GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,140
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zolivilittlez29
» Online Users: 964
3 members and 961 guests
g41965, navane

Old 08-27-2014, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I've gotten that kind of service buying a suit at Nordstrom, but I got really spoiled having "my" tailor (all of my friends had one) in Dubai who could duplicate anything, and fix the fit in the process. Having your waist at your waist and your shoulders at your shoulders shouldn't have to be a luxury.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Go for it, girl! What's important is not your size (though some chapters do make cuts based on that, unfortunately) but your confidence level and like others have said, your attire.

Just make sure you look and feel great and go in with your head held high. You will find a home
Old 08-27-2014, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveMaroon View Post
As a woman who has been a variety of sizes I will add my two cents. Learn early that if your clothes don't fit perfectly off the rack, it doesn't mean something is wrong with you. Don't settle for something that covers you, it needs to fit and flatter. Fit your toughest area, and tailor from there.

I learned this in my 20s. I had gone shopping with my father, who was looking for a new suit. He stepped into the men's department at Macy's and was greeted within 10 seconds by a salesman. He told the man he wanted a charcoal gray with subtle pinstripe. The guy eyeballed him, picked three suits in his size and had the seamstress waiting for him when Dad stepped out of the dressing room. She marked up the suit, and we were good to go.

That caliber of service has happened for me...never.

It was then that I realized a good seamstress isn't a luxury, it's a necessity.

I'll get off my soapbox.
Ugh, this is why I HATE vanity sizing in women's clothing! In some stories I'm a small, in others a large. It's so bizarre. And don't get me started on jeans...
Old 08-28-2014, 06:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynter View Post
Ugh, this is why I HATE vanity sizing in women's clothing! In some stories I'm a small, in others a large. It's so bizarre. And don't get me started on jeans...
Oh, yeah! I'm about 20 pounds more than I was in college. I wore a 6 or an 8 then. I wear a 4 or a 6 now. Really?????