GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 297,171
Threads: 114,113
Welcome to our newest member, banesscahvs1222

Old 09-12-2013, 02:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Philanthropy ended and tomorrow is pref. so excited to hear more!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Same here...hope all is going well
Old 09-12-2013, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry about the wait, guys! She got back late last night and I had class today, but here is what happened yesterday!

Girls could be asked back to up to 8 houses. Her schedule for philanthropy round looked like this:

Lily
Patrice
Wendy the Waitress
Ranjit
Zoey

She was upset that she was cut pretty bad compared to others (though one girl in her recruitment group got cut really badly, and only had 2 left on her schedule). She was upset she was cut from The Mother, a little sad that she was cut from Marvin (her legacy house) and REALLY upset to have Patrice still on her schedule! DAMMIT, PATRICE! What was up with them?!

This was how the round went:

Ranjit - Loves their philanthropy!!! Their video was heartwarming and their craft was SO fun. Every day she was growing to love Ranjit more and more!

Lily - She seriously adores their philanthropy, because it is so close to her heart. She again had amazing conversations and everything felt right about Lily. She knows she wants to be a Lily. There are no questions about it.

Patrice - She finally was paired with someone else today. But even though the girl was much nicer than the other girl, she still felt out of place and like she wouldn’t be happy at a Patrice.

Wendy the Waitress
- She said that the girls were so passionate about their philanthropy and she had an awesome time talking with the Wendy’s. She said she absolutely considered them her second favorite, behind Lily. She wanted to be invited to their Pref party!!!

Zoey - She again had SUCH a great time at their house. She loved learning about their philanthropy and talking with the girls.

She had trouble ranking her bottom 2 because she loved all of the chapters except for Patrice. But finally she decided on this rank:

Top 3:
1. Lily
2. Wendy the Waitress
3. Ranjit

Bottom 2:
4. Zoey
5. Patrice
I should be getting a call from her anytime now telling me who she has for pref!!!!! The PNMs get their schedules at 12:30 their time.
🌙
BGSU
Old 09-12-2013, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Can't wait to hear more ... (except NO "Dammit Patrice").
Old 09-12-2013, 08:35 PM

Here's hoping she gets a full pref schedule and no Patrice - Patrice just keeps turning up like a bad penny!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Abby picked up her pref invitations earlier today and told me that she saw three names through the paper. She was excited to get a full schedule this round! But when she opened the paper, her heart dropped. It said:

Ranjit
Zoey
Wendy the Waitress

She called me, SOBBING. Lily had dropped her! Her favorite house, her favorite girls, her favorite philanthropy…gone. She knew the three houses that she got were great houses (and she was so glad Patrice finally dropped her), but she had it in her mind that she would get a bid from Lily and live happily ever after. She told me she didn’t want to be anything but a Lily, but I told her not to drop from recruitment. I told her to continue on with an open mind. She ultimately agreed, and told me she would go fix her make-up and go to her parties.

Ranjit - She said she had a lovely time at their pref party. She said the stories they told and speeches they made were heartwarming and genuine. She could tell their sisterhood was strong, but she didn’t feel like they were her sisters. They felt like friends…and she wanted the bond of sisterhood.

Zoey
- She again had a good time. She said the girl who rushed her treated her so kindly and told her that she'd love to see her on bid day. But sadly Abby knew Zoey wasn’t for her. She liked the girls and knew they’d do well with numbers, but she just couldn’t see herself as a Zoey.

Wendy the Waitress - She absolutely had a wonderful time. She said that their party was so moving, that it actually made her tear up (and she’s not usually a crier!!). She could tell that the sisters were all very close and she felt it too. She finally felt the bond she has been yearning for. She knew this is where she belongs. The girls felt like they were already her sisters. She wanted nothing more than to be a Wendy the Waitress!!

So finally, it was time to sign her bid card. She told me she ranked them as so:

1. Wendy the Waitress
2. Ranjit
3. Zoey

Crossing my fingers and toes and hoping she gets her first choice!! Ahh I'm so excited and nervous for her!!!
🌙
BGSU
Old 09-12-2013, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

So anxious to read what happens next...! Omg. I hope she gets Wendy the Waitress!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I can finally read other girl's recruitment stories without getting all involved and worried for them! This sounds like my story! I really hope it is Wendy the Waitress!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaPhiAud View Post
Abby picked up her pref invitations earlier today and told me that she saw three names through the paper. She was excited to get a full schedule this round! But when she opened the paper, her heart dropped. It said:

Ranjit
Zoey
Wendy the Waitress

She called me, SOBBING. Lily had dropped her! Her favorite house, her favorite girls, her favorite philanthropy…gone. She knew the three houses that she got were great houses (and she was so glad Patrice finally dropped her), but she had it in her mind that she would get a bid from Lily and live happily ever after. She told me she didn’t want to be anything but a Lily, but I told her not to drop from recruitment. I told her to continue on with an open mind. She ultimately agreed, and told me she would go fix her make-up and go to her parties.

Ranjit - She said she had a lovely time at their pref party. She said the stories they told and speeches they made were heartwarming and genuine. She could tell their sisterhood was strong, but she didn’t feel like they were her sisters. They felt like friends…and she wanted the bond of sisterhood.

Zoey - She again had a good time. She said the girl who rushed her treated her so kindly and told her that she'd love to see her on bid day. But sadly Abby knew Zoey wasn’t for her. She liked the girls and knew they’d do well with numbers, but she just couldn’t see herself as a Zoey.

Wendy the Waitress - She absolutely had a wonderful time. She said that their party was so moving, that it actually made her tear up (and she’s not usually a crier!!). She could tell that the sisters were all very close and she felt it too. She finally felt the bond she has been yearning for. She knew this is where she belongs. The girls felt like they were already her sisters. She wanted nothing more than to be a Wendy the Waitress!!

So finally, it was time to sign her bid card. She told me she ranked them as so:

1. Wendy the Waitress
2. Ranjit
3. Zoey

Crossing my fingers and toes and hoping she gets her first choice!! Ahh I'm so excited and nervous for her!!!

When does she find out if she got a bid????? Dying to know!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinder1965 View Post
When does she find out if she got a bid????? Dying to know!!!
She finds out tomorrow at 12:30pm her time!!!
🌙
BGSU
Old 09-12-2013, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck!

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 09-13-2013, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Love this theme! And hoping Ted finally meets the mother... er, Abby meets her sisters! lol
Old 09-13-2013, 04:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to her! I can't sleep cuz I'm too excited to meet our first PC :-P
Old 09-13-2013, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Your cousin sounds like a very smart young lady and I'm so glad she has you to talk with. Everyone needs that initial cry and then they need to open their eyes and find their sisters. She is doing exactly that and I cannot wait to hear how bid day goes.
(I am secretly hoping Wendy the Waitress is DG...I don't think I've seen one yet this year.)
Old 09-13-2013, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Can't wait to hear the results on this one!