GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,327
0 members and 2,327 guests
No Members online

Old 02-04-2016, 07:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool Just transferred

So I was part of a Colony of a fraternity, I was on E-board and was part of it for a year and went to national conferences and all those fun things. I just transferred to a school that has a chapter of my fraternity. I tried going to rush events(which went well) and talking with their recruitment chairs(but was ignored). I've had several of their alumni, as well as alumni that were in charge of my fraternity on the national level contact them and put in a good word. And the only thing I heard back was a "How did you like the events?".

I love my fraternity but I feel so disrespected by them to be flat out ignored. I wasn't sure if I should keep trying to get in contact with them or try next semester, or if I should disaffiliate and try joining another fraternity that I have some friends in.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-04-2016, 08:10 PM

Did you initiate into the fraternity?
Old 02-04-2016, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguy12 View Post
Hey yall,

I need some advice, I am currently a Greek member that initiated at another university than the one I am in right now. I was part of the Exec board, and also very active back in my old university. I have been in that fraternity for 2 years. I had to transfer recently because of a full ride merit scholarship I got. Here is the problem, my chapter in my current university refuses to allow me to affiliate. This wouldn't be a problem, and I'm not really pushy, its their choice after all, I don't blame them, but I have effectively been ignored by all the brothers. I was really into Greek life back in my old school, and I still keep in touch with all my brothers back home. Now that I am not in Greek life anymore I feel kind of a void, and at a new university, although I have made a lot of friends outside Greek life, and a lot of friends at another Greek organization on campus, many of which have told me to affiliate with them, although I wouldn't want to do that. There is a new chapter starting on campus and I am torn between dropping my letters and joining them, or continue not to be affiliated with any organization on campus. I understand the oaths I made during initiation, and I respect them greatly, that is why I am so hesitant about dropping, but I am missing such a fun part about college that I was used to and loved. I just wanted some advice on what I should do.

PS: There is no way that the chapter here will even think about letting me join, they simply ignore me now.

Thanks Greek chat!

Are person12 and thisguy12 the same poster?

True and Constant