GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,044
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, NikiMussen
» Online Users: 1,397
2 members and 1,395 guests
AOIIalum, Titchou

Old 09-16-2002, 01:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

OMG! That was incredible! It actually made me cry!
Old 09-18-2002, 05:42 AM
Unregistered-

I just wanted to share something that happened to me today...

I got a phone call today at work and before I could say "This is Sandy speaking..." my chapter sister interrupted me and said "Hey Sandy it's Katie...". I asked her "How'd you know it was me?" [since other people often answer the office phone] and her simple reply was:

"Because you're my sister..."

To many people, that sentence may seem simple, but in reality it means a lot.

I thought, as a new alum, I was going to feel out of place--out of place with the collegians because I was no longer one of them... and out of place with the alumnae because I was new and I always thought at alums were too 'serious' and that I wasn't going to fit in.

And then I have my GreekChat chapter sisters who reassured me that everything was going to be okay. I looked past my status because all in all, I'm an Alpha Gam...and whether or not I was a collegian or alumna, nothing could ever change my love and loyalty for AGD.

With recruitment coming to a close for Delta Sigma, I can see the excitement building up for my collegiate sisters and the PNMs. Me and a certain chapter advisor [who shall remain nameless--tee hee] almost *CRIED* in the kitchen during one of the events. Why? Because these girls were having soooo much fun decorating their items with OUR letters...and they aren't even members yet! To see them so excited to join our family really gets me emotional because I remember being a "baby squirrel"... and I'm so anxious to pass on our legacy.

And I think it's about time that *ALL* of our sisters around the world know about this special online chapter. I myself am not a good journalist, but I'd be more than happy to help create something to share with our sisters!

I love you all...because you're my sisters.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:05 PM
UMgirl

Great story Sandy and if either your or Arin would like to do the write up for our little "chapter" I am sure we would all be honored
Old 10-12-2002, 01:17 AM
GreekChat Member

sorry to crash your thread but...

I'm not an alpha gam and I cried. this is the sweetest thing I've seen on GC!
Old 11-08-2002, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey Tonya!

That was amazing! I miss you tons! How are you? Are you planning on visiting again this year?
~ Jess
Old 11-08-2002, 10:39 AM
UMgirl

One of my Babes!

I miss you tons and everyone and everyone else too! I am doing ok, will write you a letter and send it to the house. I want to come down for the Wisconsin game. If not then, definately sometime before the school year ends
Old 02-10-2003, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to winnieb
I just reread this--
this is so sweet--now i am crying.

i am going to log onto the official site--see if i can track down some of my sisters (from my chapter) and email them--- it has been too long!!!

thank you!!!!!

wendi
Old 03-02-2003, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

TLC

Just got back from Alpharetta/Atlanta TLC and wanted to post it.

I have been to 1 Convention, 1 ACT (like TLC) and 1 TLC. What is sooo amazing and reasurring (sp?) to me is having many of the same ups and downs, good and bad, no matter if the chapter size is 16 or 150 and that there are sisters to help solve problem, no matter the mileage difference. Also, what is totally cool is to see the older sisters (okay, I won't say what age starts being "older") laughing, singing and dancing. It gives you an idea of what they were like as awesome collegians.

Gatherings like these remind us as to why we became and stay AGDs. Always remember that you are judged as being a positive or negative model in and out of letters. So what kind of image are you giving AGD?
Old 04-06-2003, 01:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Wonderful story I just had to share. Yesterday the Los Angeles and Orange County Alumnae Chapters celebrated IRD.

After the program was done, we were asked to stand in a large circle around the room to sing Reverie. We were all able to assemble in place...except for one alumna member who must have been a 50-year member and was using a walker. She was trying her hardest to get up and join the group at the edge of the room but it was clear that she wasn't going to make it by the end of the song.

Imagine my pride when I saw a bunch of the brand new initiates from Delta Tau break formation and rearrange themselves towards the center of the room so this alumna could be a part of the circle without having to move.

I was standing between an alumna from USC and another alumna from Towson and we were all watching the same thing. Wouldn't you know it...all three of us started crying at the same time. It was just so touching. That's what sisterhood is to me.

I don't know if I'm even making sense right now, or if it was one of those moments where you just had to be there...but I'm getting all varklempt just recalling it. LOL

I love all my Alpha Gam sisters!
Old 04-06-2003, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Lisa Fishman
Maria, That was a beautiful story. I'm getting varklempt hearing about it! n Lisa
Old 04-07-2003, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

sniff sniff!

That was wonderful! I hope that they do that for me someday!
Old 04-29-2003, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

As some of you know, I belong to a local Alumnae Panhellenic Council. Using the new AGD Directory, I sent emails to AGD sisters who live nearby. Some I knew, most I don't.

I got an email today from a GA who lives in the subd. behind me! She can't come to our annual Cinco de Mayo party Sat. but maybe she can walk with me and other AGDs in the 4th of July parade!!

Can't wait to meet her!!
Old 08-06-2003, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Called around on recs for pnms...turns out one lives across the street from the AGD but the AGD didn't know the pnm was going to THAT college!!

We talked for over 1/2 hour, lol. Hope to meet soon.
Old 08-07-2003, 02:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaGammaAngel
I'm new to the forum and I've been going around reading the threads and that was the most touching thing that I have ever read. I always thought that the girls from other chapters would be so different from the chapter I joined. I had heard stories from some of my other greek friends who said they didn't get along with other chapters of their sorority, but I've been reading on here and I was in the chatroom earlier at 9 today and I feel at home here as much as I do with the sisters of my chapter. The sense of humor seems about the same and I found the "You know you're an Alpha Gam when..." very funny. I am very proud to be able to say that I am an Alpha Gamma Delta sister for life. L&L too my sisters all over.
Old 08-09-2003, 05:52 PM
GreekChat Member

As y'all know, I'm from Gamma Tau (WGa). Another AGD, from UGA, and I had been planning for the last 3 months to get together. So Thursday we are!! Also, I've been calling, and emailing the AGDs in my town. There are about 20 of us, at least. I've gotten verbal commitments from 3 or 4 and left messages for about 4. Everyone I've talked to seems soooo nice and I can't wait to meet them. I'm still kinda shy about calling people I don't know..even sisters, but hey, it's been fun!

As one said "But I don't know any one". I said "Neither do we yet, but no matter the ages, we seem to always find something to talk about!

Tell y'all more Thursday!!

LiEP,
Lynn