GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,999
1 members and 1,998 guests
No Members online

Old 08-13-2002, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I am so excited for them!!! I can't wait until next week, when I get to rush!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-13-2002, 03:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
I am happy that they are having a good rush experience so far!
Old 08-13-2002, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Lil_ChiO_Lady
Talking

I am getting so nervous and excited...I hope I don'ty loose any sleep,checking in with GC every hour,lol...So Carnation if at 10pm they are done then.I would assume they will call you right away.I can't wait and especially since Chi-O is one of their choices ..Yiipee!!..I am going to check in about 2 hrs,hehe
Psi Zeta Chapter
Old 08-13-2002, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Carnation:
You've done a wonderful preparing your daughters for this experience, you should give yourself a lot of credit. I think its great that they are "aghast" that they need to rank the sororities...it says a lot about what open minds and hearts they have! That sort of open and generous attitude will serve them well whatever they do. It also says how much they want a sisterhood and a Greek experience and are not just looking for letters.
I think it also says a lot about how good the chapters at Valdosta are, congats to all you Valdosta Greeks!

Thanks again for these posts, they're wonderful!
Fraternally,
violets
Old 08-13-2002, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Hopefully they will do different sororities
Old 08-13-2002, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

BlazerCheer has dropped out of rush. I'll let you know about Ballerina when we can catch her in her room.
Old 08-13-2002, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTABullwinkle
I am sorry to hear about Blazercheer dropping out of Rush. But she will be pretty busy cheering for Valdosta State. Good luck to Ballerina!!

"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon our hearts. Until against our will comes the wisdom of God."
Old 08-13-2002, 07:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Carnation, I am so sorry to hear about blazercheer. Is she dead set against finishing out the rest of the week?
Old 08-13-2002, 07:21 PM
UMgirl

Carnation, I give you a whole lot of applause for handling this as well as you seem to. My gawd, they're not even my children and as the kids I work with say when they are getting over anxious, "I'm spazzing out" over here in NY. And as Marissa said, if one or both decide to go Alpha Gam, they might be getting spoiled by some GC ones from all over the country, lol.
It's great to hear that Ballerina and Blazercheet are having so much fun with rush. I iwsh them the best of luck and hope they will be happy in the house they may get selected to. It's obvious that they have a great Rush/Recruitment Coach (Hmm another term for Rho Chi)in you.
If all your kids go greek, how on earth are you and your husband going to remember what org. each is in??? And hey you'll have your own lil badge collection .
About the computerized system/scantrons. Michigan uses this system, although I am not sure what version they use. At UM after the first day of Recruitment at UM, the girls go back and rank all the houses in preference on the scantron. At the same time the sororities are ranking the rushees, and then everything goes into the computer and it goes from there. I believe this is done for Sets I-III, Pref. and the final list for Bid Day.
Does it have its glitches? Like many have posted before, just asked a girl who wanted XYZ and XYZ wanted her too, but the computer did match them . Like anything it has its ups and downs.
Old 08-13-2002, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Carnation-
sorry to hear that BlazerCheer has dropped out.... Best of luck to Ballerina... you have done an AMAZING job with both your girls you have NOTHING to worry about.
Old 08-13-2002, 07:33 PM
UMgirl

Prevous Post Written Before New Info Appeared

Carnation, I am sorry to hear about Blazercheer. Perhaps she is just a lil overwhelmed with everything that is going on at the moment (moving in, being a frosh, rush and cheerleading) and will decide to continue recruitment if she is allowed. If not maybe she will try to adjust to school and go through again if they have Spring Recruitment or next year.
Old 08-13-2002, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

This thread is making me even more excited for rush!! 3 weeks!

Sorry to hear about Blazercheer! Maybe after she sleeps on it, she'll decide to continue!
Old 08-13-2002, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Why did Blazercheer drop out? Did she get cut heavily, or did she just decide that Greek life is not for her? Either way, the sororities are missing out.
Old 08-13-2002, 07:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
Wow. I never considered that one of them would drop out of rush...we don't know the circumstances yet though, so I just hope that she is okay and she had time to think about it before she made the decision. Being a Rho Chi taught me that sometimes people just don't feel right with it or have other reasons for dropping. Sometimes they take snap bids or do informal later and sometimes they just decide it is not for them.

Best of luck to ballerina. I hope that you all are okay with the decision.
Old 08-13-2002, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to whiteroses
OH NO! I hope that nothing bad happened to make Blazercheer drop out of rush. Best of luck to Ballerina. I hope that they are both happy at their new school and find the right niche for themselves.