GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 300,301
Threads: 114,213
Posts: 2,151,533
Welcome to our newest member, xdsdad
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10-16-2016, 07:20 PM
ladybug12 ladybug12 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 471
I do not know the different quotas for all of the groups but Phi Mu's was 120 and they pledged 130.

Our local girls pledged Phi Mu, ChiO, KD, TriDelta, DG, Theta, ADPi, and Kappa (that I know of thus far). Congratulations to all!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-16-2016, 10:03 PM
Just interested Just interested is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 867
KD pledged 107 according to my peeps. (seems low to me) I do know we pledged 12 Texas girls including one of my all time favorite (I've know her since she was a collegian) alumna's daughter, so all is well.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-17-2016, 07:01 AM
FSUZeta FSUZeta is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: naples, florida
Posts: 14,989
Ole Miss was using a variable quota, so it's possible your numbers are correct.
__________________
I live in Fantasyland and I have waterfront property.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-17-2016, 12:18 PM
AZTheta's Avatar
AZTheta AZTheta is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 17 39' 3.312'' S 149 25' 33.7512'' W
Posts: 4,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by HottyToddy1 View Post
What was quota for each chapter? How many girls found a new home? Please post pics.
IIRC your daughter is a Tri Delta active at Ole Miss. Maybe she can help you out with the answers to your first two questions! And for pics, you can always search the webz

Lots of chatter about the variable quota, and the way the week went for both sides (actives and PNMs). IMO it will be a few years before we see any changes (if that).
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-17-2016, 03:38 PM
Bluebell4 Bluebell4 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 32
Variable Quota

Ole Miss did use variable quota. According to information I heard the quotas ranged from 101-160 depending on the pre-recruitment size of the chapter.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-17-2016, 04:47 PM
shadokat shadokat is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Reading, PA
Posts: 3,414
Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
My best friend's daughter, who I unsuccessfully tried to get a couple of recs for, and is from good old Bloomsburg Pennsylvania, is a proud new member of Pi Beta Phi.
__________________
Be a leader; Be Yourself; Be DPhiE - Esse Quam Videri
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-17-2016, 09:41 PM
HottyToddy1 HottyToddy1 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 29
Thanks AZthetha. I know that Try Delta had 108 new members but I didn't know the other groups and I didn't think to ask my daughter. She is worn out from a crazy week. You also have a great memory!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-18-2016, 09:03 AM
stef831 stef831 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
IIRC your daughter is a Tri Delta active at Ole Miss. Maybe she can help you out with the answers to your first two questions! And for pics, you can always search the webz

Lots of chatter about the variable quota, and the way the week went for both sides (actives and PNMs). IMO it will be a few years before we see any changes (if that).
University photo has some awesome pictures up - check out the links on their facebook page. I was so happy to go and share in Bid day for my daughter who is a Theta and this was her first rush from the other side. I know they took in an amazing new pledge class and the girls were super excited and came running home. My girl had a rush crush all week and was so happy when she came running home into her arms!! She also BTW I found out is a legacy - her mother, sister and aunt all Theta's - And she wants to be a cardiac pulmonary physician. Quite high aspirations for sure. It was an exciting and absolutely beautiful day!!! 2 of my friends daughters went KKG and DG- they were soooo happy!!!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-19-2016, 11:53 AM
AZTheta's Avatar
AZTheta AZTheta is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 17 39' 3.312'' S 149 25' 33.7512'' W
Posts: 4,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by HottyToddy1 View Post
Thanks AZthetha. I know that Try Delta had 108 new members but I didn't know the other groups and I didn't think to ask my daughter. She is worn out from a crazy week. You also have a great memory!
Yes indeed I have a phenomenal memory. It's not eidetic, though (thankfully) but it sure is close to that. My visual memory is super strong, especially for print. It gets tiresome at times, to be truthful. I wish I had a delete key for some of the stuff that pops up out of nowhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef831 View Post
University photo has some awesome pictures up - check out the links on their facebook page. I was so happy to go and share in Bid day for my daughter who is a Theta and this was her first rush from the other side. I know they took in an amazing new pledge class and the girls were super excited and came running home. My girl had a rush crush all week and was so happy when she came running home into her arms!! She also BTW I found out is a legacy - her mother, sister and aunt all Theta's - And she wants to be a cardiac pulmonary physician. Quite high aspirations for sure. It was an exciting and absolutely beautiful day!!! 2 of my friends daughters went KKG and DG- they were soooo happy!!!
Good to know you were able to see some of Ole Miss recruitment, stef; you have been a huge cheerleader for your daughter, especially since you weren't in an NPC sorority yourself in college. We don't always see that kind of enthusiasm and level of participation from parents! I imagine your daughter had all kinds of thoughts as she was experiencing recruitment as an active. Would enjoy hearing from her some day: because she went through COB at Ole Miss, she didn't get the full experience of Ole Miss formal recruitment as a PNM (which is not a bad thing at all, just different). Personally, I have no opinion on COB vs. FR. They both have their places in the system. YMMV.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-19-2016, 12:53 PM
OleMissGlitter OleMissGlitter is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,915
AOII's quota from what I was told was 130 and they pledged 137. Not sure what ADPi's quota was but their facebook page says 177. I heard everyone did very well. I think the variable quota or whatever it's called seemed to work at Ole Miss. I'm afraid having two children now I feel out of the loop. I was out of town for bid day and most of recruitment. Any hoo!

