GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 300,216
Threads: 114,211
Welcome to our newest member, ryhghgjg

Old 08-08-2011, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks. I did see that. several of the arena were posted to different twitters'. I've been following the hashtag and it's been fun to read.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AUAZD2001 Send a message via Yahoo to AUAZD2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamomof2 View Post
She said there were a few awkward moments but those were at the 3 or 4 houses she didn't find recs for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagle View Post
I felt very uncomfortable in two houses, but the other 8 were amazing!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamomof2 View Post
It's really odd that she said almost the same thing as wareagle (above). She had a great conversation time at 8 house and felt really strange at the other 2. She said at one of the odd situations she had a sophomore who just really seemed uncomfortable with initiating conversation and it wasn't the ideal setting.

The current members who spoke to her at each party were not assigned so no notes were used from her recs and all the conversations were very generic. Each party they came in and just went with the next active member that was standing at the door. Maybe recs will play a bigger role at the next round.
Sometimes you just get matched up with someone who isn't good at basic conversation with people they don't know.

Also, sometimes the chapter matches sisters with PNMs but something happens when everyone is coming in and they get thrown out of order. Or they are running behind and can't get everyone linded up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
Also, try not to focus so much on the NUMBER of invites you receive. That first round of cuts is typically VERY heavy. So many people come here and are SO SURE that their recruitment is DOOMED because they don't have as many invites as the other PNMs. I know that's hard. But whether you get 15, 7, or 2 invites, in the end, you can only get ONE BID.
This is very true. And there is an up-side to only having a few parties. You have more time to rest, unpack, grocery shop, watch TV, whatever.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Great First Day

I think I am more nervous than my daughter. It is the sitting around and not knowing what is going on that is so not fun. When she sent me the first text last night that she was "done" for the day, I was on pins and needles waiting for details.
She had a great first day and is looking forward to today. I am proud that she has kept an open mind and said she was even surprised by how she felt about three of the groups. There are 15 PNMs in her group and she loves her Pi Chi. She isn't legacy to any group (my small midwestern college didn't have a Greek Life) so we are brand new to this whole thing. It is so much fun!
Old 08-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

good luck to your daughter FPM!
Old 08-09-2011, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Day two is over. She went out to lunch with her group after going to the computers. She was told to rank her bottom 5. Two were the awkward ones from yesterday and the other three were ones that scored lower than the other 12. There was nothing completely wrong with any of them so if she gets an invite back tomorrow morning she sees it as meant that she should take another look. She's tired and it's about to storm again so she is going to nap and call me again tonight. She sounds alot more rested than the first day (that first night off from home took a toll on her). She's looking forward to the t-shirts and shorts the next two days.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

When do they get invitations for tomorrow?
Old 08-09-2011, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
When do they get invitations for tomorrow?
according to the schedule https://fp.auburn.edu/greek/pnmschedule.htm parties start at 8:30am
Old 08-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Oh, I saw that but I was wondering if they give the girls their invitations tonight or right before they leave for parties!
Old 08-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

oh Lordy, went to the au recruitment t.witte.r posts and two pnms have already declared their love for certain sororities. oooooh, foolish freshmen!
Old 08-09-2011, 06:46 PM
GreekChat Member

They will get their invitations tomorrow morning, not sure what time. I wish it was tonight! What about quota? When will that be set?
Old 08-09-2011, 07:58 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter had a great day. She said that she felt very comfortable at almost all of the parties. There are, of course, some early favorites and a few that she didn't enjoy as much as some others. All in all it is a great experience, so far. They get their schedules at 7:00am tomorrow! I'll be anxiously awaiting a text tomorrow. They told them not to expect a full list, but I have high hopes for her.

I am feeling the need to change my name on GC. It was perfect last year when I was looking for help understanding the process, but now ...
Old 08-09-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnMom85 View Post
They will get their invitations tomorrow morning, not sure what time. I wish it was tonight! What about quota? When will that be set?
I'm not sure when AU sets it, but it is usually set around Pref when Panhellenic sees how many women are attending. Or after Pref based on how many women completed final rankings and submitted cards (indicating that they'll accept bids.)

Either way, it's set based on the number of women still in recruitment at that point (not an imaginary number that Panhellenic makes up.)

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 08-09-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

have you all gone over to the auburn panhellenic facebook page? they had posted lots of photos. ya'll should take a look.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Just heard from my daughter - she got 9 invites and her first party isn't until 8:55. She sounded very happy - didn't tell me all but indicated one invite was from one of her favorites..... Has anyone else heard from their daughters this morning? Its still early in Auburn (before 7).....
Old 08-10-2011, 09:31 AM
GreekChat Member

7 parties.