GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 297,114
Threads: 114,115
Posts: 2,150,332
Welcome to our newest member, ygnksair
» Online Users: 217
3 members and 214 guests
wgspezyn, xenjgizbec, ygnksair
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-20-2013, 03:21 PM
cregeorgia cregeorgia is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3
Transfering looking to drop

Hey so I currently go to school A and due to family reasons, I will not be able to stay here next semester. I will be transferring to school B where the fraternity I am currently in does not have a chapter. Is there any chance I can drop (I was initiated at the local level but have never been put on the national roster or anything) and join a different fraternity on that campus? I will only be a sophomore .
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-20-2013, 03:30 PM
knight_shadow knight_shadow is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by cregeorgia View Post
Hey so I currently go to school A and due to family reasons, I will not be able to stay here next semester. I will be transferring to school B where the fraternity I am currently in does not have a chapter. Is there any chance I can drop (I was initiated at the local level but have never been put on the national roster or anything) and join a different fraternity on that campus? I will only be a sophomore .
Thanks
If you are not in a local, then not on the national roster = not in the fraternity

How did that happen?
__________________
*does side bends and sit-ups*
*doesn't lose butt*

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-20-2013, 05:32 PM
LaneSig LaneSig is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dallas
Posts: 3,826
I need more of an explanation. If you were initiated into a chapter of a national fraternity, then you should be on the national roster. How do you know your initiation wasn't given to the national office?
__________________
Sigma Chi. Friendship, Justice, and Learning since 1855.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-20-2013, 06:03 PM
TSteven TSteven is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Left Coast
Posts: 3,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
If you are not in a local, then not on the national roster = not in the fraternity

How did that happen?
It could be "ghosting" where the chapter initiates a pledge yet waits to turn in any official information regarding his imitation to HQ. The chapter might do this because the pledge did not make the grades to be “officially” initiated, or for possible financial reasons. (Some chapters have to pay dues "up front" for each pledge to HQ. If they "hold off" a semester, then it is less dues to HQ.)

As far as I know, no GLO allows this. And yes, if they are not on the HQ roster, they are not a member.

And as LangSig noted, are you sure you aren't on the roster? Depending on when you initiated, your HQ may still be processing your data. Do you have your badge or any documents or correspondence from HQ?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-20-2013, 07:48 PM
cregeorgia cregeorgia is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3
Well apparently all the members of my class had to fill out an online forum before they would send us in as official brothers or something and they can't do it until every kid in my class has filled it out and 5-6 people haven't yet because of a lack of communication that is my understanding at least
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-20-2013, 07:49 PM
cregeorgia cregeorgia is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3
I have nothing from nationals that recognizes me as a member of my fraternity no fraternity pin nothing
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-20-2013, 07:55 PM
thetalady's Avatar
thetalady thetalady is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Big D
Posts: 2,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by cregeorgia View Post
Well apparently all the members of my class had to fill out an online forum before they would send us in as official brothers or something and they can't do it until every kid in my class has filled it out and 5-6 people haven't yet because of a lack of communication that is my understanding at least
"... every kid"? This is what you call your pledge brothers? Sorry, but this is starting to hurt my leg.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-20-2013, 10:05 PM
adpiucf adpiucf is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: I can't seem to keep track!
Posts: 5,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by cregeorgia View Post
I have nothing from nationals that recognizes me as a member of my fraternity no fraternity pin nothing
It doesn't matter what YOU have. It matters what THEY have. Some people don't receive their pins or certificates for months. Contact the nationals to confirm you are not on the roster.
__________________
Click here for some helpful information about sorority recruitment and recommendations.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transfering Venti14 Greek Life 4 11-15-2006 04:39 PM
Transfering Schools Buttonz Chit Chat 7 08-28-2005 12:34 PM
Transfering Schools waedwa490 Sigma Phi Epsilon 1 08-26-2005 06:53 AM
Transfering Chef5 Omega Psi Phi 22 12-13-2004 06:28 PM
transfering lyrica9 Greek Life 28 09-29-2004 07:20 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.