GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 298,970
Threads: 114,178
Posts: 2,151,075
Welcome to our newest member, dkcrcln
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-13-2010, 01:50 AM
AGDee AGDee is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,767
How not to write a personal ad...

I know I'm not the only one perusing online dating sites and I come across so many awful profiles. I thought it could be funny to post some of the worst ones here! This is the one that gave me this idea:

Just looking around.And Please, no more Drama. Just want to see whats available. I will write if I can. Im not sure about this.They want me to write more, but Im not sure what to write. I dont even know if I can write enough to get a profile.I am newly divorced and just checking things out. I have been out of the buiness for quite some time. I see you.This whole dating thing sucks. I think Im going to become a hermit lol


Doesn't he sound like a fun guy?? I'm just dying to meet him!
__________________
AGD
Live with Purpose!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-13-2010, 02:32 AM
cheerfulgreek cheerfulgreek is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 13,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I know I'm not the only one perusing online dating sites and I come across so many awful profiles. I thought it could be funny to post some of the worst ones here! This is the one that gave me this idea:

Just looking around.And Please, no more Drama. Just want to see whats available. I will write if I can. Im not sure about this.They want me to write more, but Im not sure what to write. I dont even know if I can write enough to get a profile.I am newly divorced and just checking things out. I have been out of the buiness for quite some time. I see you.This whole dating thing sucks. I think Im going to become a hermit lol


Doesn't he sound like a fun guy?? I'm just dying to meet him!
The "newly divorced" would raise a red flag for me. Sorry Dee, but he doesn't sound so good.
__________________
Phi Sigma Society
"Understanding is the fountain of life to those who have it" -Proverbs 16:22
"You couldn't make a more incorrect statement if you spent a week trying" -TonyB06
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-13-2010, 02:51 AM
RU OX Alum RU OX Alum is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Greater New York
Posts: 4,539
My friends suggested I do this some time ago. But I have no idea what to put in it?
__________________
Love Conquers All
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-13-2010, 03:10 AM
LatinaAlumna LatinaAlumna is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: CA
Posts: 1,127
LOL at "I will write if I can."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-13-2010, 03:23 AM
PeppyGPhiB PeppyGPhiB is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 3,406
lol at "I see you." I guess he's an Avatar fan?
__________________
Gamma Phi Beta
Love. Labor. Learning. Loyalty.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-13-2010, 11:04 AM
33girl 33girl is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Hotel Oceanview
Posts: 33,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRuth View Post
Just go out with him. Give the dude a chance. What's it going to hurt? I don't see how it could be any worse than that hockey prick you were dating.
Well, he obviously has no writing or language skills. That's for starters.

If a girl wrote that ad, would YOU date HER? Seriously???
__________________
It is all 33girl's fault. ~DrPhil
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-13-2010, 11:59 AM
AGDee AGDee is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
The "newly divorced" would raise a red flag for me. Sorry Dee, but he doesn't sound so good.
You missed my facetiousness kiddo! I'm posting the awful ones here!
__________________
AGD
Live with Purpose!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-13-2010, 07:33 PM
christiangirl christiangirl is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: in the midst of a 90s playlist
Posts: 9,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
You missed my facetiousness kiddo! I'm posting the awful ones here!
I gathered that from the title of the thread, lol. I had thought about starting a thread like this after I saw a doozy....If I find it again, I'll post it.

ETA: Found it, it wasn't his profile, it was a msg he sent me. I've bolded the entertaining parts:

wow,,,u sound a lil bit different from others,,,honestly more serious and focused than most other ladies,,,,i do stopby here just read and laugh by wat a lot of ppl here both male n female writes but strangely u made a huge impression on me and dats i took a 2nd look and read ur profile again,,,,wow,i tink ur unique,,,be proud of it girl,,,,never think serious minded ppl can be here as i see here like fun place to see different ideas expressed in profiles,,,,think am impressed well,i will like to kno u more,,,u kno wat,,,just call me,basically after 8pm as i get off 730pm,,,i do a 12hr shit,,,so call me from 8pm-9pm and am available,,i dnt mind giving u my nos as i think u sound maturedly but u hv my mandate to call me ok,,,, till i hear from u back ok,,,,virginboy (***)***-****
__________________
"We have letters. You have dreams." ~Senusret I

