GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,493
1 members and 2,492 guests
naraht

Old 03-21-2006, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Car Sticker Removal

Ok so I'm getting a new car next week (Jeep Liberty!) and I need to take the Phi Mu sticker off my back window... only thing is it's one of those technicolor outside stickers. When I took it off my old car it was already peeling off so it was easy but what is the best way to get them off besides a razor blade? Will Goo Gone work?

KLTC
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-21-2006, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTABullwinkle
Use a hair blow dryer. It should make the adhesive heat up and the sticker pull off easier. As for the Goo Gone, use that to remove any remaining residue.

Good Luck!

"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon our hearts. Until against our will comes the wisdom of God."
Old 03-21-2006, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Are you trading in the car or selling it on your own? If you're trading it in with the dealer, let them take care of it. I tried to get my KD and Pitt stickers off the back window of my old car, but gave up pretty quickly. Figured might as well let the dealer do it, they have all sorts of tools and potions that I don't.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Quote:
Originally posted by kddani
Are you trading in the car or selling it on your own? If you're trading it in with the dealer, let them take care of it. I tried to get my KD and Pitt stickers off the back window of my old car, but gave up pretty quickly. Figured might as well let the dealer do it, they have all sorts of tools and potions that I don't.
It's a lease. I usually just take the stickers off myself and my mom told me to so I just figured that they might charge extra as a cleaning fee or whatever the crap they do. I have pop stains on the seats but my mom said I can leave that go cuz that's just normal "wear and tear". Sweet no shampooing for me!

KLTC
Old 03-22-2006, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

you can also try using a stright razor blade and some soapy water. wet the sticker thoroughly and while still wet, gently scrape the sticker with the razon blade. do not try this dry, as it might permanantly scratch the glass.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:21 PM

You definitely don't want the stickers still on there when you return your lease; they'll probably charge you an arm and a leg for removal!

Go to Home Depot and buy a product called "Goo Gone", and follow the directions on the bottle. It's cheap and it works very well with a minimum of work. Plus, this is what many bodyshops use.

One little hint that I don't think is mentioned on the bottle: use a razor blade or x-acto knife to put some slits into the sticker before you put the Goo Gone on. This allows the product to penetrate to the lower level where the glue is.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
I recommend that you use a paint scraper to remove the sticker. I was afraid that I would cut myself with a box cutter or a razor blade. The scraper took quite a few minutes and some effort, but the sticker eventually came off, and I didn't cut myself.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Glass of the Window Car type will not be hurt with a regular Scraper! Dont use a diamond scrapper!!!!!

Used water to moisten it and then a Razor Blade to remove it. You cant save the C of C or Letters!

Why in the hell dont HQs use a easy apply and take off item?

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 03-23-2006, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Earp
Glass of the Window Car type will not be hurt with a regular Scraper! Dont use a diamond scrapper!!!!!

Used water to moisten it and then a Razor Blade to remove it. You cant save the C of C or Letters!

Why in the hell dont HQs use a easy apply and take off item?
I forgot to mention that you wet the sticker before you use the scraper.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to _Opi_
Thanks for the helpful tips because I've also been trying to remove a sticker for a while myself.