GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 297,184
Threads: 114,117
Welcome to our newest member, Toslimvkjh

Old 08-22-2013, 08:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Lets go watermelon
Old 08-22-2013, 10:21 AM
GreekChat Member

I got another full schedule!!! Please wish me luck. I'm soooo nervous.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

How wonderful!!! Good luck!!
Old 08-22-2013, 10:51 AM
GreekChat Member

You're doing great! Take a deep breath and just keep having fun!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 08-22-2013, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

You are too adorable! Have a great day and good luck!
Old 08-22-2013, 11:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile Keep Up the Enthusiasm

You are doing great with your optimism!!! Keep it up and you will land exactly where you are supposed to be!
Old 08-23-2013, 02:23 AM
GreekChat Member

You have such a great attitude and honesty in your thought process. I hope you are matched with a sorority you love. I am rooting for Blueberry. .

We are all anxiously awaiting your update and wishing you success!
Old 08-23-2013, 03:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Alright everyone, so this morning I was SO anxious. I did not know what to expect for my schedule and of course every worst fear ran across my mind. When my RC finally gave me my schedule I was super happy to see that I got a full schedule and they were all of my top choices!!! A moment of relief until the nerves set in again when I thought about how I need to go to all of my favorite houses again and make another good impression! Today was absolutely amazing though and I cannot wait till I find out who I am going to be invited to for preference round.

My schedule consisted of:

Strawberry
Blueberry
Watermelon
Orange
Mango

Strawberry was first. I knew today was either going to make or break this house for me. I hadn't felt that connection yet and was curious to know if it would maybe come today. However, it did not. Their skit was super cute and I got a tour of their house. It was absolutely beautiful. However conversations with the girls did not come easy for me and I don't feel like I belong here. So many girls enjoy this house and actually preffed them so I know they are great, just not for me.

Blueberry came second. Boy was I nervous!!! I was greeted by the same girl as the previous set. This time went better with her because before it had been more difficult to hear but this time around I was able to hear what she was saying better. So that was good. Then, another girl who I had talked to the same set before bumped me. She was sweet just like last time. She actually introduced me to the President and it was really cool. I'm not sure if she did it because she wanted the President to meet me in particular or if she did it with all of the PNMs she rushed but I got the feeling it was for the first reason by how they were acting. Then, another girl rushed me who seemed really familiar but I could not remember if I had previously talked to her. She was so sweet also!! On the way out of the house as all of the members were leading the PNMS out, she grabbed one of the girls bouncing and singing everyone out and introduced me to her and said she wanted her to meet me. So they switched places and the girl acted like she was just going to walk me out but then she said to sit so she could get a chance to talk to me real quick. Well come to find out, she was the Philanthropic Chairwoman! It felt kind of cool being introduced to the sisters who held positions. I'm not sure if I should takes these things as that they really like me or stop reading so far into it. I left this house with a huge smile on my face.

Watermelon was third. The past two sets I loved these girls so much! Today I still loved them but did not feel quite as much that this house would be a good fit for me as before. I loved the theme and skit but I just found myself in conversation feeling like they could get someone else instead of me who would be a better fit for their chapter. It's a house full of fun and awesome pretty girls but I just don't click as well with them as I do others after today. They are still awesome though, and if it came down to it, I would be happy here.

Fourth was Orange. I am falling more and more in love here. I talked to some one of the same girls as before and a knew girl. My conversations here seem to happen so naturally and go on and on forever. The girls here seem to really like me and act happy to see me back. We always end up laughing when we are talking and I find myself with a lot of the same interests as the girls here. This is one of my favorites and I could most definitely see myself here.

Last but not least was Mango! They had the most hilarious skit out of everyone today. They are all so funny and goofy and do not care what anybody thinks about them. They are a very admirable house and many of the PNM's favorites! I really liked these girls the first couple of days but after falling in love all over again with blueberry and orange it was hard to see myself here as much as I could at the other two. The conversations just didn't seem to flow quite as right either.

So after a very long day of skits and house tours I decided that my two favorites are orange and blueberry. I feel like both of these houses like me (I hope I'm not wrong) and I absolutely adore them. I had so much fun and excitement being at them and know that I would feel so comfortable and amazing in either of them.

I ranked Blueberry and Orange as my most preferred for preference and in descending order of most preferred ranked Watermelon, Mango and Strawberry as least preferred.

I really hope that my feelings and love for these two chapters are mutual. I know that I would be able to be happy in any of these five houses and make any one of them a home but orange and blueberry both feel so right. It's hard to tell which exactly yet is the best but hopefully I will soon know...

I have a break from rush tomorrow then find out who I am invited back to on Friday. Thanks for all of your support so far everyone! It is nice to read your kind words before I begin a set!!
Old 08-23-2013, 09:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck today! I think Blueberry definitely sees something in you.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 08-23-2013, 10:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Sounds like it's going great! What is the maximum number of preference parties you can attend?
Old 08-23-2013, 11:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Two preference parties!! I love both of the houses so much. I am worried about having to choose one on preference! Also, what am I supposed to say to the houses? I feel guilty telling both of them I'd love to be in their house on preference and then only being able to choose one afterwards...
Old 08-23-2013, 11:33 AM
GreekChat Member

That is if I get invited back to both of these houses!
Old 08-23-2013, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh and one more thing, recruitment continues tomorrow. Today we have a break.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGoer View Post
Two preference parties!! I love both of the houses so much. I am worried about having to choose one on preference! Also, what am I supposed to say to the houses? I feel guilty telling both of them I'd love to be in their house on preference and then only being able to choose one afterwards...
Generally, you rank the chapters so you'd put:
1. Sorority A
2. Sorority B
or whatever options you have.

You can tell both you love them because it is true.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 08-23-2013, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGoer View Post
As sorority members, we know you can't join every chapter you like. It's normal and acceptable to tell both chapters you've enjoyed meeting them and coming to their parties.

Θ Φ Α