GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,093
1 members and 1,092 guests
No Members online

Old 11-09-2011, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Rushing at WVU

Transferring to WVU as a junior next year. I plan on rushing as soon as I get there. A friend advised that I check out Kappa Alpha, FIJI, and Sigma Alpha Epsilon. I was also told that Theta Chi has a great group of guys.

If I can get opinions on different frats and a gauge of how selective they are, I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by dantenic1; 11-09-2011 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Gave too much information
Old 11-09-2011, 02:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Ohhhh. Thanks.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

OH!! My husband of 25 years was (and still is) a FIJI from West Virginia!!! GOOO 'EERS!

Live on the West Coast now but he is still loyal to his alma mater and his fraternity! Good luck!
Old 11-09-2011, 02:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks so much! I've heard nothing but good things about FIJI.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

We don't talk about reputations on this site.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Last poster seemed a tad harsh in response to the future rushee. He paid a nice compliment regarding FIJI, directed particularly to me given that my husband is a Fiji alum from WVU. I hardly see that as discussing a chapter's reputation. Just being polite!
Old 11-09-2011, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOwl View Post
Last poster seemed a tad harsh in response to the future rushee. He paid a nice compliment regarding FIJI, directed particularly to me given that my husband is a Fiji alum from WVU. I hardly see that as discussing a chapter's reputation. Just being polite!
With all respect, I actually don't see Vito's post as harsh. He was factual, IMO and was responding to an earlier post in this thread in which the OP asked about reputations ("If I can get opinions on different frats, and a gauge of how selective they are, I'd appreciate it" is a direct quote). Didn't see it as directed at you, your husband or FIJI.

My experience in the years lurking prior to signing up for an account: reputations of any GLOs, anywhere, are not discussed here. "We're not that kind of GC."
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 11-09-2011, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantenic1 View Post
Transferring to WVU as a junior next year. I plan on rushing as soon as I get there. A friend advised that I check out Kappa Alpha, FIJI, and Sigma Alpha Epsilon. I was also told that Theta Chi has a great group of guys.

If I can get opinions on different frats and a gauge of how selective they are, I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
I don't know what happened to my post but, I'll ask again: Why are you transferring to WVU?
Old 11-09-2011, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
I don't know what happened to my post but, I'll ask again: Why are you transferring to WVU?
You asked the question in another thread (in the introductions forum), and she answered it there.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I just find it interesting that this person just happens to be ready to transfer in the wake of what is going on at PSU.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
You asked the question in another thread (in the introductions forum), and she answered it there.
Given the questions about fraternities, I'm guessing dantenic1 is a he.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
I just find it interesting that this person just happens to be ready to transfer in the wake of what is going on at PSU.
Hmmm... no Dante on the football roster, so maybe it's not Paterno-related.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Hahahaha... okay, sorry for asking about reps. Just curious about general selectiveness. And I'm a man. I'm transferring to WVU because I'm likely to be offered more scholarship money and because Penn State isn't quite for me. I like WVU's vibe better.

And yeah... let's not get into the current PSU debacle. I expressed my disgust for the entire situation in Econ yesterday and got screamed at by a JoePa groupie. BEYOND awkward.

Last edited by dantenic1; 11-09-2011 at 08:37 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 11-09-2011, 08:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Also, if anyone has any input regarding how WVU's Fall Rush is conducted, please let me know.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I noticed in the Introductions thread that one of the posters dissed the academic reputation of WVU with comparison to PSU. Well, my husband got a great undergrad education at WVU and went on to get an MBA at Cal-Berkeley. Doing just fine with his WVU education thank you very much!

So, it's ok to bash the reputation of a University, but not ok to compliment the reputation of a frat (as that is considered discussing it's reputation?). Hmm, ok.