GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 299,004
Threads: 114,183
Welcome to our newest member, hgjgfhfgngfn

Old 10-27-2010, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

DWI Involves Hay Wagon (Purdue, Delta Chi)

Hi folks. A risk management reminder: don't drink and drive, especially if the driving is part of an event for your GLO, like a hay wagon at a barn dance:

http://www.purdueexponent.com/index....story_id=23243

Excerpts from student paper's article ^:

On Friday night, a Delta Chi Fraternity barn dance ended with two people in the hospital and two others arrested. . . .

Police say Aaron Hawkins, . . . 22, . . . was driving a John Deere tractor pulling a hay wagon northbound on State Road 71 north of County Road 200. Two of the passengers in the wagon fell out, but police say Hawkins didnít realize what had happened. He continued driving the tractor, dragging the victims until they were able to get his attention.

Police said Kate Henry, 18, a freshman . . . ; and Gregory Burkert, 20, a junior . . . ., were injured. They were taken to local hospitals to be treated for head lacerations and stomach pain.

Hawkins was arrested and charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated causing serious bodily injury. Katherine Pack, 19, a sophomore, . . . was charged with illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor. Both Hawkins and Pack were taken to the Benton County Jail.

Kyle Pendleton, . . . director of fraternity and sorority life, said the incident is under investigation with the University. In the event that a student organization violates University policies, punishments would include a hearing and/or sanction.

. . . The president of Delta Chi was unable to be reached for comment. The national office of Delta Chi was also unable to be reached.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Is it bad that I chuckled at the title?
Old 10-28-2010, 01:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
It's worse that I did.

Facepalm.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
I laughed, then thought "there's no way that can be what I think it is, can it?" - then it was, and I laughed again, even though that's pretty bad.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:47 AM
GreekChat Member

I laughed when I thought it was involving horses and that no one had been hurt by being dragged. It is really unfortunate that there were injuries that required a visit to a hospital. I wonder the chain of events that lead to a breathalyzer and police involvement to cite someone driving a tractor unless an ambulance was called or there were other witnesses since it happened on a public road. I also can't help but wonder if people knew he had been consuming and didn't do anything, because that means this was preventable beyond the driver drinking and firing up his John Deere.

I live in a place where people who have DUIs have used farm equipment to get to bars and stores and this kind of is not too surprising. I also immediately thought of Party Monster/Disco Bloodbath and Christina the drag queen taking LSD and driving a U-Haul with a party in the back.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Sounds like those passengers weren't the only ones

off the wagon

YEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH
Old 10-28-2010, 11:12 AM

I still can't believe he really does that on the show. I thought The Soup was making it up.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Hannah View Post
Sounds like those passengers weren't the only ones

off the wagon