GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,149
1 members and 1,148 guests
Low D Flat

Old 05-08-2014, 10:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
Walking on the east side and overheard a couple trying to figure out my letters spelled.

They concluded my shirt said "Sigma Kappa." Then I realized they were talking about a girl wearing a SK hoodie a few paces ahead of us all. LOL
Speaking of Real Housewives and letters, a few months back Heather from Real Housewives of Orange County, posted a photo on Twitter of her in a Sigma Delta Tau shirt while she was an undergrad at Syracuse University.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:27 AM
GreekChat Member

One of my littles works at a local craft store, and spotted an unknown Beta Sigma Phi sister entering the store wearing a white satin line jacket with gold BSF letters. She greeted her and they had a nice chat . It turned out that the sister was from Pomona, CA and has been in BSF for many years.

Old 05-08-2014, 12:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw a girl with Delta Phi Epsilon letters on a jacket in the mall last week.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

On my drive from Clemson to Rhode Island I saw a DST license plate holder, an Omega Psi Phi license plate holder, a vanity front plate that said NUPE, and an Auburn ZTA car sticker.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

My brother was driving from New Mexico to Louisiana and on a whim detoured past President Bush's ranch. On a fence post near by the entrance drive were the Greek letters DKE. He said he nearly wrecked the car when he saw the letters and was tempted to drive in and ask if this was the DEKE house?
I said he should have, since President Bush was also president of the Phi chapter as an undergraduate.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Greeks at Graduation

At my boyfriend's (who is a Delta Tau Delta) graduation from graduate school last weekend I saw stoles for Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha Omicron Pi, and Sigma Gamma Rho. I also saw an Alpha Kappa Alpha who had decorated her cap in really cute pink and green letters.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:42 AM
GreekChat Member

The very old Filipina lady who cleans our office was wearing a Delta Sigma Theta t-shirt the other day.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Nice weather has recently afforded me walks and drives through local towns and villages, where I sometimes look for symbols of fraternal life used as home decorations. A rather large and flat outdoor compass symbol on the front of a home garnered interest today, remindful of Theta Phi Alpha ladies fraternity.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:32 PM
Banned

I'm watching an episode of "I Killed My BFF" on LMN.

It is based on two pledge brothers (in the 1980s??) of Sigma Phi Kappa who begin stealing to make money for the fraternity. This episode spent a lot of time talking about pledge brother and fraternity antics. They used phrases like "frat house" a lot.

One of the pledge brothers became president of the campus IFC. Every time they showed the fraternity letters, the "sigma" was backwards. This made me think they are talking about Phi Sigma Kappa and were advised to disguise as Sigma (backwards) Phi Kappa.

Of course, it could be another NIC fraternity altogether.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

Saw a Sigma Delta Tau sweatshirt on a woman walking near my house. I was driving, and smiled at her, and wished I knew an NPC handsign to give her.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

In Chicago over the past two weeks chaperoning a school trip. We were staying right downtown in the vicinity of Columbia (no Greek life), DePaul, and Roosevelt (as well as a number of smaller colleges).

Spotted (thatI remember): girl in an Alpha Phi, Iota Eta chapter shirt, woman with a Delta Sigma Theta 100 years tote...and I know I saw a bunch of others but I can't remember
Old 05-18-2014, 04:55 PM
Banned

Met a nice woman when walking out of church. I told her I liked her dress and purse (I had noticed the dress and purse throughout the service) and when we walked to our cars it turned out she was parked beside me and had noticed my Delta tags (she got to church late ). She yelled "Hi Soror! I was wondering who that was beside me!" We did our Soror introductions, realized we know the same Sorors and drove off.

My friend is a deacon at another church. His daughter is a Zeta. He wants us to have lunch when she's home from college this summer. I like Zetas so I promised to not give her a hard time when we have lunch.

Last edited by DrPhil; 05-18-2014 at 04:59 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Saw a car with Kappa Sigma letters and a High Point University sticker parked on my street the other day and American flag-printed Gamma Phi letters and an Alpha Phi hat at the Red Sox game last night.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw a water bottle in my gym locker room with my letters on it. But I don't think any of my sisters are members! Maybe a relative or friend of theirs took their bottle? :P

Also, in Vlog #54 of The LaVigne Life, Jerry's sister Tasha can be seen wearing a DST shirt.

I've also seen Kappa Alpha Psi and Tau Kappa Epsilon license plate frames on cars in my gym parking lot. One time one of my high school students even wore an Alpha Sigma Phi shirt!

Last edited by seaquin; 07-03-2014 at 11:11 PM.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I was in outerbanks the past few week and I saw a kappa alpha psi license plate frame and a sigma alpha iota sticker on a car while going shopping!