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl

Last edited by christiangirl; 03-13-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Psi U MC Vito Psi U MC Vito is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: nasty and inebriated
Posts: 5,739
12 hr shit? sounds painful.
__________________
And he took a cup of coffee and gave thanks to God for it, saying, 'Each of you drink from it. This is my caffeine, which gives life.'
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-14-2010, 09:33 AM
ree-Xi ree-Xi is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: State of Imagination
Posts: 3,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
I gathered that from the title of the thread, lol. I had thought about starting a thread like this after I saw a doozy....If I find it again, I'll post it.

ETA: Found it, it wasn't his profile, it was a msg he sent me. I've bolded the entertaining parts:

wow,,,u sound a lil bit different from others,,,honestly more serious and focused than most other ladies,,,,i do stopby here just read and laugh by wat a lot of ppl here both male n female writes but strangely u made a huge impression on me and dats i took a 2nd look and read ur profile again,,,,wow,i tink ur unique,,,be proud of it girl,,,,never think serious minded ppl can be here as i see here like fun place to see different ideas expressed in profiles,,,,think am impressed well,i will like to kno u more,,,u kno wat,,,just call me,basically after 8pm as i get off 730pm,,,i do a 12hr shit,,,so call me from 8pm-9pm and am available,,i dnt mind giving u my nos as i think u sound maturedly but u hv my mandate to call me ok,,,, till i hear from u back ok,,,,virginboy (***)***-****
"till i hear from u back ok," - is he Yoda?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-14-2010, 11:17 AM
AGDee AGDee is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,767
And he is mandating you to call him back? LOL
__________________
AGD
Live with Purpose!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-14-2010, 02:11 PM
christiangirl christiangirl is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: in the midst of a 90s playlist
Posts: 9,763
All the other stuff aside, WHAT'S WITH ALL THE COMMAS?? If you can't tell between a period and a comma, the problem is much more serious than we thought.
__________________
"We have letters. You have dreams." ~Senusret I

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-16-2010, 08:54 AM
PrettyBoy PrettyBoy is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
wow,,,u sound a lil bit different from others,,,honestly more serious and focused than most other ladies,,,,i do stopby here just read and laugh by wat a lot of ppl here both male n female writes but strangely u made a huge impression on me and dats i took a 2nd look and read ur profile again,,,,wow,i tink ur unique,,,be proud of it girl,,,,never think serious minded ppl can be here as i see here like fun place to see different ideas expressed in profiles,,,,think am impressed well,i will like to kno u more,,,u kno wat,,,just call me,basically after 8pm as i get off 730pm,,,i do a 12hr shit,,,so call me from 8pm-9pm and am available,,i dnt mind giving u my nos as i think u sound maturedly but u hv my mandate to call me ok,,,, till i hear from u back ok,,,,virginboy (***)***-****
No, way. There's no way anybody would type like that. Maybe he was trying to make you laugh or something. Is this for real?
__________________
1911
Krème de la Kreme
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
The most hated organization within the Divine 9
We know it and you know it too
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-16-2010, 12:44 PM
LadySunshine LadySunshine is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
12 hr shit? sounds painful.
Hilarious. When I hit that part of the message I started choking on my drink and laughing. I was not expecting that one.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-16-2010, 05:02 PM
pshsx1 pshsx1 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 2,639
lmao that post is just a mess..
__________________
Our Mission: Building Balanced Men
Our Principles: Virtue, Diligence, & Brotherly Love
Our Practice: Sound Mind, Sound Body

Σ Φ Ε
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Before you write up a new thread ............. ktbug10474 Greek Life 38 10-22-2008 05:17 PM
what to write in a b-day card adpiucf Chit Chat 4 07-02-2008 11:08 PM
ITT we write chick lit AlexMack Chit Chat 1 12-23-2006 01:42 AM
Personal Statement: What to write? queequek Greek Life 14 02-12-2004 05:10 PM
How do I write a rec? IHeartAXO Recruitment 3 07-30-2003 11:46 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.