GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,384
2 members and 1,382 guests
KDKells, Xidelt

Old 07-20-2017, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolebaby View Post
I know some sororities require that the alum personally knows the PNM, so if I were to rush a sorority and they really liked me they would find me an alum to write me one? I'm still a tiny bit confused on that!
Do not depend on that to happen. There will be a huge amount of PNMs-let's say 2000. Now, let's say a quarter of them do not have recs- that's 500. And let's say that all 500 look good on paper. They have great gpas, activities, and volunteer experience, are well put together, have sparkling personalities, and are great conversationalists. It is not feasible for the sororities to call around and get recs for all 500. It would be impractical for them to try to get recs for even 20. What will distinguish a handful of PNMs from the 500 rec-less group when all other things are equal so that a sorority would go to all the trouble to try to find an alum from the PNM's hometown who would write her a rec, when they have to break down that day's party, set up for the next day, hold membership selection, eat dinner, fill out reports/invitation lists for Panhellenic? Not to mention that they have 1500 PNMs who do have recs.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Ah, ok @FSUZeta I understand now!! Thank you! FSU's rush is already at around 1700 I believe, and thats not even counting the girls who are going to sign up last minute in August!
Also, @Titchou thank you for the link!! I found their site a few months ago but I haven't heard anything back from them. I've contacted them twice since then and I still haven't heard anything back. And your comment on keeping an open mind is totally correct! I'm basically trying to hit every sorority on campus for recs and to keep an open mind in every house I step foot in during rush!
Old 07-20-2017, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

There's a list of their officers. Try to locate one of them.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Best of luck to you, and hoping you have a great rush. You've already picked an awesome place to go to school!
Old 08-09-2017, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlum View Post
Best of luck to you, and hoping you have a great rush. You've already picked an awesome place to go to school!
Anchor Alum - Are you a Seminole? Me too!