I wrote 8 recs, so far I've heard: 1 DG, 1 Theta, 2 Pi Phi....
__________________
Alpha Omicron Pi
Inspire Ambition
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 10-19-2016, 03:47 PM
stef831 stef831 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
Yes indeed I have a phenomenal memory. It's not eidetic, though (thankfully) but it sure is close to that. My visual memory is super strong, especially for print. It gets tiresome at times, to be truthful. I wish I had a delete key for some of the stuff that pops up out of nowhere!



Good to know you were able to see some of Ole Miss recruitment, stef; you have been a huge cheerleader for your daughter, especially since you weren't in an NPC sorority yourself in college. We don't always see that kind of enthusiasm and level of participation from parents! I imagine your daughter had all kinds of thoughts as she was experiencing recruitment as an active. Would enjoy hearing from her some day: because she went through COB at Ole Miss, she didn't get the full experience of Ole Miss formal recruitment as a PNM (which is not a bad thing at all, just different). Personally, I have no opinion on COB vs. FR. They both have their places in the system. YMMV.
I have asked her to reply here and to share her story and i am hoping she will. She does have a unique perspective for sure on recruitment having been thru a colonization process and COB- She did have tons of fun on Bid day and got the girl she had her eye on all week long. She has gained so much from Theta already improving her self confidence and is working to become alot more active in the sorority over this next year.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-19-2016, 05:35 PM
stef831 stef831 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 70
So I just heard from my daughter....and she FINALLY posted her recruitment story after all my nagging, lol!! Please go check it out. She gives some great insight. Thank you all so much for all the positive encouragement along the way. I have learned so much about this process and am happy that she can finally share her story with all of you.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-25-2016, 04:56 PM
OleMissGlitter OleMissGlitter is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleMissGlitter View Post
AOII's quota from what I was told was 130 and they pledged 137. Not sure what ADPi's quota was but their facebook page says 177. I heard everyone did very well. I think the variable quota or whatever it's called seemed to work at Ole Miss. I'm afraid having two children now I feel out of the loop. I was out of town for bid day and most of recruitment. Any hoo!

I wrote 8 recs, so far I've heard: 1 DG, 1 Theta, 2 Pi Phi....
AOII's quota was actually 131 and we had 6 Quota Additions....
__________________
Alpha Omicron Pi
Inspire Ambition
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-25-2016, 05:23 PM
Bluebell4 Bluebell4 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 32
Recommendation results

Finally heard from the last of the 12 girls I wrote recs for.....

KD - 1
KKG - 2
ADPi ` 3
PiPhi - 2
DG- 1
KAT - 1
Aphi - 1

1 dropped out of recruitment.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-01-2016, 01:57 AM
hannah2 hannah2 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 8
There were four different quotas and chapters were assigned based upon their size going into recruitment. The decision/vote was for 2016. If it is considered again, the collegiate chapters would have to vote again. It was successful at Ole Miss as it did help bring about parity within panhellenic. If the smaller groups COB this semester and in the spring, it may not be necessary to consider something this drastic again.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Miss America 2016 Griffins&Quills Entertainment 185 09-12-2016 09:52 AM
Charlotte Panhellenic - Sorority Recruitment Info Event 3/13/2016 PKTKKG Sorority Recruitment 0 02-23-2016 07:09 PM
Miss Universe 2016 honeychile Entertainment 17 12-23-2015 03:15 PM
Preparing to go through Recruitment in Fall 2016 at Ole Miss NW2016 Introductions 5 08-24-2015 03:05 PM
Any initial numbers on Ole Miss sorority recruitment yet? nolesmom2011 Sorority Recruitment 0 10-01-2011 04:59 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.