GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 296,952
Threads: 114,108
Welcome to our newest member, amilesquasd840

Old 07-09-2002, 11:59 AM
Ginger

pretty much anything that that uses the word "hootchie"

If we're dressing up kinda slutty for the bars, we're getting "Hootchie-fied"

If we see some girl we don't like dressed all slutty, she's "hootchie-licious" or a "hootchie-mama"

Also, any form of "skank"... my favourite is the term that has been coined for the groups of freshman girls that float around at some of the parties - "skanksville" or "skankstown"

For some reason I don't understand, we tend to call each other "ho" or "wife" if we're roommates.

(We're really not sluts, I promise....for some reason all of our slang just seems to revolve around this )

Kind of an old one, but "macking" - a guy usually making an idiot of himself trying to hit on an uninterested girl

Random, sketchy, and "that guy/girl" are classics!
Old 07-09-2002, 01:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
we use some of the standards:

shady....2 versions: "Dude, that guy was shady"or "are you going shady tonight" (meaning, are you going not all primped up)

random...as in "ew, that girl is random, why is she here?"

APPARENTLY...normally the start of a scentance when you want to emphize something that isn't normal happened. "APPARENTLY she went home with him."

Dude....my sister's are dude's i don't know why. we all refer to each other as dude.

yo y'all....a greeting that is a combination of southern and northern phrases.

NOOOO....monica's no from friends

floopy.....a phoebeism, something that is totally out of oder or if your hair is messed up.

stop being pink....pm me for that one

stunck...to be stoned and drunk "i was so stunck last night!"

snig.....a cigarette "can i have a snig?"
Old 07-09-2002, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Chopper time - 15 minuts late

zeta - pecking order - goes by initiation date. Not really kosher with IHQ, but screw em.

Flour Bluff - A house party

Buck-o-five - Skinny guy or girl

Wife Beater - Undershirt/Tank top type

Blue Quail - Lone Star light, used to have a quail on the can

Rent is due and Brian cant pay - Lets pitch in for beer

Everything - When you see soemone who is the worst sterotype of your hometown and EVERYTHING that is wrong with it or that you hate about it, "they are everything."

FNJ's - Fu*king New Guys

Gert - Short for cigerette

Hopper - Short for Chopper Hopper or a girl that has been with more than a few brothers

The big one going around in house right now is "hey let me go to the fridge and pour you a tall frosty glass of shut the fu*k up."

Last edited by lifesaver; 07-09-2002 at 08:19 PM.
Old 07-09-2002, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

"Yeah, so I chewed off my hand....." = I am starving!

"Purple dove flies at midnight" (over the intercom) = If you wanna smoke, we'll be on the back porch.

"...Except not at all" = As in "Oh my God, that test was so easy.... except not at all."

Kinky-ass Ho = This one has a story behind it. My roommie and I were at Phi Kappa Tau for a party and this guy was talking about his girlfriend. We asked where she was and he said she didn't party but that she was cool in other ways because she was one "kinky-ass ho" So now we use that term all the time.

Trash = my favorite word ever... can be used in so many situations: "He is such trash," "This is a bunch of trash," "I feel like trash"

Shacked = Slept over somewhere

"Did you say he was from Toledo?" = Any reference to Toledo, Ohio means I think that person is trash.

Trailer park = trashy... as in "My hair is looking pretty trailer park, I really need to touch up my roots."

Soldja = person who can hold their liquor

Smitten kitten = Generally when someone has a crush, is in love, etc. "Well aren't you such the smitten kitten?"

Ummm... yeah = when there's dead silence.... kinda break it up with an "ummm... yeah"

Ass goblin = player

"Why do you talk?" = that was the dumbest thing I have ever heard

Ass cold = "It's ass cold outside" - damn cold, freezing, etc.

I know there are plenty more, but that's all I can think of at the moment.
Old 07-10-2002, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, we all basically use the same terms, but here are a few that were common in my chapter:

ruckus: usually screeched in a high voice, used when we were being loud and someone else didn't appreciate it

r-stamp: something or someone is unacceptable, so they get the rejected stamp, shortened to r-stamp

always pay more: my big sis and I used "Why Pay More?" brand fruit punch as a mixer once, and we got really sick, so we learned to always pay more for the brand name

note to self: a reminder, as in, "Note to self: never buy Why Pay More? fruit punch again."
Old 07-10-2002, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I still use the word jank

My favorite word regoddamndiculous (re-god-damn-diculos)
Old 07-10-2002, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PurdueGirlie
"Purple dove flies at midnight" (over the intercom) = If you wanna smoke, we'll be on the back porch.

