GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 297,180
Threads: 114,114
Welcome to our newest member, bolgaunra3993

Old 08-26-2012, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

It's official now. My daughter is a new....

Pi Beta Phi!!!
Old 08-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2012, 06:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
Terrific... glad it all worked out for her!
Old 08-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

How wonderful!! Congratulations!!
Old 08-26-2012, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations! We'll have a friend in Pi Phi when we colonize!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 08-26-2012, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations to your daughter, aopi4evr! My neice is a member in that chapter and they are a wonderful group. They got four girls from our high school too, so I know some of your daughter's pledge sisters. Great gals, all of them!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations!
With twin stars and kites above.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

We are having a lot of different endings thus far (meaning PNMs ending up in lots of different chapters), and I like that! Congratulations to your daughter, very happy for her.

Basically my main piece of advice is: if you are lucky enough to get a bid to ANY chapter, that is your golden ticket and you should take it and run with it.
-robinseggblue
Old 08-26-2012, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorgal View Post
Congratulations to your daughter, aopi4evr! My neice is a member in that chapter and they are a wonderful group. They got four girls from our high school too, so I know some of your daughter's pledge sisters. Great gals, all of them!
So glad to hear it! Another girl from my daughter's high school is a new pledge as well. They will have a wonderful time!
Old 08-26-2012, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I have never heard my daughter so happy and absolutely loving sisterhood already! I have to say the whole experience was very emotional for me today when she texted me her first "hand sign" picture with one of her new sisters. I think about 20-30 people have added her on facebook already so she is encountering the excitement of all of the older girls at getting to know their new angels.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations!! Pi Phis at FSU are just the sweetest!! So happy your daughter is happy
Old 08-27-2012, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I have to reveal something that I just discovered that is actually an incredible story. As you can tell from my screenname I was an AOII in college. I had several sisters that I was close to but there were 2 that I was especially close to. We lived together after college after we all snagged jobs in the same city. As things can happen we all ended up moving in different directions because of marriage, jobs, etc. One of these 3 stayed very close with me and I was a bridesmaid in her wedding. We each had 2 daughters both born within 3 weeks of each other (no, we did not plan that!). While our kids were very young we got together when we could. She ended up moving to another city due to her husband's job. We still kept in touch and saw each other when she would come back in town to visit. My younger sister even lived with her family for a year as a nanny! Eventually my family moved down to Florida when my kids were still young and a few years ago she moved to another part of Florida with her family. We kept telling each other "let's get together" but life was busy and we never seemed to find the time (we are still a few hours apart in Florida). It's been a couple of years since we have talked to each other. I had no idea where her oldest (the same age as my oldest) ended up going to college but last time we had talked she said her daughter's dream was to go somewhere out of state.

Here is where this gets interesting...
As I was clicking through Facebook (yes I was stalking) I noticed that some of my daughter's new friends in her sorority had added another girl with the same name as my friend's daughter. They have a very unusual name and my daughter noticed that they had several mutual friends...all Pi Phi! I looked at my daughter's bid day picture and noticed a familiar face RIGHT NEXT TO HER in the group picture. My daughter has been too busy to meet all of her pledge class and had no idea of who this girl was yet. But, I am absolutely positive this is my old friend's daughter...who was close with my daughter as a baby and toddler! My friend and her daughter have no idea. I am trying to reach her on the only number I have for her but I cannot wait to reveal to her that our daughters are sorority sisters just like we were!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aopi4evr View Post
I have to reveal something that I just discovered that is actually an incredible story. As you can tell from my screenname I was an AOII in college. I had several sisters that I was close to but there were 2 that I was especially close to. We lived together after college after we all snagged jobs in the same city. As things can happen we all ended up moving in different directions because of marriage, jobs, etc. One of these 3 stayed very close with me and I was a bridesmaid in her wedding. We each had 2 daughters both born within 3 weeks of each other (no, we did not plan that!). While our kids were very young we got together when we could. She ended up moving to another city due to her husband's job. We still kept in touch and saw each other when she would come back in town to visit. My younger sister even lived with her family for a year as a nanny! Eventually my family moved down to Florida when my kids were still young and a few years ago she moved to another part of Florida with her family. We kept telling each other "let's get together" but life was busy and we never seemed to find the time (we are still a few hours apart in Florida). It's been a couple of years since we have talked to each other. I had no idea where her oldest (the same age as my oldest) ended up going to college but last time we had talked she said her daughter's dream was to go somewhere out of state.

Here is where this gets interesting...
As I was clicking through Facebook (yes I was stalking) I noticed that some of my daughter's new friends in her sorority had added another girl with the same name as my friend's daughter. They have a very unusual name and my daughter noticed that they had several mutual friends...all Pi Phi! I looked at my daughter's bid day picture and noticed a familiar face RIGHT NEXT TO HER in the group picture. My daughter has been too busy to meet all of her pledge class and had no idea of who this girl was yet. But, I am absolutely positive this is my old friend's daughter...who was close with my daughter as a baby and toddler! My friend and her daughter have no idea. I am trying to reach her on the only number I have for her but I cannot wait to reveal to her that our daughters are sorority sisters just like we were!
That is really cool. It's a small world.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 08-27-2012, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
That is really cool. It's a small world.
That gave me goosebumps
Old 08-27-2012, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
That gave me goosebumps
Me too. Very cool story! That's a magazine kind of story to send in.

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.