GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,686
2 members and 1,684 guests
flamboyanttree, LaneSig

Old 05-27-2011, 11:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
Non-greek in the room. Can someone please explain to me the correlation between the sweater and the lavaliere? If a girl doesn't have the latter then she can't wear a sweater with letters on it or something?
Greek in the room. Can someone also explain that to me.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Non-greek in the room. Can someone please explain to me the correlation between the sweater and the lavaliere? If a girl doesn't have the latter then she can't wear a sweater with letters on it or something?
There is no correlation, other than wearing letters. In some groups, being lavaliered = being able to wear his letters on other clothing as well. The details in this regard can be one of those group-specific things.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:28 AM
GreekChat Member

^ Thanks. This is the part that made me ask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyv View Post
Whenever I'm cold in our apartment and I go to grab a sweater, it's a reminder that I'm never going to be able to wear his letters.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 05-28-2011, 08:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
^ Thanks. This is the part that made me ask.
Yeah, that. I just took her to mean that when she grabs one article of clothing for comfort (a sweater), it reminds her again that she won't be able to wear any articles of clothing with his letters on it.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by prettyv
Whenever I'm cold in our apartment and I go to grab a sweater, it's a reminder that I'm never going to be able to wear his letters.

Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, the big item was to be pinned, not lavaliered, and I was pinned by my then boyfriend. After we both realized that there was no future, I returned his pin, and believe it or not, we have maintained a decent relationship.

However, about a year later, he pinned the woman who he eventually married. She cannot handle the fact that I wore his pin before she did, even to the point of wanting him to buy a new pin (or so I've heard). Supposedly he told her not to be ridiculous, but she still shoots daggers at me with her eyes when we see each other. I guess I shouldn't have warned her that the guard "lock" was loose...

Maybe moving won't be the worst thing!
Old 05-30-2011, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
Originally Posted by prettyv

Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, the big item was to be pinned, not lavaliered, and I was pinned by my then boyfriend. After we both realized that there was no future, I returned his pin, and believe it or not, we have maintained a decent relationship.

However, about a year later, he pinned the woman who he eventually married. She cannot handle the fact that I wore his pin before she did, even to the point of wanting him to buy a new pin (or so I've heard). Supposedly he told her not to be ridiculous, but she still shoots daggers at me with her eyes when we see each other. I guess I shouldn't have warned her that the guard "lock" was loose...

Maybe moving won't be the worst thing!
WHY do people insist on taking these things so seriously? Ugh. Poor you.

When I tried to return the lavaliere that was given to me the ex-SO wouldn't take it. I also offered it to a friend that I knew would be lavaliering his SO soon...he said it was jinxed. So I still have the letters somewhere in the back of my jewelry box. But I get wanting to buy a new lavaliere since they're around $25 for sterling...not that I believe in jinxing, but I get it. I do not get demanding your boyfriend buy a new, expensive badge. Damn.

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."
Groucho Marx