That is hilarious!!
Old 07-10-2002, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAngel126
lol we had a few that were used to the point of exhaustion around my parts...lets see there was...

"that is SO poverty"...can apply to anything or anything (might i add, that was started be a 26 y/o theta xi alumni, not some valley girl)

"yeah, only...".. like 'did you do good on that test?'..yeah, only not so much... etc

"not so much" was a huge one

"that makes me very nervous"

"the taxi"... where are you guys going?? "to ride the taxi" (i.e...over to theta xi)

as for just words:
-Rocked was a big one (very drunk)
baked, blasted, slammed, fookered up...wasted, trashed..

people said "madd" a lot..like 'that party was madd crazy'

2.2 was an infamous one...but is it ever EVER true?? lol...

"right on" and "rock on" were big..

"All-Star" = usually translates to "ho"...theta xi allstars have slept with 5 or more active brothers...petty, i know, but youll have that

"youll have that" .. as i just demonstrated

"Fantastic...And how!!"

"ROLL CALL" - - no matter what part of any given semester

...there are so many more, but im taking up a lot of space... so ill come back with a second edition soon
Old 07-10-2002, 05:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAngel126
my bad...THE number one MOST popular OVERused phrase is *drumroll please*

"you shouldn't call your fraternity a frat..you wouldn't call your country a cunt"
Old 07-10-2002, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

"Um, yeah" and "Not so much" all the time!

"Alpha Chi moment" This was from when the four of us were in my car and my sister Elizabeth mentioned how her ex was invited to Alpha Chi Arrested.
Us: Who what huh? Alpha Chi...Omega??
E: That's what they go by. Alpha Chi. My mom's an Alpha Chi. That's what they call themselves. Anyway, he tells me this and I...
Us: What?! But they're A Chi O!
E: Nope. So back to my ex...
Us: But how can this be? Has it always been like this?
E: Yes. Now back to my story. Can you believe he...
Us: No, this is weird. Alpha Chi? Are you serious?
E: Yes, I'm serious. Alpha Chi. Get over it. Back to the story! He mentioned to me how he was invited to Alpha Chi Arrested and...
Us: Wait a minute! That's our date function! Pi Phi Arrested!
E: Oh my God. Please stop.

So now whenever we go off on a tangent (which is every conversation, basically) it's an Alpha Chi moment.

"Drinking takes away things like illnesses
and problems
and standards
and motor skills
and eyesight
and sometimes memory"

I quote E's fave part from "The Mexican"..."Is that my jacket?" And then she finishes, "What is WRONG with you people?"

wrecking I-Order

in the middle of a small crisis..."That's too bad. Let's go to Coldstone!"

"That's outta control!" on everything

"Had to be Pi Phi." When something goes wrong.

"Heeeeeeeeey!" when they're making fun of how cheesily I greet people

"Fraternal secrecy is above the law!" when we talk about what can be hidden in the Pi Phi Only room.

Last edited by ROWDYsister; 07-10-2002 at 11:54 PM.
Old 07-11-2002, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

I love Cold Stone....really I hate because it's fattening but it tastes sooooooooooooo GOOD!!!
Old 07-11-2002, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nwsigkap
our sayings

Ha ha! These are so funny! We seem to use a lot of the same ones like scandalous, not so much, note to self, and a bunch of the others, but here is some of our more unique ones...

"He wants to bite your butt (accompanied with laughter)"
....we use this to make fun of someone when they get back to the group after they just escaped from being hit on by a very stupid guy. It all stems from one night when a not so hot guy came up to a sister and flat out said..."you have such a nice ass. i just want to bite your butt."

"sausage fest"
...as betarulz said it's a party where the guy to girl ratio is about 10-1. we also use the female version...donout party.

"hoodrat hoodrat hoochiemama alert!"
...when a totally skanked out (definition coming) girl starts dancing with some of our guy friends at the bar.

