GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 300,161
Threads: 114,210
Welcome to our newest member, adeypwsrec

Old 09-20-2002, 01:20 AM
GreekChat Member

That does stink that you have such a long waiting time. I am so excited to hear what happens.
Old 09-20-2002, 01:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes, sounds strange to have to wait all day doesn't it! It happens everywhere. It's so there's time to go thru your invites and accept where you'll go and then try to get everyone's schedule verified so that the parties have an evenly distributed number. And last, so the sororities can know who's coming. The most important thing.....just have fun and give each group an equal chance, and you'll find the place you're meant to be.

Good Luck!
Old 09-21-2002, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to suzymoonspider
OK! It is now 11:30 pm and I am just getting home and have to be back at school at 9 am-JOY. So here is a *quick* rundown

Group 1- LOVED! LOVED! LOVED! They sang a song as we walked in and I really felt welcome- so far my number one choice

Group 2- I really liked them too- they have a strong national and the first girl I talked to I had things in common with. I am definately keep them cause I see myself here as well as 1- it will workout

Group 3- They were nice- but not for me. They are really small and I feel that might hurt their recruitment- overall nice girls though

Group 4- I really didn't mind these girls- they are less pretty and popular but are nice- I didn't *clique* but I am keeping them because maybe it was just the vibe of the night- maybe it will be better tomorrow

Group 5- I didn't like these girls- they were so stereotypical- all tall all blonde all appeared kinda well- ditzy. I mean they were nice and all but I wouldn't fit in. Not for me

Group 6- I am kinda mixed about. I really like them but something wasn't there but I am keeping them too.

SO! If I get invited back to all six- I am keeping all but 3 and 5. That's if I get invited back everywhere and I am not cutting I am regreting with interest to keep my options open.

I can't wait till tomorrow. Talk to you guys tomorrow night
Old 09-21-2002, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDHoney
Good luck...can't wait to hear about the invites!
Old 09-21-2002, 06:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
I was wondering about that too. I know the AZD chapter is a little young-- it colonized in 1998 or 1999, and before that i think it was just ZTA and AOTT....but who knows? Any light on that Suzymoon?
Old 09-21-2002, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Suzymoon posted an earlier thread to find out info about GMU's sororities and it turns out that GMU's Greek Life webpage is strangely out of date. There are in fact 6 chapters there.

Suzymoon, I hope you are enjoying recruitment. From your latest post it sounds like you are. I hope you get invited back to the houses you really want. Have fun!
Old 09-21-2002, 11:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Well let me fill you in on my Sat. I was cut from 2, so I didn't have to choose. I was actually only shocked by one cut- I was cut from Group 5 +6. Maybe I was more tired and didn't put out a good impression. I dunno, but I regress.

Group 1- I really do love these girls. I seem to have cliqued well with them and I think they are important. We had a "carnival" and we one prizes to put in a bag that goes to their charity. This is definately in my top two.

Group 2- Again I really like this group. Group 1+2 are my fav. One girl from yesterday came up to me and we talked for a long time- but I made sure I met a lot of other girls. I made picture frames for their philanthropy.

Group 3- I still like these girls- but I don't know if I could call this "home", they seem really nice but something is missing- the conversation didn't flow as naturally. I made dream catchers.

Group 4- These girls are sooooo nice. I really like them and I really don't look forward to cutting them. I just didn't "fit" as well as I think I did with Groups 1+2. We made items in their mascot that helped out their philanthropy (REALLY hard to tell you without you being able to guess)

I am really nervous about pref tomorrow. I hope I get my top to invites I REALLY HOPE!! I am not sure if I really want the other two and might drop out if I don't get the top too. AHHHH! I am trying to keep and open mind but at the same time follow my heart.

*deep breathe* it'll all work out. Actually, talking to all you GCers helps Thanks guys!
Old 09-21-2002, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDHoney
Glad it's going well for you...good luck!
Old 09-22-2002, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sassykd
Good luck and have lots of fun!

I am sure you will end up where it is right.

Melissa
Old 09-22-2002, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck Suzy! When will you find out who invited you?
Old 09-22-2002, 01:10 PM

yes, it will all work out- it always does!
Old 09-22-2002, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Well- I got 3 invites back- group 2dropped me. I dropped Group 4, but with interest. So I went to group 1+3. Here is how it went:

Group 1- I still love these girls, I have similar values and beliefs as them. I feel like I really bonded with the one girl I talked with. I only talked to one girl in depth, but I think that is how pref is. I hope I made a good impression.

Group 3- I went in with a little apprehension. I didn't feel I knew these girls as well and I wanted to. I absolutely LOVED talking to who I did all evening. They actually made my choice harder because I was so gung ho on group one. They seemed a lot more open today than before.

So I ended my pref card signing with 1 then 2. I think I will be happy with either and could call either home. We don't find out till 5pm tomorrow (Monday) and it won't be posted on GC till late (unless I didn't get a bid but hopefully that won't happen). I won't be home till between 10 and 11.

Wish me luck
Old 09-22-2002, 06:46 PM

I am so excited for you!
And personally, I hope one of your choices is Alpha Xi!

Shameless plug:

with-an-A, with-an-A, with an A-L-P
With an A-L-P and a P-H-A
Alpha xi
sing it, sing it, sing it to the sky
come on sisters, come on sisters, shout it till you die
oh i am so proud to be an Alpha Xi
Hey!
Old 09-22-2002, 10:17 PM

Good luck, Suzy! Hope your dreams come true tomorrow

Christin
Old 09-22-2002, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTABullwinkle
Good Luck Suzy!! I can't wait to hear how everything went!!!

Here is my shameless plug:

Oh Zeta! Z-E-T-A-T-A-U-A-L-P-H-A
Bringing love and sisterhood each and every day,
When you are a part of it, you're always proud to say,
Oh Zeta! Z-E-T-A-T-A-U-A-L-P-H-A

"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon our hearts. Until against our will comes the wisdom of God."