GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 295,065
Threads: 114,024
Welcome to our newest member, jkgrtymka

Old 09-05-2017, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Junior Rush?

I go to VCU and since the beginning of freshman year I was completely opposed to rushing, but once I saw the friendships my friends made with their sisters, I have wanted to rush ever since. First semester I struggled academically, and my GPA is low. I wanted so bad to rush this semester but my GPA is still not high enough. It should be more than good to go by the first semester my Junior year. Is that to late to rush?
Old 09-05-2017, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

It depends on your campus. Best to ask the people in the Greek Life office how many juniors rush, and how many pledge.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villavicencdl View Post
I go to VCU and since the beginning of freshman year I was completely opposed to rushing, but once I saw the friendships my friends made with their sisters, I have wanted to rush ever since. First semester I struggled academically, and my GPA is low. I wanted so bad to rush this semester but my GPA is still not high enough. It should be more than good to go by the first semester my Junior year. Is that to late to rush?
Understand that rushing as a junior, your GPA will be extra important. Chapters will require a higher GPA of a junior than for a freshman entering school. Maybe a little higher, probably a lot higher.... If you aren't in the 3.5 cumulative GPA range, it might be very tough, but I don't know your specific campus.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
Understand that rushing as a junior, your GPA will be extra important. Chapters will require a higher GPA of a junior than for a freshman entering school. Maybe a little higher, probably a lot higher.... If you aren't in the 3.5 cumulative GPA range, it might be very tough, but I don't know your specific campus.
On the other hand, some chapters willing to take juniors may not require a higher GPA than the freshman and sophomores. They may be chapters on smaller campuses (or a decent-sized campus with a small Greek scene) that typically see more variety in class standing among the women going through recruitment.

Again, depends on the school. And I can't speak to what VCU's Greek Life looks like.

However, OP, you say your GPA is low. You'll need to make sure it meets the minimum requirements for recruitment/each sorority. And if it's just over the minimum and you're rushing as a junior, this will likely give you issues.

Just be aware of that going in, and keep an open mind!

@~/~~~~

Last edited by ASTalumna06; 09-05-2017 at 11:24 PM.