GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 879
3 members and 876 guests
Low D Flat, naraht, sabellashulzez9

Old 05-31-2007, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I have to know...did any of the fraternities Hot Box you Rashid?

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-31-2007, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur532 View Post
I have to know...did any of the fraternities Hot Box you Rashid?
I just spit Diet Mountain Dew on my monitor - centaur, you just made my afternoon!
Old 05-31-2007, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Junior Year.....

So I lived with Brian Pumper's member.

We got along just fine. I was very busy with APO and he was busy with his fraternity, which allowed him to have a girlfriend on every campus in the area. (True!) We were ride or die for one another -- real down for whatever type of friends. He introduced me to lots of different kinds of people. He was a former football player so I met all types of guys.

I found people in Brian Pumper to be really intellectual, but not overbearingly so. They liked hanging out at the house but were respectful of our space. Many were bookish....not quite nerdy, but you never heard about them failing out.

And oh yes..... Brian Pumper could step.

I liked that whenever the lone Brian Pumper on campus needed his brothers to attend an event on campus, even just to step, they were there. Heck, even guys from OTHER chapters would be there.

But my head wasn't in the game, so to speak. I was so busy that pledging an NPHC fraternity was the furthest thing from my mind.

One time, my friend left "The History of Brian Pumper" out in his room. Well actually, he always did. And one time I asked him something about a famous member, and he told me "I'm not sure, why don't you look it up?"

And I was like "whaaaaaaa? I can't read your history book!"

And he was like "Of course you can! Go check it out."

So I did. Now, because the book is 600 pages long, and once again, I was not particularly interested in Brian Pumper, it read like the Handbook for the Recently Deceased from Beetlejuice. I couldn't make heads or tails of it. So I politely thanked my friend and put it back down.

When my buddy graduated, I decided to write an article for the campus newspaper about the university's policies against fraternities. I decided to highlight Brian Pumper on campus and what the school was doing by not allowing GLOs to operate. I asserted that because of the official ban on GLOs, we were stifling future Brian Pumpers from going out and spreading the seed of....goodwill...among the land. Without Brian Pumpers from St. Wilona's preparing to be leaders, the university would be at a disadvantage.

I researched, researched, and researched for this article. I used the last graduating Brian Pumper on campus as a case for why the school should recognized GLOs.

I saw all these prominent members.... all these phenomenal national programs.....awesome men on the ground level...

I published the article....and the damnedest thing happened.

I fell in love with Brian Pumper!
Old 05-31-2007, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
Pun intended or not intended?
Old 05-31-2007, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessSigKap View Post
I laughed out loud at the same thing!
Old 05-31-2007, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

You're a true raconteur! Are you going to start channeling E. Lynn now...

Quote:
Junior Year.....

We got along just fine. I was very busy with APO and he was busy with his fraternity, which allowed him to have a girlfriend on every campus in the area. (True!) We were ride or die for one another -- real down for whatever type of friends. He introduced me to lots of different kinds of people. He was a former football player so I met all types of guys.

I found people in Brian Pumper to be really intellectual, but not overbearingly so. They liked hanging out at the house but were respectful of our space. Many were bookish....not quite nerdy, but you never heard about them failing out.

And oh yes..... Brian Pumper could step.

I liked that whenever the lone Brian Pumper on campus needed his brothers to attend an event on campus, even just to step, they were there. Heck, even guys from OTHER chapters would be there.

But my head wasn't in the game, so to speak. I was so busy that pledging an NPHC fraternity was the furthest thing from my mind.

One time, my friend left "The History of Brian Pumper" out in his room. Well actually, he always did. And one time I asked him something about a famous member, and he told me "I'm not sure, why don't you look it up?"

And I was like "whaaaaaaa? I can't read your history book!"

And he was like "Of course you can! Go check it out."

So I did. Now, because the book is 600 pages long, and once again, I was not particularly interested in Brian Pumper, it read like the Handbook for the Recently Deceased from Beetlejuice. I couldn't make heads or tails of it. So I politely thanked my friend and put it back down.

When my buddy graduated, I decided to write an article for the campus newspaper about the university's policies against fraternities. I decided to highlight Brian Pumper on campus and what the school was doing by not allowing GLOs to operate. I asserted that because of the official ban on GLOs, we were stifling future Brian Pumpers from going out and spreading the seed of....goodwill...among the land. Without Brian Pumpers from St. Wilona's preparing to be leaders, the university would be at a disadvantage.

I researched, researched, and researched for this article. I used the last graduating Brian Pumper on campus as a case for why the school should recognized GLOs.

I saw all these prominent members.... all these phenomenal national programs.....awesome men on the ground level...

I published the article....and the damnedest thing happened.

I fell in love with Brian Pumper!

GreekChat.com - The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network
Old 05-31-2007, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
the way this is going, i'd say intended! LOL
Old 05-31-2007, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Or this one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I
....spreading the seed of....
Old 05-31-2007, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jubilance1922 Send a message via Yahoo to jubilance1922
Quote:
I was just about to point that out....
Old 05-31-2007, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
DYING. Just dying over here.

This is classic.
Ditto!
Old 06-01-2007, 08:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
One time, my friend left "The History of Brian Pumper" out in his room.
Is that like one of those "Best of" DVDs? My roommate leaves those out all the time too.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Rah you are so talented! more Pumper, more Pumper!!!

ZΦB
Old 06-01-2007, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Best. Recruitment. Thread. Ever.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueKappa View Post
Best. Recruitment. Thread. Ever.
No kidding.

If you have to read about someone who joined their GLO 4361654 years ago, this is the way to do it.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:31 AM
GreekChat Member

I have a feeling by the end of the story I'm going to need a towel and a cigarette.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.