GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 300,173
Threads: 114,216
Posts: 2,151,520
Welcome to our newest member, lyonnatha
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-30-2012, 03:36 AM
kyrakappa2015 kyrakappa2015 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 9
letter of rec for my friend

Hi guys i'm writing a letter of rec for my friend and i was looking at the membership reference form. it asks me for my address and stuff and i'm not sure why it is asking me for this info? (i just recently moved..not sure if this makes a difference) just a formality? also for initiation date do i just put 2011 ? i don't remember the exact day

thanks, sorry for the bad typing my left hand is in a cast.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-30-2012, 09:18 AM
amIblue? amIblue? is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Shackled to my desk
Posts: 2,870
Your initiation date is available to you on the Kappa website.

Are you serious with the address question? Use your permanent address.
__________________
Actually, amIblue? is a troublemaker. Go pick on her. --AZTheta
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-30-2012, 09:35 AM
amIblue? amIblue? is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Shackled to my desk
Posts: 2,870
Also, is your friend going through recruitment at your school? If so, you may not write her a rec.
__________________
Actually, amIblue? is a troublemaker. Go pick on her. --AZTheta
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-30-2012, 09:43 AM
Titchou Titchou is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Posts: 3,914
That's so they can contact you with any questions, thank you for the rec, let you know if she pledged, etc, etc, etc. And they want the date in case they need to verify that you are in fact a Kappa. Talk to your regional recruitment person or call your HQ to get direction on how to write a rec. It will be a big favor to your friend if you do it properly.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-12-2012, 02:44 AM
kyrakappa2015 kyrakappa2015 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 9
ok guys this has helped me a lot thanks!

lastly, my friend has a question and asked me to post it here. if her family moved recently (as in like the last week) her perm. address has changed. Should she put her new address or old? or would it even make a difference? she's kinda wanting to know i guess if the address is used to do any confirmation on kappa membership, in which case she would use the old one since the new one wouldn't have been affiliated at all. she did ask someone i think but they haven't gotten back to her and none of my sis's seem to actually know so we're exhausting all resources in the hunt for the answer. thanks guys you've helped a lot!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-12-2012, 03:22 AM
DeltaBetaBaby DeltaBetaBaby is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: ILL-INI
Posts: 7,176
Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrakappa2015 View Post
ok guys this has helped me a lot thanks!

lastly, my friend has a question and asked me to post it here. if her family moved recently (as in like the last week) her perm. address has changed. Should she put her new address or old? or would it even make a difference? she's kinda wanting to know i guess if the address is used to do any confirmation on kappa membership, in which case she would use the old one since the new one wouldn't have been affiliated at all. she did ask someone i think but they haven't gotten back to her and none of my sis's seem to actually know so we're exhausting all resources in the hunt for the answer. thanks guys you've helped a lot!!
QFP and WTF?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-12-2012, 04:03 AM
Always AlphaGam Always AlphaGam is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrakappa2015 View Post
ok guys this has helped me a lot thanks!

lastly, my friend has a question and asked me to post it here. if her family moved recently (as in like the last week) her perm. address has changed. Should she put her new address or old? or would it even make a difference? she's kinda wanting to know i guess if the address is used to do any confirmation on kappa membership, in which case she would use the old one since the new one wouldn't have been affiliated at all. she did ask someone i think but they haven't gotten back to her and none of my sis's seem to actually know so we're exhausting all resources in the hunt for the answer. thanks guys you've helped a lot!!
Um, what?

Also, if you're an initiated member, why not ask these questions to the sisters you know IRL?
__________________
Wocka wocka wocka.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-12-2012, 04:28 AM
kyrakappa2015 kyrakappa2015 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 9
ug sorry my hand is broken so typing with 1 hand is probably not doing wonders for my eloquence. she has asked and no one has been able to give an actual answer. the question is this: if she put her new address on a rec (for mailing purposes of information about the pnm,etc) is someone gonna look at it and be like "you're not in kappa, thats not the right address!!!! IMPOSTER" b/c she just moved? this is IMPORTANT b/c one of the pnms one year faked a rec i guess and lets just say it was bad
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-12-2012, 04:37 AM
Always AlphaGam Always AlphaGam is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrakappa2015 View Post
ug sorry my hand is broken so typing with 1 hand is probably not doing wonders for my eloquence. she has asked and no one has been able to give an actual answer. the question is this: if she put her new address on a rec (for mailing purposes of information about the pnm,etc) is someone gonna look at it and be like "you're not in kappa, thats not the right address!!!! IMPOSTER" b/c she just moved? this is IMPORTANT b/c one of the pnms one year faked a rec i guess and lets just say it was bad
If YOU (the Kappa) is writing a rec for the PNM (not a Kappa)...why would the chapter need to verify her address since she's obviously not a Kappa? It'd be YOUR address that would be in question, yes?

Broken bones or not you're just not making any sense at all, lady.
__________________
Wocka wocka wocka.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-12-2012, 05:07 AM
kyrakappa2015 kyrakappa2015 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 9
oh i see!! i'm sorry should've made this clearer. I'm asking this question for ANOTHER friend (one who is in kkg w/ me) who is writing a rec for a DIFFERENT person. this is a completely separate situation.

my kkg friend who just moved is the one who i'm asking the address question about, NOT my friend who i'm writing a rec for, sorry!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Mevara Mevara is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 831
If you go online you can change your address with Kappa HQ and then put the new address down on the rec.
__________________
The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear. - Socrates
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-12-2012, 07:12 PM
thetalady's Avatar
thetalady thetalady is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Big D
Posts: 2,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrakappa2015 View Post
oh i see!! i'm sorry should've made this clearer. I'm asking this question for ANOTHER friend (one who is in kkg w/ me) who is writing a rec for a DIFFERENT person. this is a completely separate situation.

my kkg friend who just moved is the one who i'm asking the address question about, NOT my friend who i'm writing a rec for, sorry!
I am afraid that your posts have now veered this train right off the rails. Now many people don't believe that you are who you say you are. Step away from the keyboard. We are all full up on crazy here....
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-12-2012, 11:15 PM
knight_shadow knight_shadow is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrakappa2015 View Post
oh i see!! i'm sorry should've made this clearer. I'm asking this question for ANOTHER friend (one who is in kkg w/ me) who is writing a rec for a DIFFERENT person. this is a completely separate situation.

my kkg friend who just moved is the one who i'm asking the address question about, NOT my friend who i'm writing a rec for, sorry!
I never refer to my fraternity brothers as "my ODPhi friends"

Interesting.
__________________
*does side bends and sit-ups*
*doesn't lose butt*

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-13-2012, 02:15 AM
Always AlphaGam Always AlphaGam is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
I never refer to my fraternity brothers as "my ODPhi friends"

Interesting.

THIS.
__________________
Wocka wocka wocka.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
letter of rec for my friend kyrakappa2015 Sorority Recruitment 24 06-12-2012 10:16 PM
Help your friend 1908Revelations Chit Chat 6 07-26-2007 09:20 AM
A Friend in Need, Is a Friend Indeed Texas_Dove Phi Beta Sigma 0 09-15-2001 01:12 PM
I need help! What to do about a friend!!!?? Jewelz Delta Sigma Theta 1 12-26-2000 09:56 AM
IS THIS A "FRIEND?" Sexy_DST_Diva Delta Sigma Theta 13 12-25-2000 12:55 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.