weather, no deliveries have been received. They are hoping to reschedule us by the end of the week.

DaffyKD