GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 300,295
Threads: 114,212
Welcome to our newest member, fhgdytjnh

Old 09-01-2002, 01:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to StarDust7381
Hey Gracie girly!
Best of luck and let us know!
Old 09-01-2002, 02:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to phisigduchesscv
cancel all your credit cards

Quote:
Originally posted by Streak_of_Grace
OK gang get this: I get a phone call this morning from Big E's Deli. The girl asks me if my purse is missing because they found my purse on their roof this morning!! The real kicker here is that EVERYTHING I mean EVERYTHING was STILL IN MY PURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Including keys, wallet complete with all my credit cards, checkbook, cellphone, camera everything! I can't believe it! I'm still in shock over this. I feel like I should go buy lottery tickets now. I actually had a better chance of winning the lottery than getting my purse back with all it's contents in tact!

I also wanted ya'll to know tha I'm still here and still waiting to hear from AGD. Keep everything you can possibly cross crossed! Eyes, fingers, toes, etc.

I'll update soon!

Love ya'll
"Grace"
First off Good luck with AGD. Greek Life no matter which sorority is the Best. Of course I think the absolute best is Phi Sigma Sigma but Go Greek no matter what.

Anyway, That's great you got your purse back but if you haven't already then you should cancel all your credit cards still. One of the biggest scams in Los Angeles is stealing someones wallet or purse and then making sure it's found with everything still there. In the meantime they are using your social security number, credit card info etc and committing Identity Theft. This happened to one of my sisters. You should let your bank know what happened and get their opinion even on checking account and atm cards etc. You should also let Social Security know as well. My sisters social security number has been used by someone across the country in Pennsylvania and in New York as well. No matter what contact your credit card companies and also the credit reporting agencies as well.

Good luck again. Can't wait to hear if you got your bid,
Carolyn

IG - CKA
Vice Archon - So. LA County Alumnae Chapter
Old 09-02-2002, 04:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the advice Carolyn. I know the routine. I had my wallet stolen during X-mas. Whoever took it reached right into my purse and took it. Every vital piece of info on me was in that wallet too. Not to mention it was my favorite wallet, faux leopard fur. I never got it back though. This losing stuff is nothing new to me. Lost my driver's license a few weeks ago. I go get a new one. My friend, who's car was broken into to get my purse, calls me as she is getting the new window put in her car. "Guess what the guys who were cleaning my car found? You missing driver's license." Strange huh? Well, I'm not out that much. I have a new cell phone and a new wallet and purse. The down side is that all I have are checks and nothing else. Oh well. As soon as I hear something I'll let ya'll know. I'm about to die over here. I want so desperately to hear something!
Love ya'll,
"Grace"
Old 09-03-2002, 03:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Question What college???

"Grace" -- what college in Alabama are you at? (If it is Auburn, sorry about my alma mater's victory over Auburn this evening!!)
When will you hear about AGD? Keep us posted!! We all wish you the best!!
USC Trojans -- #1!
Don't blame me - I voted for the War Hero and the Hockey Mom
Old 09-03-2002, 03:56 AM
GreekChat Member

USA! USA! USA! University of South Alabama is were I am attending. It's a small commuter college in Mobile, Alabama. Not much to it really. I don't know when I'll be hearing from AGD. I remember one of the sisters announcing that they weren't having chapter on Monday since it was a holiday. So maybe I'll hear something by the end of the week or next week. You think you are on pins and needles? I'm a huge ball of nerves. I jump everytime the phone rings to check my caller ID.
Love ya,
"Grace"

PS "Grace" isn't my real name hence the quotation marks. It's my nickname. I'm a HUGE klutz. I'll prolly reveal my true identity in time.

Last edited by Streak_of_Grace; 09-03-2002 at 03:59 AM.
Old 09-03-2002, 09:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Streak_of_Grace
PS "Grace" isn't my real name hence the quotation marks. It's my nickname. I'm a HUGE klutz. I'll prolly reveal my true identity in time.
hehe...that's my nickname too.

Good luck!!! I hope you hear back from AGD soon!!! They are an awesome group of women!!
Old 09-03-2002, 11:15 AM
GreekChat Member

I was a COB, too! I can't wait to hear if you're going to be one of our new sisters. Keep us posted!
Old 09-05-2002, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Just a small update........I'm still waiting. Sould I call them or e-mail them? I don't think they had a chapter meeting this week due to labor day holiday. Should I wait until next week before I call or anything? Input please!!!!!!

Love and worries,
"Grace"
Old 09-05-2002, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Grace,

If it *were* me, I wouldn't be annoyed if someone sent a brief, friendly email asking what the status was. But don't be upset if they may not be able to go into much detail, since the selection process is confidential.

This is just my opinion, so wait to see what our other GCers think! Good luck and keep up updated!
Old 09-05-2002, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaGamJLo
THAT'S MY CHAPTER!!!!!

Hey!! That's my chapter!!! Let me know who you are so we can talk!! I'm soooooo glad you had fun during COB.......I hope to see you again soon!!!!!! I'm sorry that nobody has contacted you yet.....we didn't have this chapter this week, but you will hear from us soon!!!!!
Old 09-05-2002, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

JLo I PMed you!

"Grace"
Old 09-11-2002, 12:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Question

OK Gang the day is arriving. I received a call from AGD today. However I was in the shower and didn't get to answer my phone. The sister left me a message telling me that I have a letter in the Greek Advisors office to be picked up tomorrow at anytime. I'M SO NERVOUS! I keep telling myself not to be but I just keep wondering, is it a bid or is it a letter of regret? I'll be sure to let you guys know ASAP!

Love and Tummy-Butterflies,
"Grace"
Old 09-11-2002, 12:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shark_in_Skirt Send a message via Yahoo to Shark_in_Skirt
Grace! The suspense must be killing you! Best of luck to you.

XOXO,
Annie.
Old 09-11-2002, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

any news?
good luck!
Old 09-11-2002, 07:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck with COB and getting the bid! You sound like such an awesome addition they woudl want to their chapter and I hope the best for you! Let us know any updates!