GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 308,657
Threads: 114,863
Posts: 2,159,967
Welcome to our newest member, ioruielu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 01-15-2015, 04:06 PM
als463 als463 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen's Revenge View Post
I read what you posted. It was pretty interesting. If you can share this, then I'd like to ask about the people being expelled from their organizations. You stated that some people were not expelled from their organizations based on their positions in the organizations or the "political heft of their chapters of initiation" in the post. You then talked about people stealing from their organizations overall. Were these national news stories or were you referencing the show? When you talked about some being expelled and others not being removed from the organization, were you talking about this specific show or something in the media regarding other organizations? I think I may know what organization you were talking about, if it is not associated with this actual show, regarding stealing from the entire organization. In fact, there was a thread on here about that somewhere. Were these ladies on the show in prestigious positions within their organizations or were you just saying that overall with organizations nationwide?
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-15-2015, 04:32 PM
Sen's Revenge Sen's Revenge is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
I read what you posted. It was pretty interesting. If you can share this, then I'd like to ask about the people being expelled from their organizations. You stated that some people were not expelled from their organizations based on their positions in the organizations or the "political heft of their chapters of initiation" in the post. You then talked about people stealing from their organizations overall. Were these national news stories or were you referencing the show? When you talked about some being expelled and others not being removed from the organization, were you talking about this specific show or something in the media regarding other organizations? I think I may know what organization you were talking about, if it is not associated with this actual show, regarding stealing from the entire organization. In fact, there was a thread on here about that somewhere. Were these ladies on the show in prestigious positions within their organizations or were you just saying that overall with organizations nationwide?
I was speaking broadly about various incidents that were reported in news outlets over the past decade and comparing those incidents to what was seen on the show, which was innocuous in comparison.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-15-2015, 05:03 PM
als463 als463 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen's Revenge View Post
I was speaking broadly about various incidents that were reported in news outlets over the past decade and comparing those incidents to what was seen on the show, which was innocuous in comparison.
Oh, okay. Thanks. I wasn't certain but, you definitely raised some good points. I don't want to tell other people how they should feel about their organizations being represented on television but, I did not view the women on the show to be that outrageous. In all actuality, I saw intelligent businesswomen making a living. If you write any more blogs regarding NPHC as an insider (member of a BGLO), I'd like to read them. Please post more.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-19-2015, 03:33 PM
navane navane is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,339
Shanna McCormick gives a shout out to Sen on her blog and explains her experiences:

http://www.shannamccormick.com/%E2%8...ace__privilege
__________________
GFB Z
Gamma Phi Beta

Connect. Impact. Shine.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-19-2015, 05:54 PM
Sen's Revenge Sen's Revenge is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
Shanna McCormick gives a shout out to Sen on her blog and explains her experiences:

http://www.shannamccormick.com/%E2%8...ace__privilege


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 01-19-2015, 06:50 PM
als463 als463 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,621
For the most part, other than the shade she threw at some of the ladies at her calendar event, I thought Shanna acted appropriately. She, along with many of the other ladies, never really did anything that seemed horrible or unacceptable. Did they ever air the season/ series finale? It showed that it would be coming up but, then my DVR didn't record it.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-19-2015, 08:01 PM
DrPhil DrPhil is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 14,505
White members.

A relative rarity.

Still a reality.

Moving on.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-21-2015, 02:31 AM
AXiD SmileyFace AXiD SmileyFace is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 35
I haven't watched this show because I don't have cable and frankly I don't think it would be all that enlightening for me personally. However I did run across this on Madame Noire and thought you all might find it interesting. Basically Delta Sigma Theta has expelled their members who participated on the show.

http://madamenoire.com/504796/delta-...ers-castmates/
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-21-2015, 03:48 AM
StealthMode StealthMode is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: in the Cali sun!
Posts: 1,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
White members.

A relative rarity.

Still a reality.

Moving on.
I met a White soror for the first time on Founders Day. It was like finding a unicorn. Love her just the same.
__________________
"You're adorable. " ~ DrPhil

All of my love, my peace, and happiness...I'm gonna give it to DELTA.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-22-2015, 09:31 PM
robinseggblue robinseggblue is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXiD SmileyFace View Post
I haven't watched this show because I don't have cable and frankly I don't think it would be all that enlightening for me personally. However I did run across this on Madame Noire and thought you all might find it interesting. Basically Delta Sigma Theta has expelled their members who participated on the show.

http://madamenoire.com/504796/delta-...ers-castmates/
Heard about this through my mom who has been following it because she is a Delta. I may be in a minority but I feel bad for them. My opinion doesn't matter tho... I’m not a Delta.
__________________
Alpha Delta Pi
First. Finest. Forever.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-22-2015, 10:48 PM
AXiD SmileyFace AXiD SmileyFace is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 35
^^^ In college I had a good handful of friends who were members of BLGOs and the were all very cool and respectable. I also worked with a Delta for about 3 years who was very loud and proud of her org! Now that you mention it though I do feel bad for the members who were booted even if I kind of also feel that they should have known better or at least known that this was not the best way to represent their organizations. I'm pretty active with my alumni chapter and I would be devastated if one day my membership was revoked. It is a pretty sad situation all around.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-17-2018, 10:53 AM
LaneSig LaneSig is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dallas
Posts: 4,099
https://www.courthousenews.com/soror...y-ousted-star/

Sorority Depicted on VH1 Show Faces Suit by Ousted Star

"A woman kicked out of her historically black sorority claims in a federal complaint that the group did nothing stop an internet backlash fueled by her participation in a short-lived VH1 reality show.

“Sorority Sisters” was canceled just one month after its Dec. 15, 2014, premiere, but plaintiff Priyanka Banks says in a Jan. 11 complaint that her sorority’s reaction to the program left lasting scars.

Represented by Manhattan attorney Hernandez Rhau, Banks brought her complaint in the Eastern District of New York against Delta Sigma Theta."
__________________
Sigma Chi. Friendship, Justice, and Learning since 1855.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sorority Sisters..the novel TRUE ZETA Zeta Phi Beta 23 09-11-2002 09:28 AM
Y&R: TV sisters and sorority sisters, too CutiePie2000 Sigma Gamma Rho 3 07-09-2002 09:17 PM
Sorority Sisters Dvus4ever Alpha Kappa Alpha 2 05-14-2001 04:39 PM
Sorority Sisters BCNUQT Greek Life 0 08-28-2000 10:58 PM
new book: sorority sisters elboogie Greek Life 9 06-21-2000 01:17 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.