GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,283
1 members and 1,282 guests
No Members online

Old 09-22-2017, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Transfer

Hiiii,

So I'm currently at one school right now and I'm a member of a sorority. I've been initiated and everything so I'm officially a member of that sorority. I'm going to be transferring to a new school next school year but I don't know if I'll be able to rush a sorority there if I'm already in one at my school now. I'm between a few schools but I'll be deciding kind of soon but I was just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question: if I transfer to a new school that doesn't have the sorority I'm in now at my current school, can I rush a different one or am I only allowed to rush the sorority I'm in now? One other question I have is if I'm only able to rush the one I'm in now is there a chance of me not getting into it at another school?

Thanks so much for your help I really appreciate it!!
Old 09-22-2017, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

That's right! You can't rush again!

If your current group won't affilate you, then you must go alum.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorority membership is for life. Once initiated, you cannot join another one just because a school doesn't have your chapter. As carnation said, the option in your case is to go to alum status.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fogartyl3 View Post
Hiiii,

So I'm currently at one school right now and I'm a member of a sorority. I've been initiated and everything so I'm officially a member of that sorority. I'm going to be transferring to a new school next school year but I don't know if I'll be able to rush a sorority there if I'm already in one at my school now. I'm between a few schools but I'll be deciding kind of soon but I was just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question: if I transfer to a new school that doesn't have the sorority I'm in now at my current school, can I rush a different one or am I only allowed to rush the sorority I'm in now? One other question I have is if I'm only able to rush the one I'm in now is there a chance of me not getting into it at another school?

Thanks so much for your help I really appreciate it!!
Are you a member of an NPC sorority? If so, you are done with NPC sororities. You do not "rush" your own organization, if there is a chapter at your transfer school. You ask to "affiliate" with the new chapter. You do not have the option of joining any other NPC sorority, but could join a service organization or perhaps a local, depending on their rules.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

As Thetalady said, contact the chapter, hang out with them and see if you gel. If so, try to affiliate. Otherwise, you'll stay an alumna.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Your best answer is going to come from your national sorority headquarters. Phone them and ask how the affiliation process works.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Looks like another "I have an ultra special and unique circumstance, so can't I rush again?" post where the OP never comes back. Getting tired of these....