GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 297,024
Threads: 114,111
Posts: 2,150,306
Welcome to our newest member, Que
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:05 PM
migreek migreek is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate2512 View Post
You were informed wrong, how did you make it to high school?
This obviously has nothing to do with high school.

Now making my post to this next after next reply is ridiculous.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:07 PM
knight_shadow knight_shadow is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by migreek View Post
There was no advice given.
Read:"Not that sure, I was inform...."
If you're not that sure, why even chime in? Especially after so many other people who are sure have already spoken?
__________________
*does side bends and sit-ups*
*doesn't lose butt*

Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:10 PM
migreek migreek is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
If you're not that sure, why even chime in? Especially after so many other people who are sure have already spoken?
To give my opinion, I don't see how the person who asked the question would be angry about it. I made it clear enough that it was what I was inform, and not from my own knowledge.

( It happens all the time on threads)
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:14 PM
knight_shadow knight_shadow is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by migreek View Post
To give my opinion, I don't see how the person who asked the question would be angry about it. I made it clear enough that it was what I was inform, and not from my own knowledge.

( It happens all the time on threads)
Your opinion doesn't help the OP. You don't know enough about the Greek system to recognize what type of organization he's pursuing and whether the information you're giving him is accurate.

Again, there's nothing wrong with having and giving your opinion; you just need to know when to give it.
__________________
*does side bends and sit-ups*
*doesn't lose butt*

Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:14 PM
CrackerBarrel CrackerBarrel is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In Mombasa, in a bar room drinking gin.
Posts: 900
Yes but does it make sense for a high school junior to chime in and say that all of the people who are actually in fraternities are wrong about how fraternities work?
__________________
"I put my mama on her, she threw her in the air. My mama said son, that's a mother buckin' mare."
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:15 PM
knight_shadow knight_shadow is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerBarrel View Post
Yes but does it make sense for a high school junior to chime in and say that all of the people who are actually in fraternities are wrong about how fraternities work?
This bears repeating. Thanks, CB.
__________________
*does side bends and sit-ups*
*doesn't lose butt*

Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:21 PM
migreek migreek is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 53
I've never said all people in fraternities are wrong about how fraternities work. As being online, I'm even clueless on actually whether people ( on this website) who claim to be in a fraternity are actually in one.

I felt the need to give my opinion, and I did. There is no big deal, the asker got many post already to make an educated guess.

I wouldn't be surprise from what I was inform does at least apply to some fraternities.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:23 PM
migreek migreek is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 53
Other than that, seems like more of what your doing is practicing online hazing... or somesort ( with this nonsense of attacks on my post).
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:26 PM
knight_shadow knight_shadow is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by migreek View Post
I've never said all people in fraternities are wrong about how fraternities work. As being online, I'm even clueless on actually whether people ( on this website) who claim to be in a fraternity are actually in one.

I felt the need to give my opinion, and I did. There is no big deal, the asker got many post already to make an educated guess.

I wouldn't be surprise from what I was inform does at least apply to some fraternities.
So...you've been a member for a whole day, and you're unsure about who's who on this website? That's just crazy talk!!

Bottom line: if someone asks about the way things work in fraternities and sororities, let members of fraternities and sororities answer. You may have been "inform" something, but we (as members) know how it really is. No one is telling you not to have an opinion, but you need to learn to stay in your lane.
__________________
*does side bends and sit-ups*
*doesn't lose butt*


Last edited by knight_shadow; 02-01-2009 at 09:30 PM. Reason: stop! grammar time...
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:26 PM
CrackerBarrel CrackerBarrel is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In Mombasa, in a bar room drinking gin.
Posts: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by migreek View Post
I've never said all people in fraternities are wrong about how fraternities work. As being online, I'm even clueless on actually whether people ( on this website) who claim to be in a fraternity are actually in one.

I felt the need to give my opinion, and I did. There is no big deal, the asker got many post already to make an educated guess.

I wouldn't be surprise from what I was inform does at least apply to some fraternities.
__________________
"I put my mama on her, she threw her in the air. My mama said son, that's a mother buckin' mare."
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:27 PM
knight_shadow knight_shadow is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by migreek View Post
Other than that, seems like more of what your doing is practicing online hazing... or somesort ( with this nonsense of attacks on my post).
Online hazing, huh?


WOMP.
__________________
*does side bends and sit-ups*
*doesn't lose butt*

Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:27 PM
knight_shadow knight_shadow is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerBarrel View Post
LOL!

...except that might be hazing
__________________
*does side bends and sit-ups*
*doesn't lose butt*

Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:29 PM
nate2512 nate2512 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Deep South
Posts: 809
Send a message via AIM to nate2512
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerBarrel View Post
Yes but does it make sense for a high school junior to chime in and say that all of the people who are actually in fraternities are wrong about how fraternities work?
Quote:
Originally Posted by migreek View Post
I've never said all people in fraternities are wrong about how fraternities work. As being online, I'm even clueless on actually whether people ( on this website) who claim to be in a fraternity are actually in one.

I felt the need to give my opinion, and I did. There is no big deal, the asker got many post already to make an educated guess.

I wouldn't be surprise from what I was inform does at least apply to some fraternities.
Informed, past tense. That's what I was referring to in asking how you made it to high school.



Quote:
Originally Posted by migreek View Post
Other than that, seems like more of what your doing is practicing online hazing... or somesort ( with this nonsense of attacks on my post).
Comical, are you kidding me? Go join a Southern fraternity and then come back and call this hazing.

As far as me being in a fraternity, I don't need some junior in high school to validate that, why would I want to get on here pretend, sorry I have a life.

ETA: We all responded at the same time.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:30 PM
migreek migreek is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
So...you've been a member for a whole day, and you're unsure about who's who on this website? That's just crazy talk!!

Bottom line: if someone asks about the way things work in fraternities and sororities, let members of fraternities and sororities answer. You may have been "inform" something, but we (as members) no how it really is. No one is telling you not to have an opinion, but you need to learn to stay in your lane.
If your trying to imply that only greek members are allowed to post a comment on this thread is ridiculous. Although if the asker stated that they only wanted greek member opinions then I would most likely not have posted a reply, unless I felt a urge to do so.
_______________________________________

Let the moderators do their job
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:31 PM
nate2512 nate2512 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Deep South
Posts: 809
Send a message via AIM to nate2512
Quote:
Originally Posted by migreek View Post
If your trying to imply that only greek members are allowed to post a comment on this thread is ridiculous. Although if the asker stated that they only wanted greek member opinions then I would most likely not have posted a reply, unless I felt a urge to do so.
_______________________________________

Let the moderators do their job
Do you not think that if the information you were informed of were true, we would have said something before now?
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Join APO after being in NIC fraternity? Reasons for and against? pieceofpaper Alpha Phi Omega 34 03-16-2009 08:59 AM
How hard is at most schools to join a fraternity? fpLAX Fraternity Recruitment 12 08-05-2008 08:43 PM
i want to join in fraternity.. anyone who can recruit me?., chase34273 Chit Chat 0 06-16-2008 07:28 AM
Why did you join your fraternity or sorority? oldu Greek Life 98 02-29-2008 12:34 PM
Can one join another fraternity if they are deactivated? ACTDXDeltaDeut Greek Life 14 01-19-2005 10:38 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.