GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,076
1 members and 1,075 guests
zsamulpitt5293

Old 07-01-2012, 10:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brogamma2011 View Post
I just said this. The money is allotted to certain costs. We're lucky enough we get money from Student Senate; in fact, we're getting less next year. Not because we didn't spend it all, just because we are. Today is July 1 and this year we only got 500. Has nothing to do with the money from last year. We used what we could, and now it's gone. No big deal. Please people, I got the approval, so just grow up and back down.

Senate doesn't allow money to budget for philanthropy because it doesn't represent the service aspect; it's just easy money they would give away. People like seeing Greeks do work and earn the money, not just take it from your Senate budget. Everything we buy regardless needs Senate Approval, so since it was under Apparel, we're fine.
Whether or not you got approval isn't the point. Posters are incredulous (GCers, insert some other word if "incredulous" isn't how you feel) of this because the money was for IFC, your cousin has nothing to do with IFC, so spending it on a shirt for her regardless of whose approval you got is wrong. That's the point people are trying to make that you don't seem to get because you keep saying "no it's fine, we're fine".

As for the philanthropy part, okay then, that makes sense. Then you should've given it back to them and not tried to find ways to spend it "cause if we don't we lose it".

As for "grow up and back down"...lol. Good luck with that one, champ. No one has given you any sort of immature response, so I'm actually not sure why you want us to grow up- pretty sure older people are even less likely to think that you wasting money is totally fine.

ETA Damn, people all over than one.

Last edited by justgo_withit; 07-01-2012 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Need to practice my short, pointed remarks skills
Old 07-01-2012, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

What I don't understand is what is so horrible about that $400 going back to the Student Senate? That money is from student fees. You bought a shirt for your cousin, not with money contributed from dues paid by IFC member groups, but by students who pay tuition to your university. Your little t-shirt "approved" by whatever brain trust is running your IFC didn't think about the fact that misappropriation of student funds could mean you get cut off in the future. That extra money wouldn't just disappear. It would go back to the Student Senate's budget for future allocations. Sounds like they have wisely decreased IFCs take this semester.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!