GreekChat.com Forums

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 200,154
Threads: 109,093
Posts: 2,115,656
Welcome to our newest member, AnesFlook
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 03-05-2012, 09:33 PM
IrishLake IrishLake is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: What's round on the ends and high in the middle?
Posts: 3,000
I'm watching it on the DVR now... Lori annoys the piss outta me.

Oh, and Carl throws like a girl.

Double oh, I want to be a walker on the show. How fun would that be?!
__________________
"I think my sorority sisters would be more concerned with the fact that I have a dick
" k_s
KAQ - 1870
With twin stars and kites above.

Last edited by IrishLake; 03-05-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Reply With Quote

Please contribute to help with the costs of running GreekChat.

Donations can be made via PayPal or Fundly.

Everyone who chips in towards this GreekChat fundraiser will have a GC premium membership added to their account (or extended, for those who already have GC premium memberships). [discuss]

  #32  
Old 03-12-2012, 06:52 AM
DaemonSeid DaemonSeid is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: In a house.
Posts: 9,572
Last night's show ended on a special kind of crazy.

It's like you see it coming but you still can't believe it really is.
__________________
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-12-2012, 09:06 AM
IrishLake IrishLake is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: What's round on the ends and high in the middle?
Posts: 3,000
Yeah, I saw that coming. But I didnt see the second part coming.

I guess we now know "The Walking Dead" has two or three meanings/can be interpreted several ways!
__________________
"I think my sorority sisters would be more concerned with the fact that I have a dick
" k_s
KAQ - 1870
With twin stars and kites above.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-12-2012, 02:18 PM
DaemonSeid DaemonSeid is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: In a house.
Posts: 9,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
Yeah, I saw that coming. But I didnt see the second part coming.

I guess we now know "The Walking Dead" has two or three meanings/can be interpreted several ways!
The issue now is, you don't have to get bitten in order to turn.

I know they have to freak out over that now!
__________________
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-13-2012, 10:52 PM
knight_shadow knight_shadow is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,068
Holy shitballs.

I just watched the last episode. I'm happy with Shane's death. That was a long time coming. Even though he started as a good person to have in a post-apocalyptic environment, he started changing too much. I wonder how they're going to explain this turn, though. Maybe it'll explain how all of this started (environmental/biological attack, maybe? I haven't read the comics), but now I'm wondering why none of the previously-killed walkers got up earlier. Is this a mutated virus? Real zombies? Why are they all getting up now?

In other news -- why the fuck isn't anyone ever watching Carl?
__________________
*does side bends and sit-ups*
*doesn't lose butt*

Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-14-2012, 08:53 AM
DaemonSeid DaemonSeid is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: In a house.
Posts: 9,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
Holy shitballs.

I just watched the last episode. I'm happy with Shane's death. That was a long time coming. Even though he started as a good person to have in a post-apocalyptic environment, he started changing too much. I wonder how they're going to explain this turn, though. Maybe it'll explain how all of this started (environmental/biological attack, maybe? I haven't read the comics), but now I'm wondering why none of the previously-killed walkers got up earlier. Is this a mutated virus? Real zombies? Why are they all getting up now?

In other news -- why the fuck isn't anyone ever watching Carl?
any walker that is killed was killed via brain dismemberment. What you never saw was someone freshly killed via non zombie, become one until this week.


Think back to the CDC episode (last 2 or 3 episodes of season 1) for a glimpse of why...
__________________
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-18-2012, 08:49 PM
IrishLake IrishLake is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: What's round on the ends and high in the middle?
Posts: 3,000
Squeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait! 15 minutes.

1. The zombie virus or whatever the fuck it is apparently has infected everyone. They all have it. You turn into a zombie whether you get bit or not when you die UNLESS when were killed, your brain was damaged as well. That's why Dale didn't turn, he was shot in the head. Poor Randall turned because he only had a broken neck.

2. Carl is a little bitch, I'd be cool with him dying.

3. Lori gets on my damn nerves. I'd be cool with her dying as well, before the baby is born at least. In the comics, things don't end well for Lori or the baby. But, they writer (who also wrote the comics) has said things in the show won't be the same as in the comics (as already evident).

4. I just might have a thing for Daryl. I also really like Maggie and Glenn more and more with each episode.
__________________
"I think my sorority sisters would be more concerned with the fact that I have a dick
" k_s
KAQ - 1870
With twin stars and kites above.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-19-2012, 08:16 AM
DaemonSeid DaemonSeid is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: In a house.
Posts: 9,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
Squeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait! 15 minutes.

1. The zombie virus or whatever the fuck it is apparently has infected everyone. They all have it. You turn into a zombie whether you get bit or not when you die UNLESS when were killed, your brain was damaged as well. That's why Dale didn't turn, he was shot in the head. Poor Randall turned because he only had a broken neck.

