GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,474
0 members and 1,474 guests
No Members online

Old 08-02-2005, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Alpha Gam wedding traditions

Hello lovely ladies,

Next weekend Alpha Beta 00 class will marry off their first sister. As an atendee of the wedding, I'm looking for your help to brainstorm some Alpha Gam wedding traditions that we can include in our sister's wedding. Since our chapter recolonized with my 00 class, we don't have the wedding traditions passed down, so we're going to start our own and pass them down from here on out.

What have you done at your AGD wedding? What has been done at a sister's wedding? Do you have any ideas? Thanks so much for the ideas, ladies
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-02-2005, 11:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to winnieb
I was the first to get married from the chapter. We were a new chapter and didn't have any traditions either. At my wedding reception all my sisters gathered around me and started singing. I don't even remember what song---- but we were all in a big circle, arms around each other singing, laughing louding and crying. We were in our own little world and had no clue that the rest of the 200 people at my reception had stopped to watch. Even a couple of years later people would comment on how sweet it was to watch all of us girls together.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:20 AM
GreekChat Member

All of my pledge class seems to be getting married the next two years!
Anyway,
Our chapters tradition is to make a circle with the bride in the middle... all the sistersin the circle hold hands and sing Today (you know, Today, as we gather in our, sisterhood....) Then at the end we rush into her (not touching her or her beautiful gown) and do Hadie Kadie.

Apparently our chapter does Hadie Kadie different because we go REALLY fast whereas I was told most chapters do it slower... ???

Facebook
Old 08-03-2005, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

The couple Alpha Gam weddings that I attended, we did CandleLighting Time, with the Bride in the center of a circle and then we also rushed her and did Hadie Kadie (really fast too)
Old 08-03-2005, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

wedding traditions

I am getting married in 5 monthes and my 4 sorority sisters that have gotten married in the past year we gather in a circle around the sister and her husband and sing our candlelighting song....

For me there's a guy
who is handsome and strongest
of all of the fellows I know....

His heart is so warm
and his eyes are a shining
with love that for me dear I knoooww....

And when every night
when the shadows are falling
I hear his voice calling tis true.....

Though the years may all sever
I' ll love him forever,
my sweetheart of Alpha Gam.

Just an idea......
Old 08-03-2005, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm a Gamma Alpha too and that was done at my wedding as well! ...and my 3 candlelightings.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi!
At the last Alpha Gam wedding I was at, we had a small squirrel pin that we pinned underneath the bride's dress.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to squirrely girl
i got in touch with IHQ to get an old badge from my chapter as my "something old" - a TON of people commented on it!

- marissa
A GD
Old 08-04-2005, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to winnieb
Quote:
Originally posted by squirrely girl
i got in touch with IHQ to get an old badge from my chapter as my "something old" - a TON of people commented on it!

- marissa
My oldest friend (20yrs) / my "daughter" borrowed my badge for her "something borrowed" and wore it in the slip of her dress.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

The song we sang at Winnieb's wedding was "We are Family" I think we danced all together to the Song "Friends" at our sister Stephanie's wedding and I thought that borrowing her badge was the best thing in the world for my something borrowed.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Ladies,

Thanks for all the great ideas! The wedding was beautiful and it was so great to see all my sisters! As far as traditions go, one of the girls' mom's embroidered a hankercheif with "Alpha Gamma Delta" and a red and buff rose. The bride wrapped it around her bouquet and it went down the aisle. Each of us will carry the same one down the aisle from here on out. Pretty cool.

We also surrounded the bride and groom while they played "The Rose" and had an all Alpha Gam moment when 'I Will Survive" came on - a special song to our pledge class.

Thanks for all the suggestions!
Old 08-16-2005, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

My chapter uses Alpha Gam House as the song.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:44 PM
UMgirl

I know I'm late, but I want to know which one of my sisters got married!!!! I want to send a card since that was my initation class . It's Tonya, please let me know. Thanks!
Old 09-05-2005, 09:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi Tonya,

Corinne got married! None of us pegged her to be the first, but it was a gorgeous wedding and she's so happy!

Pics are here: http://community.webshots.com/user/tkrzezew2

Hope all is well with you. What are you up to these days? I teach High school English - scary, huh?!
Old 09-05-2005, 04:09 PM
UMgirl

Tracy,

Yeah, I never would have thought that Corinne would be the first one to walk down the aisle, but I am very happy for her and she made a beautiful bride. Please send her my congrats.

Youuu however, look wonderful yourself!!! All of you guys did. Kind of funny, because I got a little teary eyed looking at the pics and thought the last time I saw everyone they were just sophmores and now everyone is so grown up. Maybe we can have a big reunion with all of us one of these days.

Nothing new to report except, the new position I have at work. Tell all I said hi and hopefully we can start keeping in touch.

And you, teaching HS English..... yeah it is kinda scary