"you look like a freshman" or "lets have a freshman night"
...at our school you can get into the bars when you're 19, and you can always pick the freshman out since they tend to overdress. basically these terms mean you are way overdressed for where we're going, or lets get really dressed up when we go out tonight.

"sigma kappa time"
...10-15 minutes late

"katie time"
...30-45 minutes late, named after the sister who is always running so late that we have to fib to her about what time we're leaving.

"rowdy"
...used several different ways. "That's rowdy"=awesome "They're getting rowdy over there"=major groping/making out, and sex is sure to follow.

"tag"
...=sex. this one was one I brought from my hometown and has started to catch on. used as "we taged last night"

"roberta did it"
...supposoudly the dorm where all of Northwest's sororities live is haunted by a girl who died in the dorm. if something strange or freakish happens (a picture falling off the wall, lights dimming for a couple seconds, shower water going cold, etc.), we blame it on roberta.

**other ways to speak sig kap....**

*add skank to any word or phrase, even when it doesn't make sense. examples:
-that girl is skanked out...basically a chick dressing and acting like a ho
-you're such a skank ho...=you're a dumbass.

And the way you can always pick us out...
**turn common statements into questions. we do this by saying "true or false?" before a statement, or "How _____is that?!" With true or false you are usually being very sarcastic. examples....

"True or false? That test just sucked ass."
...that test sucked ass

"How fun is that!?"
...that is fun.

I could go on and on forever about more sayings, but I think that's enough for today!
Old 07-11-2002, 01:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
originally posted by UF56
I love Cold Stone....really I hate because it's fattening but it tastes sooooooooooooo GOOD!!!
Oh, God, I love it, too. It's like a drug. Don't you hate it when you go at random times and it's STILL packed? It's like a fraternity party. We go between dinner and chapter almost every week, or whenever we think of it. It's so sad, the other day I had the worst craving and actually looked up other Coldstone locations and got so excited when I saw they have one in Miami. Only...not so much...it's still in construction.

Quote:
originally posted by nwsigkap
"sausage fest" ...as betarulz said it's a party where the guy to girl ratio is about 10-1. we also use the female version...donout party.
Donut party?! Too funny! We use "Chick Fest" when there are too many girls, and "Sausage Fest" for lots of guys...I use "Sword Fight" sometimes.

Quote:
"hoodrat hoodrat hoochiemama alert!"...when a totally skanked out (definition coming) girl starts dancing with some of our guy friends at the bar.
Is that in reference to the 69 Boys song? I've always wondered what that line is..."She ain't nothin but a hoochie mama..." Hoodrat...I thought it was either "hump that" or "hung right"

Quote:
*add skank to any word or phrase, even when it doesn't make sense. examples:
-that girl is skanked out...basically a chick dressing and acting like a ho -you're such a skank ho...=you're a dumbass.
My friends Danielle and Amandine have this thing that when they argue they resort to name calling. They take turns..."Skank" "Ho" "Slut" "Tramp" and so on, and whoever gets to say "Trick" wins!

Quote:
"rowdy" ...used several different ways. "That's rowdy"=awesome "They're getting rowdy over there"=major groping/making out, and sex is sure to follow.
Good both ways!

I'm just commenting on everything...I'm bored. It's 1:30 am and I'm doing my online traffic course.
Old 07-11-2002, 03:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDambular
Quote:
Originally posted by queequek
Hmm ...

We use "Powdonk" as hillbilies. I think that's an Iowan slang, so that's not original.

Also, we use "SCORE" while tallying one on the air, meaning we're "scoring" someone (if you know what I mean)

The original one is "the ROMANS", refering people from dorms. As we're Greek community here, "the Romans" community always try to compete Greeks in everything - homecoming, VEISHEA (ISU celebration) etc, but usually end up with losing tournaments or cancelling skit or whatever ... too bad for all of us, I guess.
LOL! I saw VEISHEA and was like whoa...then I realized it was queequek!

I've acquired the terms shady and sketchy this past summer.

girls in my house tend to do the "be ready in .05 seconds alot" (yeah right)

we are in iowa, so we're a little behind sometimes! lol
Old 07-11-2002, 03:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDambular
I thought of another one! SORRY! lol
my house tends to run late wherever we go (it drive me insane!) But we always say we're running "KD time" hehe