2. Carl is a little bitch, I'd be cool with him dying.

3. Lori gets on my damn nerves. I'd be cool with her dying as well, before the baby is born at least. In the comics, things don't end well for Lori or the baby. But, they writer (who also wrote the comics) has said things in the show won't be the same as in the comics (as already evident).

4. I just might have a thing for Daryl. I also really like Maggie and Glenn more and more with each episode.

But ya know...with everyone being infected....I am not quite surprised, I mean how else did such a massive zombie outbreak occur in the first place? Just kind of have to think about it. The show did a good job getting rid of excess characters that weren't really needed but I was still hoping for 1 or 2 more regs would've gotten taken out. I was a bit pissed at the whole "let's go back and find this person" mentality again. Ummmmmmmm....isn't that how this whole mess got started in the first place??? Looking for people that got separated really has not panned out for them!
__________________
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-19-2012, 10:50 AM
AXOrushadvisor AXOrushadvisor is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 671
Really good show last night. A couple of observations-

Carl is an idiot and why isn't any one EVER watching him during the zombie Apocalypse? I would have one of those toddler leashes on him.

Why did the kid stop the RV and get out of the drivers seat?? I would have waited for the thump thump then gotten out of there!!

Lori is a full on bitch. Why is she mad? Did she want Shane? I wish she would get eaten already.

Holy cow the scene with Audra (is that her name) Who is under the hood???? And are those zombies??

I think Rick is going to become a bad ass now instead of such a pansy.
__________________
Alpha Chi Omega
Real. Strong. Women.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-19-2012, 12:37 PM
DaemonSeid DaemonSeid is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: In a house.
Posts: 9,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXOrushadvisor View Post
Really good show last night. A couple of observations-

Carl is an idiot and why isn't any one EVER watching him during the zombie Apocalypse? I would have one of those toddler leashes on him.

Why did the kid stop the RV and get out of the drivers seat?? I would have waited for the thump thump then gotten out of there!!

Lori is a full on bitch. Why is she mad? Did she want Shane? I wish she would get eaten already.

Holy cow the scene with Audra (is that her name) Who is under the hood???? And are those zombies??

I think Rick is going to become a bad ass now instead of such a pansy.
Sorry but I gotta say this...it was the classic 'dumb-white-person-don't know-any-better' horror flick move. There was NO reason he needed to open the door at all! heh!!!

I got a chuckle out of T Dog at the end and he should have let Lori's dumb ass jump out

"We are heading for the coast just like we should have done in the beginning!"

^^ Common sense...hehehehe
__________________
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-19-2012, 02:11 PM
DaemonSeid DaemonSeid is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: In a house.
Posts: 9,572
AMC's "The Walking Dead" Finds Its Michonne
__________________
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Honeykiss1974 Honeykiss1974 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: ?
Posts: 5,888
Add me to the list of people that will celebrate Lori's demise on this show. UGHHH!!
__________________
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone."
- Bill Cosby
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-19-2012, 08:09 PM
BetteDavisEyes BetteDavisEyes is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: USS Insanity
Posts: 4,975
OMG! LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the finale!

Yes, Carl needs a damn leash. Lori needs to get her ass kicked.

MICHONNE!!!

THE PRISON!!!

Can't wait for Season 3!
__________________
By the time a woman realizes her mother was right, she has a daughter who thinks she is wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-19-2012, 10:10 PM
knight_shadow knight_shadow is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
In other news -- why the fuck isn't anyone ever watching Carl?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
2. Carl is a little bitch, I'd be cool with him dying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXOrushadvisor View Post
Carl is an idiot and why isn't any one EVER watching him during the zombie Apocalypse? I would have one of those toddler leashes on him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
Yes, Carl needs a damn leash. Lori needs to get her ass kicked.
Lol. Stupid ass kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
MICHONNE!!!
It's VERY rare that I get excited over comics and/or TV shows, but I am extremely excited about this character. Fall can't come soon enough.

I'm not sure about the significance of the prison, but I don't want to read too much about it and spoil the story for myself.
__________________
*does side bends and sit-ups*
*doesn't lose butt*

Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-19-2012, 10:43 PM
IrishLake IrishLake is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: What's round on the ends and high in the middle?
Posts: 3,000
Michonne is one badass woman, from what I've read. I can't wait for her to become a main player!
__________________
"I think my sorority sisters would be more concerned with the fact that I have a dick
" k_s
KAQ - 1870
With twin stars and kites above.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eating while walking? naraht Chit Chat 31 12-14-2009 04:20 PM
Walking the Line... marquise1911 Kappa Alpha Psi 152 05-03-2006 07:07 PM
Sleep Walking, anyone? cashmoney Chit Chat 7 09-13-2005 12:44 PM
Walking Women Home thetagammachica Risk Management - Hazing & etc. 14 02-08-2005 01:49 PM
Walking on eggshells Dionysus Chit Chat 12 05-20-2003 06:30 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.