GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,426
3 members and 1,423 guests
aantonygooglet9, John

Old 11-11-2014, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpipes View Post
Problem is, they've just about run out of sororities.
Imagine a scenario where a campus has all 26 NPC sororities and still can't/won't achieve a high(er) placement rate.

True and Constant
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-11-2014, 10:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Good call -- OSU and Miami are more like IU.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:14 PM

It's deferred, but I don't believe Miami OH functions without RFM/quota.

Lakers Nation.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

IU is the only school in the country that operates with no campus total for chapters and where quota is set by each chapter not by the number of PNMs attending preference/signing MRABAs. Although I hear rumblings that some changes may be in the works for the following year.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low D Flat View Post
Good call -- OSU and Miami are more like IU.
No, they aren't. Both OSU and U of Miami (OH) have campus totals. If you don't have a good working knowledge of how IU recruitment operates, you cannot compare it to other schools.

Sorry for the double post, folks. I just saw the quoted comment and couldn't let it go.

Last edited by IndianaSigKap; 12-28-2014 at 09:46 PM.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:43 PM

^^^Which means that folks who aren't Greek and don't actually know what they're talking about should think before they post!

Lakers Nation.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Do each of the chapters "turn in" an official quota number to the CPC prior to, or sometime during, recruitment?
Old 12-28-2014, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSteven View Post
Do each of the chapters "turn in" an official quota number to the CPC prior to, or sometime during, recruitment?
Yes, there is a date by which all chapters must turn in their individual chapter quota to Panhellenic. It is usually in the late fall.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Look back at post #42. I asked:

Quote:
Are there any other big deferred recruitments at schools that are NOT academic elites? Maybe SMU or Maryland, but they are still a lot more selective than IU.
Others pointed out that OSU and Miami fall into this category of big deferred recruitments at non-elite schools, which makes them like IU in the limited sense that I explicitly asked about. My post #47 was agreeing with the suggestion that OSU and Miami share those qualities with IU. I didn't say they were like IU in every way.

Quote:
^^Which means that folks who aren't Greek and don't actually know what they're talking about should think before they post!
Maybe folks who haven't read the previous page of the thread should look at the context of a statement before jumping to conclusions.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Others pointed out that OSU and Miami fall into this category of big deferred recruitments at non-elite schools, which makes them like IU in the limited sense that I explicitly asked about. My post #47 was agreeing with the suggestion that OSU and Miami share those qualities with IU. I didn't say they were like IU in every way.

Maybe folks who haven't read the previous page of the thread should look at the context of a statement before jumping to conclusions.
Well, since I graduated not once but twice from a non-elite school in the Big Ten that explains why I can't be bothered to read a post from the previous page.

On another note, why does everyone have the impression that IU is so freakin' easy to get into? As someone who helps students apply for colleges, it is in the top half of the Big Ten as far as admissions standards. There are quite a few schools in the Big Ten which are much easier to get into than IU and don't have some of the top business and music schools in the country. And the Big Ten is known as an academic conference. So being in the top half of it, sounds pretty good.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
No, they aren't. Both OSU and U of Miami (OH) have campus totals. If you don't have a good working knowledge of how IU recruitment operates, you cannot compare it to other schools.

Sorry for the double post, folks. I just saw the quoted comment and couldn't let it go.
To clarify, tOSU used to have an oddball system but in no way was it ever like IU nor did it ever have a bed total. No matter how many girls went through, total would be 100 and quota would be 25.

About 5 years ago, things changed and they are using RFM. Each semester, PHA sets a total and any chapter below total can COR. After Formal last spring, total was 157 (quota was in the mid 50s). I think fall total was 132 and only a handful of chapters participated in COR. Gamma Phi, who colonized last year, took total + 14 seniors. PHA allowed them to take the extra 14 since they wouldn't have
received bids.

Right now, about 1500 girls have signed up and it's very possible that total will be 180-185 after recruitment.

BTW...thank you for the insult Low D Flat.

Last edited by Benzgirl; 12-29-2014 at 10:22 AM.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

No "maybe" here: you really need to stay out of Indiana recruitment threads. You are not helpful. Please restrain yourself and post on something where you can share your brilliancy with the rest of us dullards.

Remember, you can be right - or you can be happy. Your persistence is not to your advantage. In other words, cut your losses.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Here, here!
Old 12-29-2014, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Please do tell what you consider an "elite" school Low D. Also please tell me everything there is to know about Big Ten recruitments..I must have missed your affiliation to Greek Life and the Big Ten for you to be so knowledgeable about the subject!
Old 12-29-2014, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Wait, Low D is an expert on the SEC and even schools in Connecticut from what I recall. The Big Ten too? Damn!

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06