GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 299,955
Threads: 114,202
Welcome to our newest member, plocarntd

Old 08-13-2012, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Its 2:15pm and the temp at my house is 106. Hope everyone is staying hydrated and as cool as possible. Good luck!!
Old 08-14-2012, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Went down to campus at lunch time today and OMG this is not an SEC recruitment. Not a Lily in sight :-) ... lots of tank tops and short shorts, and t-shirts and short shorts, and polos and shorts, and short skirts and tops, and a few (very few) dresses.

Its hot again today, 104 at my house with thunderheads building around the valley. Hope they get finished with the round before it starts raining.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Makes sense how flippin' hot AZ is. Plus, I think the "mentality" might be a little different. Us folks in AZ don't wear dresses and heels to football games but that is standard attire for women in the SEC (which I saw first hand both times ASU played UGA). Not that recruitment is the same thing as a football game, but we are a bit more "laid back". I'm sure they will look nicer at pref night (but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the PNM's look, how do I say this politely, trashy).
Old 08-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-AlphaXi View Post
Went down to campus at lunch time today and OMG this is not an SEC recruitment. Not a Lily in sight :-) ... lots of tank tops and short shorts, and t-shirts and short shorts, and polos and shorts, and short skirts and tops, and a few (very few) dresses.

Its hot again today, 104 at my house with thunderheads building around the valley. Hope they get finished with the round before it starts raining.
How do they do it in that kind of heat? It makes me sweat even thinking about it.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbino View Post
What, no English Springer Spaniel? I'll have to root for Beagle then (it's my husband's favorite breed).
I love Springers too! Since they didn't make the cut I'll have to root for the sporting breeds! Go Labs!
Old 08-14-2012, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

It is hot hot hot here in Arizona!! Hopefully the PNMs are staying cool and hydrated. Can't wait to read your story later
Old 08-16-2012, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Go JRT! My family just had to put ours down a few weeks ago. They are crazy, but they are great dogs if you know how to handle them!
Old 08-16-2012, 11:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Can't wait to go help the PNMs sign their bid cards with AZ- AlphaXi on Saturday. I bet everyone will look beautiful in their pref dresses!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 08-16-2012, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a Scottie and a Pit Bull, but my next favorite dogs are Poms and Chihuahuas so I'm rooting for them! Good luck during recruitment!
Old 08-16-2012, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

hope everything is going well so far!
Old 08-16-2012, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
Can't wait to go help the PNMs sign their bid cards with AZ- AlphaXi on Saturday. I bet everyone will look beautiful in their pref dresses!
I did that with Duke in January. It was quite interesting going over the unanimous agreement and then having them fill out their bid cards.

I wrote down names of the PNM's that put ADPi as their #1 choice to find out if we actually bid them later, we did.

I'm kind of jealous (as UA has my chapter of initiation).
Old 08-20-2012, 11:56 AM
GreekChat Member

*bump*

had lunch with AOIIAngel & AZ-Alpha Xi on Saturday, and now that Arizona's recruitment is finished (bid day was yesterday), am wondering if the OP will come back and share her story.

Talk on the street: I'm told that quota was 70. EDIT: talk was wrong, quota was 81. I know everyone made quota plus. There were two chapters that were especially popular with the PNMs this year, and they weren't the "expected" or "top" chapters! I find that VERY encouraging; things are changing up! This year was the first year in a long time that it didn't rain on Preference Day. I believe something like 900+ women accepted bids (1200 started and I know there were extensive releases for grades after Open House rounds the first two days).

Last edited by AZTheta; 08-21-2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Misinformation. Corrected.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I hope she comes back and that the active that wrote on the board didn't scare her away!
Old 08-20-2012, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Come back and tell us!!! I wanna hear!
Also, we had an amazing recruitment as well, I adore all of our cute New Mems
Old 08-21-2012, 01:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTheta View Post
*bump*

had lunch with AOIIAngel & AZ-Alpha Xi on Saturday, and now that Arizona's recruitment is finished (bid day was yesterday), am wondering if the OP will come back and share her story.

Talk on the street: I'm told that quota was 70. I know everyone made quota plus. There were two chapters that were especially popular with the PNMs this year, and they weren't the "expected" or "top" chapters! I find that VERY encouraging; things are changing up! This year was the first year in a long time that it didn't rain on Preference Day. I believe something like 900+ women accepted bids (1200 started and I know there were extensive releases for grades after Open House rounds the first two days).

Agreed! It was a great time for all. Hoping that everything for you and your girls at Theta was terriffic!